The Adobe Acrobat 'how to edit PDF' process is fairly simple, but many users find the Acrobat interface itself to be daunting. Loaded with features and complex settings, Acrobat DC and Pro DC are true professional PDF editors. But instead of learning how to edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat, how about trying to achieve the same results for free with another advanced PDF editor? Sounds intriguing, doesn't it? Let's learn more.
You may already know how to edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or the standard DC version. Regardless, nearly everything you can do in Acrobat can be done on UPDF a new and free premium PDF editor - the first of its kind and undoubtedly an upcoming rival to major PDF editors on the market.
Boasting a full suite of PDF tools for PDF editing, PDF annotation, PDF reader, etc. UPDF provides the complete palette of PDF tools required to optimize business document workflows, enhance teacher-student communication, and serve as a personal document assistant to you.
- Full-fledged PDF editing - Add, modify, and delete text, images, etc.
- PDF Annotations - Review, comment, highlight, add shapes, etc.
- Read and View PDFs - Use UPDF as a PDF reader with its superior reading experience, easy page navigation, bookmarking tools, and more.
- Organize PDF - Merge or split PDFs, organize pages, extract content, etc.
Upcoming features of UPDF
- Protect and Sign PDF Documents - Lock PDF files with passwords and security restrictions, sign with digital or handwritten signatures, etc.
- Create and Fill PDF Forms - Easily create new forms with custom and standard form fields, and fill and sign PDF forms conveniently on Windows and Mac.
- OCR - Advanced text recognition to convert scanned or image-based PDFs to editable PDF files.
- File Conversion - Convert PDF to numerous other formats such as Word, HTML, JPG, etc.
- Print and Share - Send documents for custom printing or share securely online with collaborators.
- UPDF is free, which means it is infinitely more attractive than Acrobat, for which you need an expensive subscription or even more extravagant perpetual license.
- UPDF matches Adobe Acrobat feature for feature in large measure - all the important tools such as editing, annotating, organizing, etc. are available in UPDF.
- UPDF is fast and intuitive, while Acrobat is often clunky and unwieldy, especially when working with large PDF files or doing complex edits.
Step 1: Enter Edit Mode
The first step after opening a document in UPDF is to enter edit mode. Do this by clicking the "Edit" tab in the menu bar on top
Step 2: Edit Text
While in editing mode, you can select any text block, after which you'll see a blue border surrounding it
Edit any text inside the box and control its parameters in the new editing toolbar that you see
Step 3: Add Text [Optional]
In the editing toolbar, there are two text insertion options - the first is normal text and the second is for text templates for more stylish and colorful fonts - click one option
Click the document to add text and then insert/type the text into the text box
You can now resize or reposition the text using the text box border handles
Step 4: Edit Images
Select an image to see the editing options
Choose an option - Replace, rotate, extract, copy, delete, and crop
There's no doubt that the Acrobat family of PDF editors from Adobe are powerful utilities for business, academia, and personal use. The list of features that have been added since the product was launched nearly 30 years ago in 1993 is certainly impressive. As such, it's important to know how to edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat as a very basic feature but equally crucial to know what else it can do. Here's a selection of basic and advanced PDF actions that can be performed with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:
- Multi-platform Access: This feature wasn't introduced until Document Cloud was launched in 2013. It allows users to access cloud-saved documents on desktop, mobile, and web for commenting and collaboration.
- Track signing status and activity: Track the status of documents that you've sent to others for electronic or digital signing.
- Touchbar support for MacBook Pro devices
- Create and export PDF documents in the mobile version
- Microsoft 365 integration to create PDFs and use other features
- Text and image editing on mobile
- Page organization on Android and iOS devices
While Adobe Acrobat still remains the leader of PDF editors, there is an emerging crop of premium PDF editors to perform many of the same functions but which are available at lower price points. However, UPDF is the first premium PDF editor to be offered for free, capably matching up to Adobe's richest of features on a clean and intuitive interface that's easy to navigate and a pleasure to use. Try UPDF to see why it's breaking the rules of the traditional software product sales model by offering premium features absolutely free. You can download the Windows or Mac version to see why it is a groundbreaking application in the PDF editor space.
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF