Doing a PDF to Excel conversion is often useful when your original document has tables and other content that can only be edited in a spreadsheet program. Since PDF itself doesn't inherently work with tabular data, the best way to make changes, add formulas, and perform other table operations is to do it in Excel.
However, not every tool converts PDF to Excel with the perfect formatting. This article shows you 5 reliable PDF-to-Excel converters with a comparison chart showing the pros and cons.
Method 1. How to Convert PDF to Excel with UPDF
UPDF is an easy-to-use PDF tool that can help you convert PDFs to Excel and over a dozen other file formats in an editable form, including Word, PowerPoint, TXT, CSV, HTML, and more. Additionally, it supports batch conversion, enabling you to upload unlimited PDFs and convert them to Excel files simultaneously. It's a handy and intuitive utility with a simple interface yet many powerful features. To try UPDF, click on the Free Download button below.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Why Choose UPDF to Convert PDF to Excel Files:
- Convert PDF to 14 different file formats including images, MS Office, HTML, Text, CSV, and more.
- Advanced conversion options such as OCR for text recognition in scanned or image-based PDF documents.
- A simplified interface that requires minimal user input.
- High accuracy in terms of content integrity after conversion.
- Handles very large PDFs with ease. The batch converting option is available to improve efficiency.
- View, annotate, edit, protect, and share a PDF file quickly.
This tool can perfectly fulfill your different needs and situations for you and please follow the guides below:
1.1 How to Convert a Single PDF to Excel with UPDF
Instructions: Download and launch UPDF on your devices. Drag and drop the PDF into the UPDF interface to import it. Alternatively, you can use the "Open File" button of the software window for the same result.
In the right panel, click the "Export PDF" tab and then select the "Excel" option. Then you can click the "Export" button at the bottom of the pop-up window. Finally, select a destination folder to save the converted file.
1.2 How to Convert a Scanned PDF to Excel with UPDF
Additionally, if your file is a scanned PDF, you use the OCR feature.
Instructions: Click the "Recognize Text Using OCR" icon on the right panel. This feature can identify your scanned PDF or PDF image text and convert them to editable ones. Select "Searchable PDF" and set the layout, language, and image resolution. If you have done the setting of the page range, then tap "Perform OCR". The OCRed PDF file will open with UPDF automatically.
Now your PDF file is editable and searchable, you can follow the previous steps to convert scanned PDF to Excel with OCR by clicking the "Export PDF > Excel" option.
1.3 How to Convert Multiple PDFs into Excel Files in a Batch
If you have a bunch of PDF files which are needed to be converted into Excel format, then you can use the batch convert feature.
Instructions: Run UPDF and click the "Batch" button on the screen. Choose "Convert" in the next window. Add multiple PDF files by clicking the "Add File" button and choosing "Excel" as the output format. Finally, click the "Apply" button and the PDF files will be converted to separate Excel files.
Look easy and convenient, right? Give UPDF a chance to help you convert PDF to Excel. Click the "Free Download" icon below now.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Here is a tutorial video to help you learn how to convert PDF to Excel with UPDF:
Video Tutorial on How to Convert PDF to Excel
Method 2. How to Convert PDF to Excel with Able2Extract Professional 17
Able2Extract PRO 17 is a slick and intuitive PDF editor with a powerful conversion engine to transform PDF workflows into a variety of file types including Excel, and so on. The software is uncannily good with complex PDF tables and renders them near-perfectly as properly formatted Excel files just the way they looked in the PDF.
PDF to Excel Conversion Steps in Able2Extract Professional 17
- Step 1: Using the Open button on the left extreme of the ribbon toolbar or the File → Open menu, open the PDF to be converted to Excel
- Step 2: There are multiple options to choose from: select with your mouse, select a page range, or select the All or Area option. Pick one now and apply the required parameters.
- Step 3: Click the Excel icon on the ribbon toolbar or click File → Convert to Excel
- Step 4: In the pop-up window, you'll see a custom option on the right where you can define the table structure prior to conversion; or else, simply click the Convert button on the left
Method 3. How to Convert PDF to Excel with TalkHelper PDF Converter
This Windows-only PDF conversion utility comes with OCR and file/page management tools. The interface is relatively simple and clear, and it all happens in a single window. The conversion accuracy is fairly good for most file conversion combinations including when you convert PDF to Excel. Other features are pretty minimal.
Steps to Change PDF to Excel Spreadsheet with TalkHelper
- Step 1: Use the Add File(s) option near the bottom of the software interface to import your PDFs
- Step 2: Select PDF to Excel in the panel on the left side of the software interface
- Step 3: Set the destination folder near the top of the software window - you can choose the same or different folder from the location of the source PDF file
- Step 4: Click the Convert button near the bottom and wait for the conversion to be processed. Save the output file when prompted
Method 4. How to Convert PDF to Excel with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Acrobat Pro DC is undoubtedly one of the best and most feature-rich PDF editors around. The conversion engine is also very accurate, powerful, and well-suited to heavy PDF workloads. In most cases, pricing is quite prohibitive, which may be the case for students, cash-strapped entrepreneurs, and smaller companies that process a lot of paperwork. Nevertheless, as the market leader in the PDF space, no list of PDF conversion tools would be complete without mentioning Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Steps for How to Convert PDF to Excel Table without Losing Formatting in Acrobat Pro DC
- Step 1: In the Acrobat Pro DC interface, click the My Computer button in the Home tab to navigate to and select the file you want to convert to Excel. Import the required PDF file.
- Step 2: Click the Tool tab to see the list of options on the left-hand side panel. Choose Export PDF and choose "spreadsheet" as your export format, and then select "Microsoft Excel Workbook."
- Step 3: Click "Export" and name your new Excel file. Then click the "Save" button.
Method 5. How to Convert PDF to Excel with Kofax Power PDF
Kofax, formerly known as Nuance, is a powerful PDF editing and conversion tool with a host of other functions to handle document workflows, such as creating and editing forms and tables, PDF security, electronic signature, page numbering, page organizing, etc.
Steps to Convert PDF to Excel in Kofax Power PDF
- Step 1: Use File → Open to import the PDF to be converted
- Step 2: Click File again but this time choose the Save As an option
- Step 3: In the Explorer or Finder window, select the target folder
- Step 4: Select Output Format and Save to Convert. Change the file type to Excel. Click Save to convert the PDF to Excel and save it in the chosen folder
Compare with 5 Methods to Convert PDF to Excel
|● Simple interface - zero learning curve
● Convert PDF to 14 different file formats.
● OCR feature.
● Support - Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android versions.
● High accuracy in terms of content integrity after conversion.
|Everything is great. No downsides for now.
|Able2Extract PRO 17
|● Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux distributions
|● Expensive if you're only going to use it for PDF to Excel and other conversions
● Smart Layout Detector is only available in the latest Able2Extract version 17
|● Convert from PDF to and to PDF from various formats
|● OCR quality is merely acceptable
● Table conversions may show errors or wrong formatting at times
|Single perpetual license: US$49.95
|Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
|● A full suite of PDF tools
● Comprehensive conversion features
|● Some operations are complex for first-time users
● Expensive PDF utility
|Kofax Power PDF
|● Popular with former Nuance users
● Available for Mac and PC
|● No advanced tools such as OCR and batch processing
● Bulk processing only for the Combine PDF feature
● The advanced version is fairly expensive
|Standard: US$129 Advanced: US$179
As you can see, UPDF is obviously the best PDF-to-Excel converter. The most cost-effective price is almost the best reason for you to choose. But it also can convert PDFs and keep the original quality. The OCR feature can scan the PDF and make it editable and searchable.
Regarding converting PDF to Excel, UPDF is the best choice for you. With a user-friendly interface, zero learning curve, and accurate and fast conversion capabilities, this is absolutely the final destination when it comes to converting PDF files into other editable formats. So why wait? Download UPDF and try it out.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure