If you're using a Mac and how to edit PDF is a question you'd like answered, look no further! Introducing UPDF, a fast, modern, and capable PDF editor for macOS systems right up to the latest version. Learn how to edit a PDF on Mac for free with this amazing tool that will keep getting new and powerful features in the coming weeks. Featuring UPDF, the world's first "free premium" PDF editor for Mac.
- Part 1. The Best Tool to Edit PDF on Mac
- Part 2. How to Edit PDF on a MacBook
- Part 3. Video Tutorial on How to Edit a PDF on Mac
- Part 4. How to Edit PDF File on a Mac Browser (Online Method)
The Best Tool to Edit PDF on Mac
UPDF was designed and developed for the modern PDF workflow, but rather than offering it as a premium paid utility, Superace, the company behind the product, has decided to release it as a free PDF editor. Currently, you can use it on macOS to edit PDF files, comfortably read PDF documents, annotate PDF documents, and organize PDF pages on a slick and responsive interface.
The tool is available for Mac and Windows systems, and the release calendar is full of surprises waiting for you. Here are some of the amazing features and advantages of UPDF:
- 100% free to use this software on Mac and Windows.
- There will be no watermarks, no ads, and no limitations while using it.
- Beautiful user interface and modern design.
- Add, and edit text and images on PDF documents.
- Add annotations to PDF, such as highlights, sticky notes, text boxes, etc.
- Rotate, extract, and delete pages in PDF document.
- Read PDF documents and add bookmarks to PDF.
Step 1. Open a PDF
Open a PDF file with UPDF. You can drag your PDF into the UPDF interface, or you can click the purple "Open File" button.
Step 2. Enter the Editing Mode on Mac
Click the tab at the top that says "Edit" - this will take your Mac into edit PDF mode.
Step 3. Edit PDF File on Mac
Click on any text block to select and edit the text inside - a contextual secondary editing toolbar provides everything you need to control the attributes of the selected text in the highlighted block.
You can also edit a PDF image by clicking and then using the image editing toolbar to replace, rotate, crop, delete, and perform other actions on the chosen image.
Using UPDF is the best way to edit a PDF on Mac. It is the world's first real free PDF editor that has the same ability as Adobe Acrobat. You don't need to pay for PDF editing anymore!
Video Tutorial on How to Edit a PDF on Mac
How to Edit PDF File on a Mac Browser (Online Method)
Regardless of whether you're using Safari, Chrome, or any other modern browser, you can directly edit PDF on your Mac without installing any software. Of course, there are some downsides to this, as we'll see later on, but when you're in a pinch, it helps to know how to edit a PDF file on Mac online. The general process is explained below:
- Go to the URL of a safe and reputed online PDF editor (such as SmallPDF, iLovePDF).
- Click the button on the web interface to upload your PDF (Tip: Many online PDF editors for Mac and other operating systems will allow you to directly drop files into the browser tab to upload them)
- After the PDF has been uploaded successfully, you'll see a PDF editing interface, where you can select text and other content for editing
- Once your edits are done, make sure the changes have been saved (usually, this is an automated process, or you can click Save, Update, or Apply Changes, as the case may be) and then hit the Download button to save your file back to your Mac or a cloud storage service like Dropbox or Google Drive
As we mentioned, there are some drawbacks to editing PDF files online with a browser-based utility. We've listed a few of them below:
- Security Concerns: In many cases, even if the online PDF editing site itself is secured and has the proper certificates, remember that you're transmitting your information over the Internet. That's why most companies won't allow you to use online services to process official documents.
- True PDF Editing May Not be Available: A true PDF editor will allow you to modify or remove existing content such as images, text, hyperlinks, etc. Not all online PDF editors can do this. Most are just annotation tools that try to pass off as PDF editors. It can be confusing for users who upload documents only to find that they're not able to select text and other elements even if the file itself is an editable one.
- Handling Heavy Workloads: Online tools are generally not ideal when you need to process very large PDF files or a large batch of documents. In most cases, there will be upper limits for file sizes and the number of files you can process. In other situations, you may be asked to upgrade to a paid version of the service in order to continue. This can be frustrating, not to mention a waste of time and money.
Advantages of Using UPDF to Edit PDF on Mac
That's why UPDF is an extremely handy tool. It's free, you can process large workflows, no information leaves your Mac, and the PDF editing feature gives you full control over the contents of the file in question. Apart from these key benefits, you can also enjoy a refreshing UI that's modern and user-friendly. In fact, it's fun to work on UPDF because the smooth user experience lets you work faster and more efficiently. The upcoming features cover almost every PDF eventuality, including file conversion, form creation, text recognition, file protection, and more. But even if you use it as a simple PDF reader rather than a Mac PDF editor, you'll be pleased with the way UPDF handles on your Mac. What's more, it's 100% free, so try UPDF and see the stark difference it can make to your productivity at work, while studying, or in your professional and personal life.
UPDF Upcoming Features:
- PDF Creation and Conversion: Convert almost any document file type or image into a PDF with one click. Convert from PDF to a range of other formats so you can edit them natively on their respective apps. Format consistency, security, and speed are the three mantras of UPDF.
- OCR PDF: Scanned PDFs can be accurately converted into searchable or editable PDF files so you can modify the content inside. With its high rate of accuracy, human intervention to correct OCR errors is brought down to the minimum.
- PDF Protection: Safeguard confidential information by locking your PDF files from being viewed, edited, copied, and printed using advanced password encryption.
- Signatures: Create and add digital or handwritten signatures to PDF documents, thereby enhancing the productivity and security of your remote signature workflows.
- Create and Fill Forms: Interactive PDF forms can be created with simple drag and drop actions. Fill forms easily with form field identification and other intuitive features.
- Print PDFs: The virtual printer allows you to customize your print jobs so only what you need gets printed - and it's done the way you want.
- Top 5 PDFsam Alternatives
- How to Merge PDFs with iLovePDF
- How to Combine PDF Files on Mac in 5 Ways
- How to Combine PDFs in Preview
- How to Split PDF in 4 Ways
- How to Change PDF Password in 2 Ways
- Top 9 PDF Encryption Software for Windows and Mac
- How to Remove Password from PDF in 4 Ways
- Top 5 PDF Unlockers and How to Unlock PDF