Although Google PDF is not an actual file type, a lot of users tend to search for the term 'Google PDF to Word Converter' because they're looking for a solution from Google to convert PDF to Word files. That's definitely possible, although it's a bit of a workaround. You can open a PDF file in Google Docs once you've uploaded it to your Drive account because Drive has a built-in conversion utility that will extract the main elements such as text and images from the document. However, to convert it to Word, you'll need to download it again in DOCX format. In short, the conversion works like this: PDF → Google Docs → Word File.
So, let's look at how to execute this process, and also explore a versatile PDF converter that can do the same thing far more accurately so you get a Word document that looks exactly like the original PDF. We've also shown you some cool Google Chrome extensions so you can convert PDF to Word right from your browser.
How to Use a Google PDF to Word Converter Alternative
UPDF is a purpose-built utility to help you convert PDF to Word and several other editable formats including Excel, PPT, HTML, Text, Image file types, XML, and PDF/A. The powerful but simple interface makes it easy to convert documents one by one or as a batch, and all it takes is a couple of clicks to get the job done. The best part is that your document formatting will be retained as in the original PDF file.
UPDF is not only a PDF converter but also a PDF editor, annotator, and organizer. Here are some key features of UPDF:
- Fast edit tools can add and edit PDF text, images, and links.
- A robust PDF annotator can highlight, strikethrough, underline, and squiggle the text in PDF. It can also add the text box, text comment, and sticky note to PDF. It also has useful, beautiful, and interesting stickers for you to choose from.
- Organizing PDF pages is also convenient in UPDF. You can easily insert, replace, extract, split, rotate, and delete the pages.
- OCR function can help you to convert scanned PDFs to editable and searchable PDFs.
- Share the files via email, link, and QR code.
Step 1: Import the PDF into UPDF
You can do this using the "Open File" button or by dropping the file into the software interface.
Step 2: Select the Output Format as Word
In the right panel, you can click the "Export PDF" icon and then select the "Word" option.
Step 3: Convert PDF to Word with One Click
Simply click the "Export" button in the pop-up window to process and save the file to the default location.
Video Tutorial on How to Convert PDF to Word
How to Use Google to Convert PDF to Word
Step 1: Upload the PDF to Google Drive
The first step is to drag your file from its folder location and drop it into a Google Drive folder in your browser - alternatively, you can use the New → File Upload option to do this.
Step 2: Open the PDF with Google Docs
Right-click the uploaded PDF and select Open With → Google Docs.
Step 3: Edit the PDF in Google Docs
The PDF will be displayed as a Google Docs file and you can proceed to edit the content.
Step 4: Download in Word Format
Finally, click File on the main menu and select Download → Microsoft Word (.docx) to save the PDF to Word.
Compare UPDF with Google
|Export File||Original file||Lose a lot of element|
|Easy to Use||4.9||4.5|
|Conversion Work Progress||PDF→ UPDF→ Word File||PDF → Google Drive→ Google Docs → Word File|
More Google PDF to Word Converter Options - Chrome Extensions
The Chrome Web Store has several extensions designed to help you convert PDF to Word and other formats. Here are some of them that you can try adding to Google Chrome.
To add any of these extensions, head to the Chrome Web Store, search for the extension, and click the Add to Chrome button
1. Smallpdf Chrome Extension
It offers both online and offline tools for PDF to Word conversions in Smallpdf. In addition, there's also a Chrome extension that you can use to quickly convert PDF to Word and other formats. Other features include converting documents and images to PDF, compressing PDF, editing PDF, e-signing and sending for signatures, PDF protection, PDF file, and page management, and so on. Smallpdf is easy to use; all you need to do is click the extension icon to the right of the address bar and select PDF to Word. Follow the instructions to drop your file, convert it, and download it.
2. SmartPDF Chrome Extension
The SmartPDF Chrome extension for PDF to Word conversion allows you to convert to and from PDF. You can also fetch the source PDF files directly from your Google Drive account, and the whole process is done online so there's no need to install anything. Just upload the file or import from Drive, choose the conversion format, hit Convert, and wait for the download to be available. You can also preview the converted file once the Word document has been generated. SmartPDF is also able to handle JPG file conversions and other formats, making it a handy addition to your Chrome Extensions arsenal.
3. PDF to Word by ZonePDF
Another Chrome extension worth checking out is PDF to Word, a simple browser tool where you can use a drag-and-drop action to convert your PDF documents into DOCX files. As the name suggests, this extension only handles PDF to Word conversions. However, if you regularly convert PDF to Word, then it's a very useful extension to add to your Chrome browser.
4. Convert PDF to Word by FreePDFConversion.org
The fourth extension we're showcasing today is called Convert PDF to Word. Once again, this is the sole purpose of this extension so it doesn't offer any other type of conversion. However, it does offer a search function to look for PDF files stored in your local drive locations so it's a pretty handy utility to add to your Chrome browser. It's free to use and there aren't any limits on the number of PDF to Word conversions you can do.
Although the Google PDF to Word conversion method is easy, you'll lose a lot of elements from your original file. That's why it's not recommended that you use this method. The better alternative would be to use a professional PDF to Word conversion utility such as UPDF so everything remains in the output Word file just as it was in your source PDF.
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint