If you have ever tried it, you probably know how hard it can be to edit the text on a PDF document. Without the correct editing tool, you may find that it is even impossible. But there are some PDF Text editors in the market that are designed for this specific purpose. The problem is that many of them can be expensive and out of reach for many.
Here, we will look at some of the best PDF text editors that you can use. This is a comprehensive summary of the tools in the market and contains free and affordable solutions for the discerning user.
Top 5 PDF Text Editor - The First One is Free
1. UPDF - The Real Free PDF Text Editor
UPDF is the best PDF text editor in the game. It is a new addition to the market, so you may not have heard of it, but this free tool breathes new life into the often boring and complicated process of editing a PDF. It is completely free to use, yet it has some of the most powerful PDF editing capabilities, some of which you may not even find on the most expensive editors.
The simple, yet highly intuitive user interface that you will find on UPDF makes it very easy to edit text on the document. You can add new text, remove the existing text or even change the font color, style, and size of the existing text. And it is not just a text editor. UPDF comes with additional features that give you complete control over the PDF creation and editing process.
- It has the best performance of any PDF text editor in the market.
- Edit the text in PDF easily: add text in PDF, modify text in PDF, and change the font, font size, and color of the text in PDF.
- Edit the image in PDF. You can crop, rotate, extract, cut, copy, and replace images in PDF.
- Smooth PDF reading experience with multiple reading modes.
- Fast navigation tools and bookmark tools to help you view PDF files fast.
- Great annotation tools to help you add text-decoration, highlights, stamps, text boxes, etc.
- Manage PDF pages with the best PDF organizer and you can rotate, extract, and delete pages in PDF.
- It is 100% free. You will never have to pay to use UPDF.
- A simple and elegant user interface makes it easy to edit PDF text and images.
- It supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
You cannot talk about PDF text editors without Adobe Acrobat being a major part of the conversation. Although it is perhaps the most expensive PDF editor on the market, this is a tool that is specifically designed to help you create and edit PDFs in Adobe Acrobat and it has all the bells and whistles to help you do that.
It allows you to add text to an existing PDF document, create a new document from scratch, remove text from the document and even change the general makeup of the text including the font color and style.
- The tabbed interface makes it very easily navigable
- It has comprehensive and very effective editing features
- It offers advanced features such as signatures, OCR, and additional security features
- Some users have found Adobe Acrobat difficult to use
- It is very expensive
3. Nitro Pro 12
If you are looking for a PDF text editor for a project that you are working on with others, Nitro Pro 12 is a good choice. It has all the PDF editing features that you would need to create and edit PDF documents with ease, along with additional collaborative features that can help a team working on the same document remotely. Considering how important remote working can be, it is little wonder Nitro Pro 12 is so popular.
When it comes to PDF text editing, it has all the necessary features to help you do that. You can create a document from scratch and add text to it. But you can also easily add new text to an existing document, remove text and even change the text in significant ways.
- An MS Word Ribbon style interface makes document editing very easy
- It fully integrates with Nitro Cloud to facilitate collaborative projects
- Additional features such as document conversion are also available.
- Although it has a free version, you need to purchase a subscription to access all features
4. PDF Candy
PDF Candy is another completely free-to-use solution that can help you edit the text on your PDF document. It has numerous different tools that can help you create, convert and edit both the text and images on the PDF document.
Although completely free, this PDF file text editor also comes with some features that you are unlikely to find on a free program including batch file conversion, OCR, and signature capabilities.
- It has many advanced features that are all available for free
- OCR capabilities allow you to edit image-rich and scanned PDFs
- It has a simple user interface that makes text editing simple ad straightforward.
- The free version limits you to one task every hour
- All tools are available as different interfaces, which can be exhausting
5. Soda PDF
Soda PDF presents a very user-oriented approach to PDF text editing. To begin with, you can choose to use the online version of the program, allowing you to edit a PDF without having to install any programs on your computer.
It also has one of the best user interfaces in the business. The whole layout is so easy to use, it allows you to quickly find the editing tool that you need. You can create and edit PDF documents very quickly and make changes to both the images and text on the document.
- It is very easy to use
- You can access the entire program online
- It comes with additional features including OCR, signature, and security features
- It can also be used to convert PDFs to other formats
- It is only available for Windows. There is no Mac version
- Some features are only available on the premium version
With the tools above, you can very easily edit the text on your PDF document in the various ways stated. Each tool has its strengths and the one you choose will depend on the extent of your editing project. UPDF does however have the necessary tools and features to suit any project and it is completely free.
- UPDF User Guide for Android
- How UPDF Help Students Improve the Productivity of Reading PDF Books?
- How Teachers can Improve the Productivity of Reviewing PDF Papers?
- Most Common PDF File Errors and Solutions
- Add Watermark
- Add Link
- Add Bookmark
- Why Use PDF File Instead of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Files
- Everything about 8 Types of PDF Standards
- 7 Methods to Add Watermark to PDF Rapidly