In order to convert scanned text and images into editable files, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software is used.
It is common practice for businesses to use this technology to extract data from documents such as ID cards, passports, invoices, and others. Bluebeam OCR is a great example of this. PDFs can now be scanned and converted into searchable data with the help of this text recognition program.
Part 1. A Better Alternative to Bluebeam OCR
You can convert PDF files into 14 other formats with the help of UPDF. In addition, you only need one click to switch between formats, which is really efficient. The converted forms of the original file are quite adaptable to editing. Do you want to try this powerful editing tool? Convert your PDF to other formats simple and convenient. Click the download button below to quickly download UPDF.
By using OCR technology, the UPDF can convert scanned PDF files. The scanned file is in an easily searchable and editable format that may be modified to suit your needs.
The OCR system can also determine the language used in your document. UPDF scanner's OCR supports language detection in as many as 38 languages. Other than OCR conversion, UPDF has the following popular features:
- Edit text, images, and links in your PDF files
- Share your PDF files using a URL or as an attachment
- Electronic sign your PDF documents
- Annotate any PDF text present in your PDF documents
- Add shapes, stickers, text box, and other elements
Now, let's take a look at how to OCR PDFs using UPDF:
Step 1: First, you need to download OCR. As you open the respective PDF document, navigate to the "Recognize Text Using OCR" button on the right.
Step 2: Once installed, close the window and navigate to the same button for accessing the OCR tool across UPDF. As it opens up, it will provide you with two different options of Document Type, which include "Searchable PDF" and "Image-only PDF".
About the "Searchable PDF", you can change the "Layout", "Document Language", "Image Resolution", "Page Range" and "Odd or Even Pages". And the "Image-only PDF", you can change the "Keep Picture", "Page Range" and "Odd or Even Pages". You can adjust these settings according to your needs.
Step 3: When you finish the change, click on "Perform OCR" to perform the actions on the document. Select the folder and you will get a scanned PDF document immediately.
The above steps are OCR PDFs. It's convenient, right? Now you can download UPDF by clicking the download button below.
Part 2. Pros and Cons of Bluebeam OCR
Pros of Bluebeam OCR Text Recognition
1. Real-time Collaboration
Your team will be able to work together on separate projects with less hassle as a result of something like this. Because with this app, you can compile all of the essential data for a given project into a single digital archive.
Bluebeam has simplified the process of sharing the content you produce. You may give specific members of your team access to sensitive documents, and both your top-level management and your regular staff will be able to provide you with updates and reports as needed.
3. Instant PDF Creation
With Bluebeam PDF Revu, you can transform almost any document format into a fillable PDF with annotation capabilities. Digitized pictures, drawings, and documents of all kinds fall under this category.
4. Markup Conversation Mode
Bluebeam PDF's annotation and markup tools provide a convenient method of incorporating team feedback into document creation.
Cons of Bluebeam OCR Text Recognition
1. OCR not displaying in Bluebeam
Although Bluebeam has an OCR tool, it is restricted to Revu eXtreme subscribers. In all other versions, the OCR option, menu, and toolbar will be hidden. You should familiarize yourself with the main benefits of each Bluebeam Revu OCR version before making a purchase.
This is more of a glitch than a real problem, though. When you run Bluebeam text recognition on a batch of scanned PDFs or photos, the program may rotate some of the pages automatically.
Part 3. How to Use Bluebeam OCR Step-by-Step
Not delay any longer; let's learn how to use Bluebeam OCR text recognition to quickly and easily convert PDF files into fully searchable and editable text.
Use Bluebeam to Make Single PDF Searchable with OCR
- Launch Revu eXtreme and then select "File > Open > PDF".
- Then, click "Document > OCR" to bring up the OCR dialogue. Another option is to use the shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+O".
- Select the language to be used for OCR recognition, as well as any other preferences you may have. If you want to extract text from an image, you may do so by selecting the "Detect Text in Pictures and Drawings" option. Page ranges can be specified for OCR scanning.
- The last step is to press "OK" to finish scanning and converting the PDF to Text. Once the procedure is complete, you may use the copied text any way you choose.
Use Bluebeam Revu OCR to Convert PDF to Text in Batch
- In order to open the Batch OCR dialogue box, select "File > Batch > OCR".
- Select the "Add" button to begin loading PDFs from your computer's hard drive or a network location. A PDF file may be opened in Revu by clicking "Add Open Files".
- You may customize your search by choosing a page range and filter options. OCR can be limited to only certain types of pages, such as those that are odd, even, landscape, or portrait.
- Select the language for text recognition in the OCR dialogue box that opens when you click "OK". Finally, click "OK" to start the OCR process.
Part 4. FAQs on Bluebeam OCR
How Do I Use OCR in Bluebeam?
To use the OCR feature in Bluebeam, take a look at the 3rd part of this article to understand it step-by-step.
Does Bluebeam Standard have OCR?
No, the Bluebeam standard has no OCR function. You can use the UPDF OCR feature, it supports 38 languages. It's not only to convert PDFs to editable and searchable PDFs but also can convert them to image-only PDFs.
Does Bluebeam Revu have OCR?
Yes, Bluebeam Revu has the OCR feature. The standard version of Bluebeam does not offer the OCR feature.
How Do I Download OCR from Bluebeam?
Here's how to get the OCR MSI file and put it to use on your computer:
- Quit the Revu.
- Get the MSI file for OCR.
- To install OCR, follow the steps outlined in the Bluebeam Revu 20 Deployment Guide.
- You must wait for the file to install. When the file is successfully installed, the dialogue will close.
- Start Revu when the installation window closes.
How Do I Make a Document Searchable in Bluebeam Revu?
Here is how Bluebeam makes PDF searchable:
- To edit a file, go to the "File" option and select it.
- To convert an image into text, open the file and go to the "Document" menu, where you'll find the OCR submenu.
- A box for setting up the configuration will show up. You can customize the setup to your needs and add files for later usage in this area.
- Simply hit the "OK" button.
- The OCR module examines the pdf file and adds a hidden layer in order to carry out the necessary actions.
- When you're finished, you can put the selection tool (Shift+T) and its associated tools to good use.
So, it was all about how to use Bluebeam OCR. However, we recommend you use the UPDF OCR feature to convert your PDF files. It has no bugs and uses conveniently. Now you can click the download button to try it out.
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today