Converting scanned PDF to Text has been made easy with Optical Character Recognition or OCR feature that is found in conversion tools. This feature makes it easy to convert all the scanned and image-based PDFs to editable versions with ease. The best tool to use is UPDF featuring an OCR feature you can use to do the conversion. Continue reading the article to learn how to use OCR to convert scanned PDF to Text.
The Best Scanned PDF to Text Converter with OCR
UPDF is created to offer high-level PDF conversion to different editable versions such as HTML, XML, Text, CSV, Excel, Word, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, and others. It offers accurate conversion and consistent formatting. The tool has excellent features that make it an exception from other similar tools. With its simple interface, you just need a few clicks to have the conversion work done within a few seconds.
The tool is versatile since it supports the conversion of image-based or scanned PDFs into other editable formats with its OCR or Optical Character Recognition feature. It also supports the editing of PDF documents, by modifying texts and images on PDFs more efficiently.
- Its friendly and intuitive interface makes it easy to learn how to use it without the learning curve.
- The other great thing is that UPDF is available across all platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android (features are different in different versions).
- The tool is also a PDF editor, thus helping you make modifications to the texts and images easily.
- It is also a PDF annotator and you can markup them simultaneously within a few seconds.
- The OCR feature can support over 30 languages.
- The conversion speed is super fast, and the quality is the same as the original file.
- It can share the converted files with others via the link, email, and QR code.
- If you want to change the order of the PDF, you can also use the Organize Pages tool to reorder the PDF. This is not the all function that UPDF can do, it can also insert, replace, extract, split, and delete pages.
- It can compress the files if you think the files are too large.
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Text with OCR
We can't edit and search the text from a scanned PDF. You can convert it to text with OCR. UPDF can support OCR features both on Windows and Mac. The following are the steps to convert scanned PDF to Text with OCR:
Step 1: Add the Scanned PDF
Launch the program to start the scanned PDF to Text conversion with OCR. Drag and drop the PDF files you want to convert from your storage device into the interface. Another option to open the PDF is clicking the "Open Files" button to upload the files into the tool.
Step 2: OCR Setting
Start by opening the PDF and pressing the "Recognize Text Using OCR" button on the right. As the menu opens, click the "Document Type" tab and select "Searchable PDF."
You will then have to specify the layout in the "Layout" settings. Select "Text and pictures only" or "Text over the page image" and if there are any advanced layout options to look out for, select the "Gear" icon and work on the options.
Below, you can define the Document Language. Also, you can work on the "Image Resolution" settings and set a particular value from the list provided with it. If you are not sure, tap the "Detect Optimal Resolution" button and proceed.
Step 3: Scan PDF to Text
Work on the page range on which you want to execute the OCR tool. Following this, select the "Perform OCR" button, define the location of the saved OCR document, and let the process execute. Once done, it opens on UPDF, where you can edit the text directly in UPDF.
Step 4: Convert Scanned PDF to Text
Once the scanned PDF is imported on UPDF, follow it up by clicking the "Export PDF" option in the top-right corner. A small window will be displayed on the screen as soon as you click on the "Export PDF" option. Choose the output format as Text from the menu options.
Now click the "Export" button to begin the conversion. The file will be converted as saved in the folder you just choose and displayed on your screen. Double-click it to open it with the default Text editor.
UPDF allows you to convert scanned PDFs to Text easily with the OCR option. You can use the tool to extract text and characters from your scanned PDF files to other formats. The tool features OCR which supports more than 30 languages. As an all-in-one PDF editor, you can also use it to read, edit, annotate, protect, and organize PDF pages. It is the best tool that you will regret missing. Download it now and try it for free!
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today