What do you look for in a top PDF to Word Converter for Mac? The best tool has to be easy to use and accurate enough to ensure that you are converting PDF to Word completely with the original formatting.
Since there are a lot of Mac PDF to Word converters out there, we thought our top ten should prioritize ease of use and accuracy in the conversion process. The following are the best converters to choose from if you agree.
10 of the Best PDF to Word Converters for Mac
1. UPDF for Mac
UPDF for Mac is a revolutionary PDF to Word Converter on Mac and Windows that can convert PDF files to the most popular formats including Word in just a few seconds. Available for all versions of macOS 10.14 or later (including macOS 13 Ventura), this easy-to-use converter will keep the formatting consistent even if you have to convert a document with hundreds of pages.
All you have to do is install it on your computer, open the PDF document you want to convert and click the "Export" icon to begin the conversion process. The OCR (Optical Character Recognition) module that comes built into UPDF, makes it easy to convert scanned or image-rich PDFs just as easily.
- The conversion process is easy. The UPDF user interface is so easy to follow. It is almost self-explanatory.
- It retains the original formatting of the document consistently across all the pages to be converted.
- The conversion is very fast.
- It can be used to convert PDFs to other formats including Word, Excel, PPT, images, HTML, RTF, PDF/A, and XML.
- The OCR module is highly accurate and supports more than 10 languages.
- It is more than just a PDF to Word converter on Mac. It is also a PDF editor, PDF annotator, and PDF organizer for Mac.
2. Kofax Power PDF Standard for Mac
This PDF converter can be very useful when you are looking for an easy, but very powerful way to convert PDF to Word on Mac. It is designed for productivity and is, therefore, a good tool to choose if the documents you are converting are large, or if you want to convert more than one document at the same time.
Kofax Power PDF Standard for Mac can convert PDFs to a variety of other formats including Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, and more. This PDF to Word Converter on Mac also comes with a built-in PDF editor that allows you to make changes to the PDF directly.
- It can convert PDFs to Word as well as all the other popular formats including Excel, PowerPoint, Images, and HTML.
- It has a relatively simple user interface that makes the conversion process simple
- It also comes with an OCR function, ideal for the conversion of scanned or image-rich PDFs to other formats.
- It retains the formatting of the original document
- Even though it can be used to edit PDFs, the editing options are fairly limited and you may find that you still need to convert the documents to edit them.
3. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Mac
You cannot talk about any type of PDF process without mentioning Adobe Acrobat. This PDF to Word Converter for Mac is the original PDF management tool that still ranks as one of the best ways to create, edit and convert PDF documents from one format to another. However, it is very complicated and expensive.
One of the main benefits of choosing Adobe Acrobat to convert PDF to Word over other tools is the wide range of tools that it has to help you manipulate your document in any way you choose. One of the many tools you can benefit from includes easy conversion from PDF to all of the popular formats.
- It has a wide range of tools that support a wide range of functionalities
- Conversion with Adobe Acrobat is always successful and retains the original formatting
- It has social proof as one of the most popular PDF conversion tools in the market
- It can also be used to create and edit PDFs documents directly
- It may not be immediately easy to use, particularly for beginner users.
- It can be very expensive as compared to the other tools on this list.
4. Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac
PhantomPDF from Foxit is a great PDF to Word Converter on Mac that is simple to use and very accurate, even when the PDF you are converting has a lot of images. Yet, it is also a complete tool that can do so much more than just convert PDF to Word and other formats. You can use it to create and edit PDFs and comes with a number of additional tools to help you annotate, sign, encrypt and manage PDF documents in a variety of ways.
The conversion process with PhantomPDF is very easy; all you have to do is import the document into the program and then select the conversion format to use.
- It has numerous PDF management tools designed to make the creation, editing, and conversion of PDFs easy.
- The user interface is easy to navigate and you can convert even the largest of files in seconds.
- It can convert PDFs to Word, Excel, HTML, PowerPoint, and a variety of other formats.
- It is expensive
- You will not be able to use it to convert PDF to EPUB
- Its OCR function can be inaccurate in certain instances.
5. ABBY FineReader Pro
If the documents you are looking to convert scanned PDFs, then you might want to look into using ABBY FineReader Pro. This is because it has a particularly powerful OCR module that specializes in the accurate scanning of PDF documents before you can even begin the conversion.
And once the document has been scanned, you can choose to convert it to numerous formats including Word, PowerPoint, EPUB, Excel, and many more. This PDF to Word converter on Mac also comes with editing tools that you can use to make changes to the document before conversion.
- It has one of the highest accuracy OCR modules we've seen
- You can convert the PDFs to numerous formats
- It has a simple user interface
- The editing functions are limited. They lack a full-text indexing feature
6. DeskUNPDF for Mac
This is a simple to use, yet highly effective solution when you want to convert PDF to Word on Mac. The conversion process is simple, accurate, and reliable. It will also convert PDFs to other Office formats including Excel and PowerPoint.
- This PDF to Word converter for Mac supports the conversion of bulk documents at the same time
- You can convert the documents into other formats like Excel and PowerPoint
- It may not always retain the formatting of the original document
- It lacks an OCR function or even editing options
7. Doxillion PDF to Word Converter
This PDF to Word converter on Mac offers a free, yet reliable way to convert PDF documents to numerous formats including Word, HTML, RTF, XML, and more. It has a simple user interface and also supports converting the bulk documents at the same time.
- It has a very user-friendly interface
- Conversion, even of bulk documents is very fast
- There is no guarantee that the converted document will retain its formatting
- It doesn't have any additional tools
8. Cisdem PDFMaster for Mac
Cisdem PDFMaster for Mac is a relatively new addition to the market, but one that is very useful in converting PDF to a variety of other formats. It supports up to 16 different formats including Word, Excel, Pages, PPT, EPUB, Images, HTML, and more.
- The user interface is very easy to use
- It has a pretty powerful OCR module
- It can convert PDFs to other formats
- Supports batch conversions.
- This PDF to Word converter for Mac lacks additional PDF management tools
- You may not be able to use it to convert PDFs in bulk
Ab2Extract is a powerful and very easy-to-use PDF to Word converter for Mac that can also be used to convert PDF documents to other formats. It supports a wide range of formats, allowing users to convert PDFs to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Images, and more.
- It is very easy to use
- It has batch conversion feature
- It may crash sometimes when in use
10. Aiseesoft Mac PDF Converter Ultimate
Aiseesoft Mac PDF Converter Ultimate is a program that allows you to convert PDF documents. It supports the most popular formats and it is fast, responsive, and very easy to use.
- This PDF to Word converter on Mac is easy to use and fast
- It will convert PDFs to other formats including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, and more
- It has a free version, but most tools are only available on the premium version
- Some advanced tools are only available on the very expensive annual subscription plan
- 3 Different Methods to Merge Images into PDF
- 2 Ways to Combine Images into PDF on Mac
- Top 5 Free PDF Editor Android in 2023
- The Best Tool to Convert Multiple JPG to PDF
- How to Merge PNG to PDF Using the Best PDF Combiner
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly