Overcoming language barriers has become increasingly important in today's globalized era. Since images involve non-editable text, you need to put extra effort into translating them. So, if you have captured/received an image with English text and want to translate it into Hindi or Urdu, this guide is for you. Here, you will learn how to translate English image to Hindi quickly and efficiently. So, let's get started!
Part 1. Can I Take a Picture of English and Translate to Hindi or Urdu?
Yes, you can take a picture of English text and translate it into Hindi/Urdu. UPDF is a powerful image translator tool that supports translating English text on an image to Hindi and Hindi image to English.
UPDF intelligently extracts the text from the image using OCR and then allows you to translate it into Hindi, Urdu, or any other language. The next part talks in detail about UPDF and the steps you have to follow.
Part 2. How Can I Translate an English Image to Hindi?
There are two main steps to translating an English image to Hindi. First, the tool should detect and extract text from the image through OCR (optical character recognition). Afterward, the tool should be able to translate the extracted text into Hindi. It looks complicated, but you can do it in less than a minute with UPDF.
UPDF is the most powerful and advanced image translator tool that offers a click-based approach to translate English image to Urdu or Hindi. Why we emphasize UPDF to translate images is due to its AI-powered features.
UPDF's OCR feature can intelligently extract text from an image and convert it into an editable file. Afterward, its AI translator (UPDF AI) can proficiently translate text from English to Hindi or Urdu.
Let's now take a closer look at UPDF's main features:
- Capture and translate English images from various image formats, such as JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, and more.
- AI-driven OCR can detect all text from an image regardless of image quality.
- The OCR process not only extracts text but also makes the text on images searchable and file editable.
- AI translate feature can convert English text into Hindi/Urdu with high accuracy.
- The AI feature can also do error checking.
- Translate multiple images at once.
- Click-based interface with no learning curve.
Other than performing translation from English to Hindi, UPDF can translate in any language, such as English, Hindi, Chinese, Japanese, German, Dutch, Danish, French, and more. In short, it is the ultimate image translator tool for almost all kinds of translations.
Don't just believe our words! Download UPDF now and test its image translation capabilities yourself.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Steps to Translate English Image to Hindi with UPDF
Step 1. Download and install UPDF on the Windows/Mac computer. Launch the tool and click File > Create > PDF to Image. Upload the English text image you want to translate.
Step 2. Click the "OCR" option from the top right corner. Specify the OCR language and other settings and then click "Perform OCR". After OCR, the image file will become an editable PDF file.
Step 3. Now, you have to use its AI translator to translate the text. For that, click the "UPDF AI" icon from the bottom right corner.
Step 4. Click "Get Started" in the AI chatbot to make it analyze the OCR-converted document.
Step 5. Select the text you want to translate and write the below prompt in the chat box: "Translate this text in Hindi: [Paste the copied text]".
Hit "Enter" to get the translation. You can change the command from "Hindi" to "Urdu" to translate English image to Urdu.
That's it! This way, you can use UPDF's intelligent OCR and powerful AI feature to translate English image to Hindi/Urdu accurately.
UPDF's interface may give you a hint that it can do a lot more than just translate images. If you are also thinking so, then "yes", UPDF has many other top-notch features to offer. Read Part 4 to learn what else UPDF brings to the table.
Part 3. Other Options for Translating English Images to Hindi
If you search about how to translate or convert English image to Hindi on the web, you will come up with many other options to translate. So, let's now talk about two of those options to translate English image to Urdu or Hindi:
1. Translate English Image to Hindi with Yandex Translate
Yandex Translate is an online translation tool. It lets you upload the English image file and download the translated Hindi image file. It also allows you to copy the translated text.
Follow the below steps to learn how to convert English to Hindi image with Yandex Translate:
- Go to the Yandex Translate website and specify the language from English to Hindi.
- Upload the English image file. The tool will instantly begin translation.
- Once the translation is completed, read the Hindi translation, download the file, or copy the text by tapping "Open as text".
Although Yandex Translate looks simple to use, it does come with some limitations/cons, as follows:
- 5 MB file size limit
- Inaccurate translations occasionally
- Fail to translate a complex image
- Translation accuracy dependent on image quality
- Can translate one image at a time
- Require internet connection
Overall, Yandex Translate is suitable if you have a clear and small-sized English image to translate.
2. Convert English to Hindi Image with Google Translate
Google Translate is widely used for translating text into any language. However, it also supports translating text in images to another language. So, follow the below steps to translate English image to Urdu/Hindi or Hindi image to English translation with Google Translate:
- Go to the Google Translate website, select the image translation tab, and specify the translation language from English to Hindi.
- Upload the image to translate.
- Once the translation is completed, download the image or copy the translated text.
This way, Google Translate helps to instantly translate English images to Hindi. However, it also comes with a few limits/cons, as follows:
- Only supports JPG, JPEG, and PNG file types.
- Limited context that may not correctly capture the tone of longer sentences.
- Character limit for text to translate.
- Struggle to translate images with complex layouts.
- Can misinterpret some phrases.
- Show internet connection error despite stable internet.
- Unable to translate large text in image.
In short, Google Translate can or cannot translate image and mainly depends on the image quality and text to translate.
Compared to both Yandex Translate and Google Translate, UPDF dominates as the better choice. Its state-of-the-art OCR feature can detect text regardless of image complexity, while its AI translator ensures accurate translation. Therefore, if you want an error-less translation experience, download and purchase UPDF and start translating effortlessly.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
UPDF is a full-fledged PDF editor, annotator, and converter tool. It offers a wide range of AI-driven PDF solutions, making it an all-in-one app to handle PDFs.
To better understand about UPDF capabilities, take a quick look at all its key features:
- UPDF AI: Its AI chatbot can summarize, explain, question-answer, and rewrite document content.
- Edit PDF: It can add/remove/edit text, images, and links in a PDF.
- Create or Convert PDF: It can create or convert PDF from or to other formats, such as Word, PPT, Excel, image, text, and more.
- Annotate PDF: It can highlight, mark, draw, underline, add stickers/stamps, and do other annotations.
- Secure PDFs: It can redact or password-protect PDFs.
- Organize PDF Pages: It can add, replace, rotate, split, rearrange, and extract PDF pages.
- Batch Process: It can combine, convert, insert, encrypt, and print multiple PDFs and images at once.
- Fill & Sign PDF: It provides an intuitive way to create or fill PDF forms and sign forms.
- Compatibility: Its single account provides access to its Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android applications.
In a nutshell, UPDF is the most complete and modernized tool to handle PDFs and translate images without requiring any additional tools. This makes it a must-have tool on your computer and smartphone. So, hit the download button below and get UPDF right away.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Knowing how to translate images has become vital, especially when traveling to other countries or interacting with clients/stakeholders from other countries. Therefore, this guide talked in detail about one of the popular questions, i.e., how to translate English image to Hindi or Urdu. As evident from the above discussion, UPDF shines as the best tool to translate almost any language image to any other language due to its exceptional OCR and AI features. To conclude, you should download UPDF to easily fulfill translation and other PDF editing needs whenever required.