It is no surprise that users are required to alter the text in their scanned PDF documents every now and then because of emerging technology or due to the revolutionary trends in a certain field, which the data or elements in the PDF require editing. However, editing a PDF document is not an easy task, especially if you are working on scanned PDF documents or images.
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is a groundbreaking technology in which PDF editors can easily work with scanned PDF documents using text recognition features. In this article, we will discuss how to convert any scanned PDF into an editable PDF file using the Foxit OCR feature.
Part 1. A Better Alternative to Foxit OCR
Being a regular PDF user, you ought to work with the PDF editor, which offers a full-fledged solution that covers all the aspects from the process of PDF editing to converting PDF documents into various popular formats. UPDF is a complete solution that offers the best PDF management solution. It also offers an OCR feature that helps users accurately convert and extract text from the PDF document.
If you are looking for a simple and convenient PDF editing tool, UPDF is the best choice for you. You can download it directly by clicking the download button below.
Key Features of UPDF Minimalist PDF Editor
UPDF has provided its users with the best features, making it a hub of solutions for PDF users. Mentioned below are some of the exceptional features that UPDF offers.
- Create Signatures to your PDF Files: UPDF allows users to create personalized and handwritten signatures to their PDF file using the "Signature" tool. You can also adjust the thickness as well as the color of the signature. At a time, you can save up to four signatures under the signature icon for quick access.
- Comment List Management: Users can also manage comment lists in their PDF documents, which helps immediate access to relevant comments. Also, the unfold feature keeps your PDF neat, and the comments only appear when they are tapped specifically.
- Navigation in PDF Files: For easy access to documents, especially if you are using the PDF file for reading, the navigation tool is the right call. The different option to access the file, such as navigation to the beginning of the file and the button which refers you to the next page or previous one, makes it an ideal tool for bookworms.
- Conversion of Scanned PDF: UPDF also allows users to convert scanned PDF documents or PDF images into an editable and searchable format using the OCR feature. By the OCR feature converts the non-editable text into editable one.
Steps to OCR PDFs Using UPDF
To enable OCR on your PDF files using the UPDF, follow the steps described below:
Step 1: After downloading and opening the UPDF application on your computer, tap on the "Open File" button at the center of the display to browse the scanned PDF on your device.
Step 2: You need to download OCR. As you open the respective document, navigate to the "Recognize Text Using OCR" button on the right.
Step 3: Once installed, close the window and navigate to the same button for accessing the OCR tool across UPDF. You can change the "Layout", "Document Language", "Image Resolution", "Page Range" and "Odd or Even Pages". For more layout settings, you can click the Gear icon for extensions. And the "Image-only PDF", you can change the "Keep Picture", "Page Range" and "Odd or Even Pages". You can adjust these according to your needs.
Step 4: When you finish the change, click on "Perform OCR" to perform the actions on the document. Select the folder to save your PDF files in the specific destination.
The above are the steps to OCR PDFs using UPDF. It's simple for you. You can download it by clicking the download button below for a trial.
Part 2. Pros and Cons of Foxit OCR
Foxit PDF Editor is a powerful PDF editor which provides a complete solution for PDF users. It provides exceptional features and quick solutions, ensuring that the work flows smoothly for individual and large businesses.
There are prominent pros to choosing Foxit PDF Editor for editing and managing PDF files; however, on the other hand, there are also some inevitable cons that leave the choice to use Foxit Editor in the hands of the user.
Pros of Foxit PDF Editor
- It provides a quick and powerful performance solution that makes it easier to apply different features to PDF files.
- Foxit PDF Editor allows users to manage and work on multiple PDF documents under batch process at a time, making the task easier and swift. Also, it helps users, especially if they want to cross-check various files at once.
- Foxit Editor offers high-security features to your PDF documents, such as password-protecting your PDF files so that confidential and sensitive data remain safe and intact.
- Foxit PDF Editor also offers numerous sharing options by which users can share files across different platforms, such as SharePoint, OneNote, and Evernote.
Cons of Foxit PDF Editor
- While using Foxit PDF Editor, the performance of the software lags in terms of speed and quality of results when working on large PDF documents, which is a major drawback of Foxit Editor.
- Foxit Editor is a paid software in which users have to buy a monthly or annual subscription to use the editor. Also, its limited trial version doesn't allow users to apply and test the OCR feature. To use the Foxit OCR feature, users must buy a monthly subscription.
- After the trial version ends, the Foxit PDF OCR editor cannot be used, as all of the features are disabled until you buy a subscription.
Part 3. How to Use Foxit OCR Step by Step
Foxit PDF Editor is one of the most widely used PDF editors due to its compatibility across different devices such as computers, mobile, and web browsers. Foxit PDF Editor offers stunning features such as live sharing and collaboration of PDF files across the internet, protection, and organization of PDF documents.
Besides this, it also offers a Foxit Text Recognition feature that helps users to extract text from a PDF file within seconds from scanned PDF documents. To convert any scanned PDF document into an editable one, follow the simple steps discussed below:
Step 1: Import Scanned PDF
Initiate the process by downloading Foxit PDF Editor on your computer. As soon as Foxit Editor is installed, launch it on your computer and tap on the "Open File" button to import the scanned PDF file. Navigate to the "Home" button and click on the "Convert" tab. It will open up a new window and from the displayed options, select the "Recognize Text" feature.
Step 2: Choose Output Format
Now, select the "Current File" from the drop-down menu of "Recognize Text." Next, select the "Output" option from the settings window. You can choose "Editable Text" to edit the text on PDF, or you can also choose the "Searchable Text Image" to enable the search option on your text.
Step 3: Finish the OCR Procedure
After making the required changes, tap on the "OK" tab to initiate the Foxit OCR process. After a few seconds, you can edit or save the editable PDF document on your computer.
Part 4. FAQs on Foxit OCR
1. Does Foxit Reader Have OCR Feature?
No, the OCR feature is not available across Foxit Reader. However, the OCR feature is available on Foxit PDF Editor, you need to pay for it after the free trial. So we would recommand UPDF for you, there is no limitation on using OCR, which is definitely worth a try.
2. What Does OCR Mean?
OCR feature, or Optical Character Recognition, is a technology that allows users to convert scanned PDF documents or images into editable PDF files.
PDF documents are essential elements of business these days, and to make edits in a scanned PDF file, the OCR feature is important as users are required to make changes in scanned PDF documents once in a while.
As discussed above, there are various methods to make your file editable using the OCR feature, the Foxit Reader may help you a little bit, but the best choice is to use UPDF, an all-in-one PDF solution which could deal with all the PDF-related problems. Download UPDF today to oversee and manage your PDF documents professionally.
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs
- Top 4 PowerPoint Alternatives in 2023
- How to Create a Poster in PowerPoint