Are you looking for the best way to convert a PDF document to Text on Mac? To do it, you will need a tool that is designed to specifically convert PDF documents. The other solution would be to copy the content on the PDF to a Text editor a process that may take a very long time especially if the document is large.
There are a lot of tools that you can use to convert PDF to Text on Mac and while many can be effective, very few work in the seamless effective way that you need if you don't want to spend a lot of time converting the file. Here, we will share with you an easy solution that is effective and will convert any PDF, even more than one at the same time.
The Best PDF to Text Converter for Mac
The best PDF to Text converter for Mac is UPDF. This is a simple, but highly effective solution that has numerous features designed to simplify the conversion process as much as possible. It is the only PDF converter you should consider, particularly if you want a more accurate and fast conversion.
The following are the key features that make UPDF the most ideal solution:
- You can use it to convert PDF to Text on Mac and a whole host of other editable formats including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CSV, Images (JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and GIF), HTML, XML, RTF, and more.
- It has an OCR feature that you can use to convert scanned or image-rich PDFs to editable formats with high accuracy of recognizing words.
- It is also a PDF editor to help you edit texts, a PDF annotator to help you markup your PDFs, and a PDF encrypter to help you password-protect PDF files.
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Text on Mac
If the PDF document that you want to convert is a scanned document, you will need to make use of the OCR function before converting the document. Here's how to do that:
Step 1: Turn on OCR
Open UPDF and click on "OCR" to convert the scanned PDF document to the editable PDF.
Choose the appropriate "Layout" settings, "Text and pictures only", "Text over the page image", "Text under the page image". (Click OCR PDF for specific differentiation of these three choices.)
You can also apply OCR to only some pages of the document and not all. You can choose the pages in the "Page Range" section.
Step 2: Convert the Scanned PDF to Text on Mac
After finishing the OCR settings, click "Export" to begin the conversion process. Select the folder you want to save the scanned file which will be saved in the destination folder that you selected during the recognition.
The scanned file will automatically pop up next to the original file, you need to choose "Export" on the left panel. Then select "Text" out of 9 file formats in total. Click on "Export" button will be the last step to convert PDFs into text.
This is how you convert a PDF to Text on Mac. With UPDF, you can get the best conversion results and you can rely on the conversion speed. It will convert your PDF file to other formats within seconds!
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today