Whether you are a student who takes notes in class or a businessman who takes notes during meetings, you will use a notebook to take them with your pen most of the time. However, it is not easy to rewrite, store and share notes. That is why so many users search around to find solutions for how to convert handwriting to text.
To help you get proper solutions quickly, we list the top 4 ways here including UPDF, Online OCR, GoodNotes, and Evernote. Go ahead and follow the guide.
Part 1. How to Convert Handwriting to Text Using UPDF OCR (Win and Mac)
UPDF for Windows and Mac has an OCR feature that can convert handwriting to text on Windows and Mac. It also offers other advanced features like editing, converting, password protecting, sharing, etc. UPDF is a one-stop program in which users can achieve perfection in their PDF documents. UPDF has many useful functions waiting for you to discover. You can click the download button below for a trial.
Top Features of UPDF Handwriting to Text Converter
Being a robust and innovative PDF editor, UPDF offers all-in-one solutions for users by providing efficient features.
- OCR feature (Optical Character Recognition): UPDF OCR can help convert any scanned, image-based, handwritten PDF into editable PDFs.
- PDF editing and Creating: Using UPDF, users can easily edit, add, delete, and replace text, images, and links in the PDF file. Moreover, you can also create PDFs from blank, images, word, excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Facile Reading Experience: UPDF is the best PDF reader tool available on the market. Its features can make the reading process facile with the "Navigation" toolbar. It allows users to jump from one page to another quickly, or jump to the end or the beginning of the PDF with one simple click. The most interesting feature is SlideShow. You can play the PDF like playing PowerPoint. That is awesome if you have one PDF format presentation.
- PDF Converting: With the conversion feature, users can convert PDFs into popular formats like Word, Excel, PPT, CSV and etc with one click. It also enables batch conversion, which refers to converting a number of files into different file formats simultaneously.
- Quick PDF Pages Organization: You can quickly rearrange, insert, replace, extract, crop, rotate, and delete pages in PDF.
Converting Handwriting to Text Using UPDF OCR
If you have a Notebook with handwriting, you can take pictures or scan them, then, use UPDF creating and OCR features to convert them to text.
Step 1. Create PDF from Handwriting
First of all, use your phone camera to take pictures or use the scanner to scan handwriting. Then, transfer all your handwriting files to your computer.
Now, you need to make sure you download UPDF on your Windows or Mac. Double-click on the icon on your computer to launch it, and select "File" > "Create" > "PDF from Image" to choose a handwriting image or scanned file to create a PDF.
Step 2: Choose OCR Feature
Proceed to the "Recognize Text Using OCR" function on the right panel. Next, go through the "Layout" settings and select "Text and pictures only", "Text over the page image" or "Text under the page images" in the list.
Step 3: Defining the Document Language
Once done, select the language in the "Document Language" list that will help the OCR in recognition. You can also define the "Image Resolution" with any of the options in the list. For uncertainty, you can select "Detect Optimal Resolution" and continue.
Step 4: Apply OCR and Turn Handwriting to Editable Text
Click on the "Perform OCR" button for the execution of the process. Before it is converted, it asks you the location for the converted document and will execute the task after it is specified. Now you convert scanned handwriting to text or image-based handwriting to text successfully.
You can now edit the handwritten PDF directly with UPDF. Enter edit mode, select any text you need to modify, and you can edit all the content freely like you are on a word processor. Or you can click "Export PDF" and choose "Text" to convert PDF to text.
Part 2. How to Convert Handwriting to Text Online OCR? (Online)
Online OCR is a great online handwriting-to-text converter. It also allows users to convert handwritten notes into text, which saves a lot of time and provides exact and accurate conversion results. The best feature offered by Online OCR is that it provides high security to your PDF documents by deleting the PDF from the servers after conversion. Follow the steps below to convert scanned handwriting to text using the Online OCR free conversion tool:
Step 1: The first step is to search the Online OCR tool on your browser. Upload scanned handwritten PDF files with a size of less than 15 MB by clicking on the "Select File" button.
Step 2: After uploading the file, select the "Language" and "Output Format" of the handwritten PDF file from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: After selecting the language and output format of the scanned PDF, click on the "Convert" button to initiate the conversion process. It will take a few seconds and as soon as your scanned PDF is converted, download it on your computer by clicking "Download Output Format."
Part 3. How to Convert Handwriting to Text in GoodNotes? (Mac and iOS)
GoodNotes is a good handwriting-to-text app and digital note-taking app compatible with MacBook, iPhone, and iPad. To convert handwritten notes into text with GoodNotes, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Open Good Notes on your MacBook and import scanned handwritten notes by clicking on the "New" button and follow it up by clicking on "Import." Now, select the handwritten document from Mac and import it to Good Notes.
Step 2: After importing a handwritten document, click on "Lasso Tool" from the toolbar. Mark the area of handwritten notes you want to convert into text. Follow it up by clicking on "Selection" and navigating to "Convert" to initiate the conversion.
Step 3: As soon as you click on convert, navigate to the "Share" button on the top right corner and follow it up by tapping on "Copy." To paste the converted handwritten note into text, long press on the screen, and your handwritten notes will be converted into text.
Part 4. How to Convert Handwriting to Text with Evernote (Win, Mac, iOS, and Android)
Evernote is a renowned note-taking application compatible with almost all OS and devices. It has an OCR feature that can help users convert handwritten notes to text. It also offers many other features to its user, such as adding notes, adding handwritten notes, voice notes, images, and screenshots to make notes catchy and productive. You can follow the steps mentioned to convert any handwriting into text using the OCR feature offered by Evernote:
Step 1: Download the Evernote application on your MacBook or Windows and launch it. After launching the application, import the handwritten notes on Evernote by clicking on "File" and follow it up by clicking on the "Import" option. Browse the Handwritten notes from your device and click on "Open."
Step 2: After importing the scanned handwritten notes, search for a text in the search bar to enable the OCR feature on handwritten notes.
Step 3: Once the search result is displayed on the screen, all the selected handwritten notes will be converted into digital text.
Part 5. FAQs on Handwriting to Text
1. What is the best handwriting-to-text converter?
UPDF is the best handwriting-to-text converter as it can help you convert handwriting to text easily with an intuitive interface. Moreover, you are allowed to edit, store and share the text directly on UPDF.
2. Can OneNote Convert Handwriting to Text?
Yes. OneNote can convert handwriting to text. You only need to upload handwriting to OneNote, tap "Draw" > "Lasso Select", draw to select all handwritten contents, then, choose "Ink to Text" to convert handwriting to text.
3. How do you digitize handwriting?
UPDF for IOS offers a function - "Scan to PDF", you can scan the handwriting to a PDF file which makes handwriting digitalized. If you want to edit further, UPDF for Windows and Mac can process OCR recognition and editing.
There are various methods and applications discussed in the article by which you can easily convert handwriting notes to text. Suppose you are someone who is looking out for the best method to convert handwritten notes regularly into text. In that case, it is better to opt for the application which offers quick, simple, and accurate conversion of scanned or image-based handwritten notes. Then, UPDF is the best solution. Install this robust PDF editor today and manage your files on the go.
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint