Most people use PDFs every day, and macOS makes it simple to merge PDFs together. As a result, you may easily combine many PDF files into a single document. It's also possible to merge individual pages from two PDFs into one. Third-party tools such as the Preview app can be used to do this. On Mac, there are a variety of ways to merge PDFs. So, let's take a look at how to combine PDF files on Mac.
- Part 1. How to Merge PDF Files on Mac with Preview
- Part 2. How to Combine PDFs on Mac with Adobe Acrobat
- Part 3. How to Merge Two PDF Files on Mac with PDF Expert
- Part 4. How to Join PDFs on Mac with PDFsam
- Part 5. How to Merge PDFs on Mac using Finer
- Part 6. The Best Free PDF Software for Mac
Preview, Apple's default app, has a lot of power. It makes it simple to merge several PDF files into a single document.
Note: Any changes you make while previewing are instantly saved. Before merging your PDFs, make a copy of each of your original PDFs using File Duplicate.
If you'd want to combine two PDFs on Mac files together, follow these instructions.
- Launch Preview and choose the first PDF file you wish to merge.
- Take a look at the top menu and pick "Thumbnails".
- The sidebar will now show thumbnails of the currently viewed pages.
- Click on the thumbnail.
- Page from the file may be added by selecting "Edit" and then "Insert".
- Then you choose the "Page from File" option and select and open the PDF file that you wish to combine.
- By doing so, a second PDF will be added to the first. Rearrange the pages by dragging the thumbnails.
- Go to "File" Now. Click the "Export as PDF" option to save your combined document as a PDF file.
Here is how to merge two PDF files on Mac with different parts:
- Launch the Preview.
- Set up separate windows for each of the PDF files you wish to merge.
- Select "Thumbnails" from the "View" menu in each PDF window.
- The sidebar will now show thumbnails of the currently viewed pages.
- Do a quick drag-and-drop of thumbnails between the two PDF files.
- You may pick several thumbnails by using Command–Click.
- Go to "File" > "Export as PDF". Save your combined document as a PDF file.
Acrobat's ability to work with numerous files is one of its most impressive features. Almost any file format can be combined or merged into a single PDF. To save time, you might open each file and save it as a PDF. Here are a couple of insider hints on how to combine PDFs on Mac.
- Install and then run Adobe Acrobat to get started.
- Select "File > Create > Combine Multiple Files into a Single PDF" from the drop-down menu. (Note: You may select "Combine Files" from the right-hand menu if you've already opened the file.)
- Drag files into the "Add Files" box or use the Add Open Files or Add Files buttons to do so.
- Word, Images, PowerPoint presentations, emails, and other types of documents can all be selected at once.
- To create a single PDF document, just select all of the files and then click "Combine".
PDF Expert lets you merge many PDF files into a single file without having to open each one. If you need to rearrange the pages in your new file, you may do it by hand.
Note: PDF Expert's subscription-based edition includes the ability to combine several PDF files. If you've already purchased PDF Expert 6, you don't need to renew your license to continue merging PDFs.
Here is how to merge PDFs on Mac with PDF Expert:
- Open the PDF Expert application.
- Go to File > Merge Files and choose the desired files to be combined.
- Make a list of the files you'd want to integrate (hold Shift to select multiple files).
- By clicking on the "Merge" button, you will finish the task. It's done!
Alternatively, you might combine multiple PDFs into one on Mac by doing this:
- The same as above, you should open the PDF Expert application first.
- Start by launching one of the files you'll be combining.
- Navigate to the Page Management tab and select the "Append file" option.
- Then you can select one or more PDF documents from your computer, which will be merged into one PDF.
Using PDFSam Enhanced, you may create a single PDF document from multiple file kinds at once.
Here's how to combine multiple pdfs into one on Mac:
- Go to the "CREATE" module by clicking on it after opening your PDF file.
- Select "Merge Files". The window for merging files will pop up.
- Using the "Add Files" option, pick the files you want to merge. By selecting "Add folder", you may also add all of the files in a specific folder. You now have access to your computer and may begin selecting files. The "Add Opened Files" option allows you to select from any open PDF files in PDFSam Enhanced. Once you've completed this step for all of your files, a new list will appear underneath the File Name with their names.
- The up and down arrows can be used to reorder the documents after they are listed in the center of the window. The order in which they appear in this window will be the order in which they are merged into a PDF document. Using the Delete options, you may remove a single file or an entire folder from the list.
- Press the "Merge" button when you're ready to merge your files.
- A new file will open after the merging procedure is complete.
You may also merge your PDF files on Mac directly in the Finder if you prefer that method.
Here's how it's done, step by step:
- Open the folder holding the PDF files that you wish to merge and select the respective PDFs from the list that appears.
- Go to "Quick Actions" by right-clicking on your selected files.
- Create a PDF by clicking the "Create PDF" button.
- Once the two PDFs have been combined into one, you can organize the pages and order the pages.
Note: this method will work when the files you want to merge are in the format of images or PDFs. It can help you merge other types of files, such as Word, Excel, etc.
If you're looking for a means to convert and annotate PDFs on the go, UPDF is the tool for you! If you're looking for a free PDF reader and editor, then this is it. UPDF's user interface design is one of its most compelling features. Because of its simple user interface, even individuals with no prior experience with PDF editors may easily make use of it.
- Multiple page layouts: It has a variety of page layout choices so you may adjust the appearance of PDF pages to fit your device's screen.
- Edit PDF texts: This program allows you to add text and edit the text in PDF easily. You can choose the font, font size, and style as you like. The color of the text is also adjustable.
- Great annotation tools: You can use UPDF to annotate important contents with line drawing tools, highlights, etc. You can add notes, draw a straight line, or freehand drawing to highlight something in your PDF file. This program also provides color options for your annotations.
- Manage PDF pages: You can manage the pages of your PDF documents for free. It is easy to rotate, extract, split, replace, rearrange, insert, and remove pages.
- Convert PDFs with OCR: The conversion feature of UPDF allows you to turn the PDF format into many other file formats, with OCR available.
UPDF is one of the industry's best PDF editors that work! It provides flawless editing, annotating, and converting features - minus the hassles and complexity of other software. Its interface is easy to use. So whether you're a beginner or a professional, you can get started in minutes- without any training.
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF
- The Best Back to School PDF Tool You Should's Miss in 2022
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books