How many of you have received a PDF file and wanted to convert it to MS Word DOCX or DOC format? Usually, this is required if you have a PDF file that you wish to alter the information of, such as a portfolio or a project, although the PDF might be more sophisticated. If you want to learn how to convert PDF to DOCX on Mac, we'll go through two simple methods for doing so.
Method 1. How to Change PDF to DOCX on Mac (macOS 13 Ventura Included)
If you are wondering about the process that allows you to convert PDF to DOCX on Mac, we have an effective solution. We highly recommend you to seek out a competent converter - UPDF for Mac, which allows users to choose the suitable format, make sure that it does not get jumbled up, and does the entire job in a few minutes.
Let's list down a few advantages of UPDF:
- Consistent format - the original file will be replicated and rendered as it is. You can rest assured that the formatting of the original file will not get altered.
- Enhanced security - all the files are protected with high-end encryption that ensures your data is secure throughout the conversion process.
- Rich features - it is an all-in-one PDF solution and you can read, annotate, edit, and organize PDFs.
Steps on How to Turn PDF into DOCX on Mac
Step 1. Click the Export Icon
To start the conversion process, open the UPDF app on your Mac - drag and drop the files you want to convert to the interface or click on the "Open File" option.
On the right toolbar, there is an "Export" icon. Click on it to enable the convert window.
Step 2. Choose the Output Format
UPDF allows you to choose between a range of formats, but since we're talking about DOCX in this example, click on the "Word (.docx)" option.
Step 3. Start Converting PDF to DOCX on Your Mac
You can also choose the page range for the conversion.
Now that you have selected all the settings you want - just click on "Export", which will be in the right bottom corner of the pop-up window. The destination dialog will open to allow you to choose a preferred saving location.
If you were under the impression that it is a complex task to convert PDF to DOCX on Mac and would require some complicated steps, you were mistaken. It is straightforward to maneuver through. All you need is a handy converter such as UPDF to do the job for you.
Beside the standard PDF, we also provide OCR feature to convert scanned PDFs to DOCX.
- Open scanned file, and choose "OCR" function on the right panel.
- Adjust corresponding settings for personal use:
- "Layout": we have three choices as shown, "Text and pictures only", "Text over the page image" and "Text under the page image"(You can click here for detailed information)
- "Document Language": there are 38 languages provided for recognition.
- "Image Resolution": including 72dpi, 150dpi and 320dpi
- "Page Range": you can choose particular page number out of all pages for specific use.
- Click "Perform OCR" to get editable files and save it to the place you want.
- The editable files will automatically pop up next to the original file, then you can click "Export" for converting file formats into DOCX finally.
Method 2. How to Convert PDF to DOCX on Mac with Preview
Deem using a low-tech strategy such as copy-pasting an unfit approach? It can work remarkably well in some instances, mainly if the PDF document is primarily content-based. It can be a real pain at times, depending on the sort of PDF format you are using.
As an alternative, we will walk you through the process of converting the file by using Preview. It is as easy as copy-pasting; read ahead to learn more!
- Select your PDF file and right-click on it. Click on the "Open With". Once the dialog opens, select the "Preview" option.
- Select the content/text you want to be copied and press Command-C. Or you can select the text, right-click your mouse, and choose "Copy". This will help you copy the text to your clipboard.
- Steer to MS Word or Pages on your MacBook and paste the content within the file by pressing Command-V.
- Save the document in the DOCX or DDC format, and if you prefer to use Pages, go to the "File", click on "Export To", and choose "Word".
|Items||Features||Preview for Mac||UPDF|
|System||Work on platforms||Mac||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android|
|Read PDF||Open, view, and read PDFs; |
Search text in PDFs;
Display PDF as Slideshow
|Annotate PDF||Highlight, Text Box, Sticky Note, Strikeout, Underline, Shapes, Pencil, Signatures|
|Squiggly line, Text Comment, Text Callout, Stickers, Stamps|
|Edit PDF||Add and edit text in PDF|
|Add, delete, extract, rotate, crop,|
and replace images in PDF
|Add and edit links, watermarks,|
background, and header & footer
|OCR||Turn scanned documents into searchable|
and editable PDFs
|Convert PDF||Convert PDF to JPG/PNG/TIFF|
|Convert PDF to Word/Excel/PPT/CSV/RTF/|
|Convert Scanned PDFs with OCR|
|Organize PDF||Insert, rotate, crop, and delete pages|
|Extract, and replace pages|
|Merge and Split PDF|
As you can see the table above, we do support more formats than Preview, and UPDF has OCR feature enable search and edit scanned documents.
Final thoughts: This article is for everyone whose browser history is full of queries like 'convert PDF to DOC on Mac' or 'how to change PDF to DOCX on Mac'. We have listed down the basic steps that you need to follow in order to convert the file into DOCX. We hope this has been a valuable read, and in the end, all we have to say is download UPDF today and make your lives easier.
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs
- Top 4 PowerPoint Alternatives in 2023
- How to Create a Poster in PowerPoint