It is no surprise that users are required to alter the text in their scanned PDF documents every now and then because of the emerging technology or due to the revolutionary trends in a certain field, due to which the data or elements in the PDF require editing. However, editing a PDF document is not an easy task, especially if you are working on scanned PDF documents or images.
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is a groundbreaking technology in which PDF editors can easily work with scanned PDF documents using text recognition features. In this article, we will discuss how to convert any scanned PDF into an editable PDF file using the Foxit OCR feature.
- Part 1: How to Use Foxit OCR Step by Step
- Part 2: Pros and Cons of Foxit OCR/a>
- Part 3: A Better Alternative to Foxit OCR
- Part 4: FAQs on Foxit OCR
Part 1. How to Use Foxit OCR Step by Step
Foxit PDF Editor is one of the most widely used PDF editors due to its compatibility across different devices such as computers, mobile, and web browsers. Foxit PDF Editor offers stunning features such as live sharing and collaboration of PDF files across the internet, protection, and organization of PDF documents.
Besides this, it also offers a Foxit Text Recognition feature that helps users to extract text from a PDF file within seconds from scanned PDF documents. To convert any scanned PDF document into an editable one, follow the simple steps discussed below:
Step 1: Import Scanned PDF
Initiate the process by downloading Foxit PDF Editor on your computer. As soon as Foxit Editor is installed, launch it on your computer and tap on the "Open File" button to import the scanned PDF file. Navigate to the "Home" button and click on the "Convert" tab. It will open up a new window and from the displayed options, select the "Recognize Text" feature.
Step 2: Choose Output Format
Now, select the "Current File" from the drop-down menu of "Recognize Text." Next, select the "Output" option from the settings window. You can choose "Editable Text" to edit the text on PDF, or you can also choose the "Searchable Text Image" to enable the search option on your text.
Step 3: Finish the OCR Procedure
After making the required changes, tap on the "OK" tab to initiate the Foxit OCR process. After a few seconds, you can edit or save the editable PDF document on your computer.
Foxit PDF Editor is a powerful PDF editor which provides a complete solution to PDF users. It provides exceptional features and quick solutions, ensuring that the work flows smoothly for individual and large businesses.
There are prominent pros to choosing Foxit PDF editor for editing and managing PDF files; however, on the other hand, there are also some cons that leave the choice to use Foxit Editor in the hands of the user.
Pros of Foxit PDF Editor
- It provides a quick and powerful performance solution that makes it easier to apply different features to PDF files.
- Foxit PDF Editor allows users to manage and work on multiple PDF documents under batch process at a time, making the task easier and swift. Also, it helps users, especially if they want to cross-check various files at once.
- Foxit Editor offers high-security features to your PDF documents, such as password-protecting your PDF files so that confidential and sensitive data remain safe and intact.
- Foxit PDF Editor also offers numerous sharing options by which users can share files across different platforms, such as SharePoint, OneNote, and Evernote.
Cons of Foxit PDF Editor
- While using Foxit PDF Editor, the performance of the software lags in terms of speed and quality of results when working on large PDF documents, which is a major drawback of Foxit Editor.
- Foxit Editor is a paid software in which users have to buy a monthly or annual subscription to use the editor. Also, its limited trial version doesn't allow users to apply and test the OCR feature. To use the Foxit OCR feature, users must buy a monthly subscription.
- After the trial version ends, the Foxit PDF OCR editor cannot be used, as all of the features are disabled until you buy a subscription.
Being a regular PDF user, you ought to work with the PDF editor, which offers a full-fledged solution that covers all the aspects from the process of PDF editing to converting PDF documents into various popular formats. UPDF is a complete solution that offers the best PDF management solution. It also offers an OCR feature that helps users accurately convert and extract text from the PDF document.
If you are looking for a simple and convenient PDF editing tool, UPDF is the best choice for you. You can download it directly by clicking the download button below.
Key Features of UPDF Minimalist PDF Editor
UPDF has provided its users with the best features, making it a hub of solutions for PDF users. Mentioned below are some of the exceptional features that UPDF offers.
- Add Signatures to your PDF Files: UPDF allows users to add personalized and handwritten signatures to their PDF file using the "Signature Tool." You can also adjust the thickness as well as the color of the signature. At a time, you can save up to four signatures under the signature icon for quick access.
- Comment List Management: Users can also manage comment lists in their PDF documents, which helps immediate access to relevant comments. Also, the unfold feature keeps your PDF neat, and the comments only appear when they are tapped specifically.
- Navigation in PDF Files: For easy access to documents, especially if you are using the PDF file for reading, the "Navigation Tool" is the right call. The different option to access the file, such as navigation to the beginning of the file and the button which refers you to the next page or previous one, makes it an ideal tool for bookworms.
- Conversion of Scanned PDF: UPDF also allows users to convert scanned PDF documents or PDF images into an editable and searchable format using the OCR feature. By the text recognition feature, the OCR feature converts the non-editable text into editable one.
Steps to Convert a Scanned PDF with UPDF OCR Feature
To enable OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on your PDF files using the UPDF, follow the steps described below:
Step 1: Open Scanned PDF File
After downloading and opening the UPDF application on your computer, tap on the "Open File" button at the center of the display to browse the scanned PDF on your device.
Step 2: Choose the Output Option
After importing the document on UPDF, refer to "Export" option and click on it. Following the Export mode, a new small window with various output options will appear on your screen. You have to select the output format of the file from the given option, such as Word.
Step 3: Apply OCR Feature
Apply the OCR feature on the PDF file by turning on "Text Recognition Settings." Also, make sure to select the language of your scanned PDF document from the given list by clicking on "Document Language."
Step 4: Initiate Conversion Process
As soon as you click on "Export," your file will be opened in the selected output format. From there, you can start making the required changes in your file and save the changes as soon as you are done.
The above are the steps to convert a scanned PDF to another format using UPDF. It's simple so can you. You can download it by clicking the download button below for a trial.
1. Does Foxit Reader have OCR feature?
No, the OCR feature is not available across Foxit Reader. However, the OCR feature is available on Foxit PDF Editor.
2. What does OCR mean in Foxit?
OCR feature, or Optical Character Recognition, is a technology that allows users to convert scanned PDF documents or images into editable PDF files.
3. How do I OCR a document in Foxit?
You can apply the OCR feature in Foxit PDF Editor by clicking on the "Home" button. Click on "Convert" from the given options. Follow it up by enabling the OCR feature on the import file on the Foxit Editor. To edit the text in a scanned PDF document, click on "Editable Text." As soon as you are done making changes in the PDF document, click on "OK" to save the changes.
4. Does Foxit Phantom have OCR?
Yes, the OCR feature is available in Foxit Phantom PDF Editor. However, there is no Foxit Reader OCR feature.
PDF documents are essential elements of business these days, and to make edits in a scanned PDF file, the Foxit OCR feature is important as users are required to make changes in scanned PDF documents once in a while.
As discussed above, there are various methods to make your file editable using the OCR feature, but the best choice is to use UPDF, an all-in-one PDF solution. Download UPDF today to oversee and manage your PDF documents professionally.