In order to convert scanned text and images into editable files, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software is used.
It is common practice for businesses to use this technology to extract data from documents such as ID cards, passports, invoices, and others. Bluebeam OCR is a great example of this. PDFs can now be scanned and converted into searchable data with the help of this text recognition program.
- Part 1: How to Use Bluebeam OCR Step-by-Step
- Part 2: Pros and Cons of Bluebeam OCR
- Part 3: A Better Alternative to Bluebeam OCR
- Part 4: FAQs on Bluebeam OCR
Part 1. How to Use Bluebeam OCR Step-by-Step
Let's not delay any longer; let's learn how to use Bluebeam OCR text recognition to quickly and easily convert PDF files into fully searchable and editable text.
- Launch Revu eXtreme and then select File > Open > PDF.
- Then, click Document > OCR to bring up the OCR dialogue. Another option is to use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+O.
- Select the language to be used for OCR recognition, as well as any other preferences you may have. If you want to extract text from an image, you may do so by selecting the "Detect Text in Pictures and Drawings" option. Page ranges can be specified for OCR scanning.
- The last step is to press Ok to finish scanning and converting the PDF to text. Once the procedure is complete, you may use the copied text any way you choose.
PDF to Text Conversion in Batch
- In order to open the Batch OCR dialogue box, select File > Batch > OCR.
- Select the Add button to begin loading PDFs from your computer's hard drive or a network location. A PDF file may be opened in Revu by clicking Add Open Files.
- You may customize your search by choosing a page range and filter options. OCR can be limited to only certain types of pages, such as those that are odd, even, landscape, or portrait.
- Select the language for text recognition in the OCR dialogue box that opens when you click Ok. Finally, click OK to start the OCR process.
Your team will be able to work together on separate projects with less hassle as a result of something like this. Because with this app, you can compile all of the essential data for a given project into a single digital archive.
Bluebeam has simplified the process of sharing the content you produce. You may give specific members of your team access to sensitive documents, and both your top-level management and your regular staff will be able to provide you with updates and reports as needed.
3.Instant PDF Creation
With Bluebeam PDF Revu, you can transform almost any document format into a fillable PDF with annotation capabilities. Digitized pictures, drawings, and documents of all kinds fall under this category.
4.Markup Conversation Mode
Bluebeam PDF's annotation and markup tools provide a convenient method of incorporating team feedback into document creation.
1.OCR not displaying in Bluebeam
Although Bluebeam has an OCR tool, it is restricted to Revu eXtreme subscribers. In all other versions, the OCR option, menu, and toolbar will be hidden. You should familiarize yourself with the main benefits of each Bluebeam Revu OCR version before making a purchase.
This is more of a glitch than a real problem, though. When you run Bluebeam text recognition on a batch of scanned PDFs or photos, the program may rotate some of the pages automatically.
You can convert PDF files into 14 other formats with the help of the UPDF. In addition, you only need one click to switch between formats, which is really efficient. In addition, the converted forms of the original file are quite adaptable to editing.
By using OCR technology, the UPDF can convert PDF files into scanned forms. The scanned file is in an easily searchable and editable format that may be modified to suit your needs.
The OCR system can also determine the language used in your document. UPDF scanner's OCR supports language detection in as many as 17 languages. Other than OCR conversion, UPDF has the following popular features:
- Edit text and images in your PDF files
- Share your PDF files using a URL or as an attachment
- Electronic sign your PDF documents
- Annotate any PDF text present in your PDF documents
- Add shapes, stickers, text box, and other elements
Do you want to try this powerful editing tool? Convert your PDF simple and convenient. Click the download button below to quickly download UPDF.
Now, let’s take a look at how to use UPDF to convert your PDFs using the OCR feature:
Step 1. Open PDF and Click the "Export PDF" icon
After downloading and installing the UPDF on your device, open your PDF file in the UPDF interface. Now, navigate to the top right side of the panel and click on “Export PDF”.
Step 2. Choose Output Format
Now, you will have to select the format that you want to export to. In this case, you might want to convert it to a text or Word document. Click on the text or Word option.
Step 3. Turn On OCR
After selecting the format, a pop-up window will appear. Turn on the OCR function by clicking "Text Recognition Settings" button. Now, you can also select the language and the pages that you want to be used for OCR conversion.
Step 4. Convert PDF to Word/Text
Once, you have selected the preferences, click on the “Export” button. Your PDF file will be converted using an OCR feature.
The above steps are convert PDF with OCR. It's convenient, right？ Now you can download UPDF by clicking the download button below.
How do I OCR in Bluebeam?
To use the OCR feature in Bluebeam, take a look at the 2nd part of this article to understand it step-by-step.
Does Bluebeam standard have OCR?
No, the Bluebeam standard has no OCR function. In other words, Bluebeam Revu eXtreme is the only version that has OCR.
Does Bluebeam Revu have OCR?
Yes, Bluebeam Revu has the OCR feature. The standard version of Bluebeam does not offer the OCR feature.
How do I download OCR from Bluebeam?
Here's how to get the OCR MSI file and put it to use in your computer:
- Quit the Revu.
- Get the MSI file for OCR.
- To install OCR, follow the steps outlined in the Bluebeam Revu 20 Deployment Guide.
- You must wait for the file to install. When the file is successfully installed, the dialogue will close.
- Start Revu when the installation window closes.
How do I make a document searchable in Bluebeam Revu?
Here how Bluebeam make PDF searchable:
- To edit a file, go to the "file" option and select it.
- To convert an image into text, open the file and go to the DOCUMENT menu, where you'll find the OCR submenu.
- A box for setting up the configuration will show up. You can customize the setup to your needs and add files for later usage in this area.
- Simply hit the "OK" button.
- The OCR module examines the pdf file and adds a hidden layer in order to carry out the necessary actions.
- When you're finished, you can put the selection tool (SHIFT+T) and its associated tools to good use.
So, it was all about how to use Bluebeam OCR. However, we recommend you use UPDF OCR feature to convert your PDF files. It has no bugs and uses conveniently. Now you can click the download button to try it out.