A watermark is a semi-transparent picture that typically includes a logo or seal to identify the creator of a document or image.
Watermarks can also be used to protect confidential information. If you want to add a watermark to a PDF file, you can either add the watermark directly into the PDF or create a file in a PDF watermark creator and then utilize it in a PDF.
Let's take a look at 7 different methods of how to add a watermark to a PDF.
Way 1. How to Add a Watermark to PDF with UPDF
It's easy to edit PDF files with UPDF, a simple and fast PDF editor. Not only is it a tool for editing PDF files, but it's also a one-stop shop for all your PDF wants. All of your PDF files can be edited, annotated, organized, and signed in one place.
It allows you to add a watermark to your files so that you can ensure that your PDFs are being used in a legal manner. If you are interested in it, you can download UPDF directly by clicking the download button below.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Now, let's see how to insert a watermark in PDF using UPDF:
Step 1. Enter Watermark Mode to Put Watermark on PDF
To get started, you'll need to download and install the UPDF application on your computer. Now, open UPDF on your computer. Use the UPDF software to open your PDF file. Click the "Page Tools" option at the left of the screen.
After clicking on the "Watermark" option, a window will appear on the right. Click on the "Add" button in the window.
Step 2. Settings of the Watermark
Now you can create the watermark. You can add text, an image, or a PDF file as a watermark by selecting the types. Additionally, you have control over the watermark's ratio, opacity, scaling, and rotation when applying a watermark to it.
To save your work after applying a watermark, simply click the "Save" button.
Above are the steps to add a watermark to PDF using UPDF. You can download it for a trial.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Why Choose UPDF
This is UPDF. Following other applications can also add a watermark to PDF. But most of them cost more and look more complicated. Compared to online websites, UPDF is safer and more stable. You can add a watermark without the internet. UPDF is software with beautiful pages and simple and convenient operations. Unlike Adobe, Foxit, and Soda, the tools are arranged together and look confusing. If you are looking for a tool to add a watermark, UPDF is the best choice for you. Discover the full potential of UPDF. Upgrade to Pro and transform your document experience!
Video Tutorial on How to Add and Remove Watermark in PDF on Windows
iLovePDF is an online PDF editing tool that allows you to add watermarks in PDF online. Here is how to add a watermark to PDF files using iLovePDF:
- Enter the iLovePDF watermark tool into your web browser.
- To upload PDF files, click on "Select PDF file".
- Customize the watermark by selecting the text or image that you want to use.
- To begin the watermarking process, click on the "Add watermark" button.
- You can save the watermarked PDF files to your local storage.
Because of its extensive functionality, Adobe Acrobat is the most widely used PDF software. To name a few features, Adobe Acrobat lets you do everything from editing PDFs to securing them from being printed or shared with others.
To watermark a PDF document, follow these simple instructions from Adobe Acrobat.
- Use Adobe Acrobat to open your PDF file.
- On the main window, select "Tools" and then "Edit PDF".
- Add a watermark by selecting "Add" after clicking on "Watermark".
- This is the time to choose the watermark for your PDF document. It's as simple as going to the "Saved Settings" option and choosing the desired watermark. In order to add a text watermark, select "Text" and type in your intended text. As a watermark, you can select a picture by clicking "File" then "Browse," and then select the desired file.
- After selecting the watermark choices you want, click the "OK" button to exit the "Add Watermark" dialog box.
Way 4. How to Put a Watermark on PDF with Foxit
Foxit also allows you to add a watermark to your PDF file. Just follow these instructions to add a new watermark:
- Select "Organize > Watermark > Add" from the Organize menu to add a watermark to a document.
- In the "Add Watermark" dialog box, you can customize the watermark.
- Choose a font, size, and color, or upload a file from your computer using the "Browse" option to place the text as the background. One of the pages can be selected if the file has many pages.
- Choose the degree of rotation and the opacity to customize the look. In addition, you may specify whether or not you want the scale to be relative to the destination page. Select "Appearance Options" to control when the watermark will appear. If you select "appear behind the page," some of the watermarks will be obstructed by the page content. The watermark will hide some content if you select "appear at the top of the page," but you may change the opacity of the watermark to make it more visible.
- In order to save your current preferences as a profile that can be applied to other documents, click "Save Settings" at the top of the dialog box.
- To activate it, simply press the "OK" button.
It is possible to edit PDF files on your computer, tablet, or smartphone using the superb Soda PDF editor. As a result, they only keep each file on the server for 24 hours to prevent any illegal access. Here is how to add a watermark to PDF online:
- Go to Soda PDF online watermark tool.
- It's possible to upload a PDF file from your computer or a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox, and then choose it. Or drag and drop is also an option for uploading files.
- Set a watermark for your pages. On this page, you'll find three settings boxes. The font, size, rotation, opacity, and position on the page are all options for customizing your watermark. In addition, you have the option of deciding where your watermark will show. Click the "ADD WATERMARK" button when you've done so.
With the PDF-XChange Editor, you have complete control over watermark design and placement.
- Adding watermarks is as simple as going to the Organize tab and selecting "Watermarks > Add".
- Click "OK" once you've made your desired changes to the watermark settings.
Here is how to add a watermark to PDF on Linux:
- Sign up for a free account on the pdfFiller website.
- Add a watermark to a PDF file by using the "Select from device" button or by dragging and dropping the file.
- You may either write in. You may customize the watermark's appearance by adjusting its opacity and orientation.
- Simply click the "Close" option and then "DONE" the newly created PDF file to your computer.
Why and When You Should Add Watermark to PDF
The widespread use of PDF has made life easier for many, but it has also created plenty of new issues for those who depend on it. The copyrights of PDF documents are challenging to secure because of the ease with which they may be copied and shared. To get over these issues, you may use watermarks right now! Here are some functions of watermark:
Security and confidentiality
There is nothing like adding a distinguishing stamp to a document to remind readers of its ownership, which protects your work from being used for commercial purposes, in the Internet era when your production spreads at unbelievable rates and is copied by millions.
Keeping track of all of your files
There are times when it might be difficult to determine which version of a document you require at the time. A draft watermark, on the other hand, can help you rapidly identify any issues with your initial edition.
It's up to you what you include in the paper you distribute to others. By doing this, you can be certain that they are aware of your goals and are taking good care of your documents.
Types of Watermarks on PDF
The following are the 3 main types of watermarks:
Custom text, metadata, and special keywords can all be used to convey information about the content being watermarked at the time of the watermarking process. It is most commonly used in every organization.
You can use any of the available formats to add a picture as a watermark to your PDF file. It is commonly used in the developmental or construction sector.
You can also add a file, such as a watermark PDF, to your PDF document as a watermark. This type of watermark is usually used in corporate offices or where it is a dire need to add a file as a watermark.
We discussed the 7 methods for adding a watermark to your PDF files. Some of these methods are online and others are offline. We recommend you use the UPDF app to add a watermark to your PDF files. It is secure and offline to ensure the confidentiality of your information. Download UPDF now and experience document handling like never before! You can also check more information of UPDF in this famour website.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure