It is much easier to find a PDF reader than it is to find a good free PDF Editor for Windows. Most of the tools available in the market allow you to open and view PDF files, some may even go as far as allowing you to annotate a PDF. But a working, efficient and easy-to-use free PDF editor for Windows can be hard to find.
Most of the time, you will find that a product is advertised as free, but they try to sell you additional features that are not available for free. This list contains PDF editors for PC that are completely free to use.
Top 5 Free PDF Editors for Windows
UPDF is a relatively new addition to the market that embodies everything you need in a PDF editor for Windows and Mac. To begin with, it is free to use, allowing you to create and edit all aspects of your PDF document without needing to pay for the program.
Some of the things it can do includes easy editing of text, images and links on the PDF document. You can add and remove text from the PDF document, change the font and even delete blocks of text from the document. In the same way, you can add and remove images from the document with ease. It is also one of the best ways to read a PDF document, with unparalleled annotation features.
- Comes with a beautiful interface that makes editing PDFs not just easy, but highly enjoyable.
- It is fast and has a strong performance as compared to its competitors.
- Read PDF documents with multiple modes to give you the best reading experience.
- You can add texts, images and links to PDF documents.
- Add annotations, markups, comments, stamps, free-hand drawing, shapes etc.
- Organize PDF pages by rotating, inserting, deleting, extracting etc.
Video Tutorial on How to Edit a PDF File on Windows
2. PDFsam Basic
PDFsam Basic is a simple PDF editor for PC that can be useful if you are looking to how to make small edits to your PDF document. It comes with all the standard document editing features that you can expect including the ability to edit text and images. But it also has additional features that can help shape the PDF document in other ways. These include merging, rotation of pages, splitting PDFs, and even extracting content from a PDF document.
You may find that it is sufficient for the most basic forms of editing.
- Editing most aspects of the document is simple, thanks to the very easy to use interface
- It allows you to easily and very quickly change the layout of any PDF document
- You may have to pay for the premium version to access some of the features
- It lacks some advanced features such as OCR and annotation
3. PDF Architect
PDF Architect is another simple to use and highly reliable PDF editor for Windows that you can use to create and edit PDF documents. It is one of the only simple tools in the market that will allow you to create a PDF document from scratch. It is also one of the best options to choose if you have a PDF document that just isn't working, as you can use PDF Architect to completely dismantle the document and create a new version of it.
Apart from allowing you to edit every aspect of the PDF document including all text and images, PDF Architect is also a great way to convert PDFs to other formats. It also comes with an OCR function that you can use to edit image-rich or scanned PDFs.
- There is a free version that can allow you to make changes to the PDF document.
- It has a simple and easy-to-use user interface.
- You can use it to create PDF documents or convert PDFs to other formats.
- It has additional advanced features including OCR and signature.
- The free version is very limited and you may have to pay for a license to make any significant changes.
4. PDF Complete Office
If you want a PDF editor for Windows that is designed for corporate use without being too expensive, PDF Complete Office is the most ideal choice. While you may be able to create and even do basic PDF editing on the free version of the program, you may need to purchase the premium version to access advanced features such as OCR, document protection, and even PDF Conversion.
The good news is it is completely affordable and once you have the premium version, you will greatly benefit from the neatly arranged user interface to create, edit and convert PDFs with ease.
- There is a functional free trial version that you can use to edit PDFs for free.
- It has additional features such as OCR, a PDF Converter, and signature.
- It has a very simple, easy-to-navigate user interface.
- You will only be able to access these advanced features if you pay for the premium version.
5. Xodo PDF
If you don't want to install any programs on your computer to edit PDFs, then you may want to consider an online solution like Xodo PDF. Just because it is deployed as an online solution doesn't mean that it skims on all the features you will need to edit your PDF. You may find that you are surprised by the sheer number of tools it presents.
- It is accessible on the browser, making it useful on any device.
- It offers a lot of options for editing PDFs.
- You can also use it to manage and edit PDF pages.
- Online editing of PDFs may raise document privacy concerns.
- Some features are only accessible on the paid desktop version.
All the tools above can help you edit any PDF document in numerous ways. But if you want a cost-effective PDF editor for Windows solution that is easy to use, highly reliable, and completely free UPDF is the best option to consider, what's more, it has advanced features like OCR function which convert scanned PDF documents into searchable and editable, and add watermarks, stamps, stickers, even your signature if you need, as much as you can imagine. What you are waiting for? Download it today, and enjoy your working time on UPDF!
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint