Various document file formats have come and gone over the last decade; various cloud-based document creation services have launched, and productivity apps have extended the reach of documents across devices and platforms! All of this, however, cannot affect the PDF file format's monopoly when it comes to creating a document that works on all operating systems and is universally accepted.
Despite the fact that a variety of tools exist to view and convert files to PDF documents directly from your device or web browser, many people regard PDF editing as a difficult operation requiring extensive knowledge. In this post, we decided to list the best open source PDF editor for Mac. Here we will talk about the different PDF editors available for macOS and also talk about their nice features.
The List for Top 5 Open Souce PDF Editor on Mac
One of the best open-source PDF editors for Mac is UPDF. You can easily open and view PDF documents on Mac. It is the first real open source PDF editor on Mac, and you can edit the text and images on your PDF for free. You can add text, modify the text, delete text, and even add text with art effects to your PDF document. Also, you can easily add, crop, rotate, and replace the images of the PDF file.
The user interface is simple to use, even for inexperienced users. You can easily read, edit and organize your PDF file. You can organize the pages by adding, deleting, reordering, rotating pages, etc.
- A comprehensive set of PDF tools
- Wide platform support
- Total free of use
- Fast speed to open the large PDF file
- High performance
- Beautiful interface
2. Formulate Pro for Mac
One of the greatest open-source PDF editors for Mac is Formulate Pro. It has a lot of features that make it quite powerful. You can redact and add text to your PDF files. It also combines and rearranges pages from many PDF files into a single document. The program may convert scanned documents into editable text using optical character recognition (OCR). You can use this program to build a PDF file from scratch, then add security features like a digital signature.
- It provides the capacity to create PDF files right away, which encourages you to be more creative.
- It can be used to make a digital signature to safeguard your work further.
- It can convert other files to PDFs while maintaining the overall appearance.
- You can edit images, text, and complete pages. This means that you can change the order of pages.
It is unable to convert documents, limiting its capacity to offer all eBooks.
3. Icecream PDF Split & Merge
If you're looking for a not-so-detailed but useful tool to view and edit PDF document pages, Icecream PDF Split & Merge is the best tool to check. The tool does not allow you to edit the contents of a PDF document, but you can use it to split, rearrange, and merge pages from different PDF files. You can have different PDF splitting modes, split by range, file encryption for security, etc. In life, many users need to use the split and merge function when editing and processing PDF files, so they use ice cream.
- Split a PDF file into single-page documents in a few clicks.
- Combine any PDF documents, including password-protected ones.
- It has an intuitive UI, optimized for improving your productivity.
- Process large files
- Split and merge PDF files of large size.
- Limited merging feature.
- It has fewer features.
4. Preview - Easy Open Source PDF Editor Mac
Preview is the built-in PDF editor for macOS systems. Preview is probably the best free PDF editor for Mac. You can easily mark up PDFs, edit images, and add text if you choose. Unlike most PDF editors, Apple Preview is actually built into your Mac and doesn't need to be downloaded separately.
You can use the system in your Mac to highlight text to draw attention to important parts of the contract in seconds. There is an annotation function, and the ability to add signatures and request signatures from other users.
- Electronically sign important documents
- Merge, edit and convert PDFs
- Easily add notes and notes
- Include drawings, text, and images
- Edit content in PDF
- Share and export in seconds
- Does not have a user-friendly interface.
- Only available for macOS
- Lacks OCR
5. Skim for Mac
Skim is a Mac-only open-source PDF editor that lets you edit the PDF in any way you choose. You may also go over a file and make notes on it, as well as capture screenshots for future reference. You may also use the table of contents to move between pages and highlight text.
- It is easy to use.
- It has an amazing cropping tool.
- You can add notes and bookmarks.
- It has a mode for presentation.
- It is only available for macOS.
- There are no advanced features like OCR.
- It has a very basic feature set and UI.
Now all you need to do is choose your favorite and follow our guide to get what you want. If you are still frustrated with PDF editors for Mac, try using the above open-source PDF for Mac. Some programs provide excellent features for editing PDF files and adding desired text and images to PDF files. UPDF is the best PDF editor that allows you to convert PDF to another format like Word or Excel. And then you can make any changes to the PDF files as you wish. If you have any questions about the PDF editor, feel free to let us know in the comments.
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF