If you have PDF files you want to edit or share with others, the best option for you is to convert them into editable formats. The advancement of document conversion technology has led to the creation of many tools to use for conversion. The tools have made it easy and fast to convert PDF to Excel on Mac and other devices. This article offers you steps on how to convert PDF to Excel on Mac with UPDF.
The Best PDF to Excel Converter for Mac
UPDF for Mac is the best PDF to Excel converter on Mac. The tool is robust and versatile enough to edit and convert PDF documents to other editable formats such as text, PowerPoint, XML, HTML, CSV, images, or Word. The tool also features an OCR feature that makes it possible to convert scanned PDFs into editable formats. This feature supports thirty-eight languages, making UPDF more universal.
- Accurate conversion: With this converter, you enjoy high-level accuracy when converting documents. Your Excel will be similar to the original PDF. Thus, you do not waste time doing corrections after the conversion.
- Format consistency: The original format of the original PDFs is not lost after the conversion. All the cells and other features are converted accurately. You can add your desired features to your Excel document after the conversion. This does not only happen when converting to Excel, but also to most other editable formats such as word, PowerPoint, and others.
- OCR supported: It can convert scanned PDF to Excel on Mac and other formats with the OCR feature.
How to Convert PDF to Excel on Mac
Here are the simple steps on how to convert PDF to Excel on Mac.
Step 1. Import the PDF
Begin the process by adding the PDF files you want to export PDF to Excel on Mac. Click "Open File" or you can also drag and drop the documents into the UPDF window.
Step 2. Select Output Format as Excel
Once your PDF file is opened, click on the "Export PDF" icon on the top right side of the UPDF for Mac. After clicking it, a list of multiple formats will appear as shown in the image below.
Step 3. Convert PDF to Excel on Mac
When you click on the "Excel" format, a pop-up window will appear. It will allow you to set up your preference such as OCR and page range. After setting up, click on the "Export" button, and your PDF will convert to Excel and be saved in the destination folder.
As you can see, after converting the PDF to Excel, the format content is the same, and it can be edited.
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Excel on Mac
The Optical Character Recognition or OCR in the tool enables easy conversion of image-based or scanned PDF into all other editable formats including Excel. Follow these steps to convert scanned PDF to Excel on Mac with OCR.
Step 1: Access the OCR Tool and Provide Layout Properties
Open the scanned PDF document in UPDF and direct yourselves to the "Recognize Text using OCR" feature on the right panel.
Select the "Layout" option at the start. For defining the advanced layout options, choose the "Gear" icon and checkmark the options that you wish to set up for the OCR tool.
Step 2: Set Language and Resolution Parameters
In the "Document Language," select any of the 38 languages that you can find in the drop-down menu.
After selecting the language, you can proceed to the "Image Resolution" section, where you can set up a value according to the available options in the menu. Otherwise, you can tap on the "Detect Optimal Resolution" button to automatically detect the required image resolution.
Step 3: Perform OCR and Select the Output Format as Excel
Set up the page range on which the OCR function is to be applied. Once it is done, click on the "Perform OCR" button and navigate to the location where you want to save the editable PDF document.
The editable PDF will pop up next to the original file, select the button "Export PDF", you can choose "Excel" as the output format among 9 choices in total .
Step 4: Convert Scanned PDF to Excel on Mac
Tap the "Export" button and start the conversion. The Excel files get saved in the destination folder and will be displayed on your screen. The process is completed within a few seconds.
FAQs about converting PDF to Excel
1. Can I convert PDF to Excel without Adobe?
Sure. If you only use Adobe to convert PDF to Excel, the price is too high for you. You can convert PDF to Excel with UPDF. You can refer to the steps mentioned above to convert PDF to Excel.
2. Can I convert PDF to Excel online?
You can go to google and search "PDF to Excel converter online" and select the ones you like it. And then click on "PDF to Excel" to convert PDF to Excel. But the online converter has security risks. Uploading files online means that information may be leaked. So, we recommend you use an offline converter like UPDF.
3. Does Mac have a free PDF converter?
Actually, there is no completely free converter on Mac. But UPDF can allow you to convert 5 PDF files for free. The price is also relatively low in the market. It only takes $39.99 for one year, and the perpetual licenses take $69.99.
What else can UPDF do?
UPDF is a well-known PDF editor. It is known for its editing features such as annotating, organizing, underlining, and editing the text in PDF. It also allows you to sign any PDF document and then share it with your friends or teammates via email or a link.
You can also add, delete, insert, extract or organize the PDF pages in your document. Moreover, it allows you to edit the images present in your PDF document.
Pros of UPDF
- Free-to-download and simple PDF editor
- Guarantees the security of your information
- Beginner-friendly and modern design
- Fast, unique, and reliable
- Frequent updates for new features and improvements
Converting PDF to Excel on Mac is very important for most people who use PDF to organize and analyze data better. But a good PDF to Excel converter is hard to find. Either it's too expensive, there are too many ads, or there's a limit to file uploads. But UPDF can help you solve all problems, the price is not expensive, no ads, no restrictions, and it is a beautiful and simple PDF converter.
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today