PDF files remain the most convenient format to share files since they can be opened on any device and any operating system. But you mainly find it difficult to share a PDF document that is too large, especially if you are trying to share it via email. One of the ways to overcome this problem is to compress the document.
Compressing a PDF file can significantly reduce its size, making it easier to manage and share. In this guide, we show you how to compress a PDF on Mac without losing the quality of the document.
Scenarios Why You Need to Compress PDF on Mac
You finally complete that project that you've been working on all year. It has a lot of images, tables, diagrams, and graphs. But when you try to email the document to your project leader, your email service provider shows a service error that says the file is too large.
Or a member of your team sends you the company annual report and you decide it may be a good idea to go through it before you get home. But the file is too large for your iPhone to open.
In any one of these scenarios, your best option is to compress the file. One of the solutions in this guide will help you do that.
Method 1. How to Compress PDF on Mac with UPDF
If you want to compress PDF files on Mac, you can choose to use UPDF. UPDF is a beautiful and simple PDF editor. Its powerful compression tools are also very prominent. Let's see how to compress PDF on Mac using UPDF.
- Step 1: Open you PDF which you want to compress when you launch the UPDF.
- Step 2: Click on the "Save as Other" icon on the right menu and then click the "Reduce File Size.." option to compress PDF.
- Step 3: Now you can select the document quality from highest to lowest. It can select "Maximum", "High", "Medium", or "Low" four document quality.
- Step 4: When you have chosen the compressed quality, click on "Save As" to compress the PDF.
Video Tutorial on How to Reduce PDF Size on Mac
Method 2. How to Compress PDF on Mac with Preview
One of the easiest ways to compress a PDF on Mac is to use Preview. This built-in app is to use and is completely free. Here's how to compress a PDF using Preview:
Step 1: Open the large PDF file in Preview.
- Step 2: Then click on "File" and choose "Export...". But don't choose "Export as PDF.
- Step 3: Click on the "Quartz Filter" dropdown menu and select "Reduce File Size."
Method 3. How to Compress PDF on Mac with Adobe Acrobat
Compress PDF File Size on Mac with Adobe Acrobat Online
Adobe Acrobat comes with an online PDF compression tool that you can access on Safari to easily compress PDF documents. Here's how to compress PDF in Adobe:
- Step 1: Open Safari on your Mac and access the Adobe Acrobat online PDF compressor.
- Step 2: Click on "Select File" to upload the file that you want to compress. You can also simply drag and drop the file to import it.
- Step 3: Then simply click "Compress" and Adobe Acrobat will reduce the size of the document.
Compress PDF File Size on Mac with Adobe Acrobat DC
If you would like to compress more than one PDF document, you can use these steps on Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- Step 1: Open Acrobat Pro on your Mac.
- Step 2: Open the "Optimize PDF" tool in Acrobat, find the PDF file, and click "Open.
- Step 3: From the top menu, select "Reduce File Size".
- Step 4: Choose your preferred compatibility settings and click "OK."
- Step 5: Name the compressed file and click "Save".
Method 4. How to Compress PDF Size on Mac Online
If you don't want to install a program on your computer to compress a PDF, you can use an online tool. One of the most reliable is iLovePDF. Here's how to use it:
Step 1: Go to iLovePDF compressor tool to access the PDF compressor tool.
Step 2: Click on "Select PDF files" to import the PDF.
Step 3: Then simply click "Compress PDF" and when the process is complete, the compressed file will be downloaded to your computer.
The Best Compressor PDF Tool on Mac
If you use PDF documents regularly, then you probably need more than just a PDF compressor. It can be very useful to have a complete solution that you can use to edit every aspect of your PDF document.
UPDF - PDF editor is a revolutionary new PDF tool that will shake up the market in a big way. That's because it is the best PDF editor that has all the features you would find on some of the most expensive PDF editors on the market.
UPDF allows you to do several things on your PDF document very easily, including:
- Read and Annotate PDFs
UPDF is the perfect tool to open and read PDF documents. You can use it to view multiple PDFs in different tabs and adjusts the document to fit the device screen. You can add bookmarks to the document to make it easier to find particular sections of it later. The search function makes it easy for you to find any particular section of the text much faster.
It also gives you numerous annotation features that you can use to add comments to the PDF, highlight sections of text, strikethrough text, add comments, and add sticky notes.
- Edit PDF like a Pro
UPDF also makes it very easy for you to edit the text on the document, directly on the PDF without having to export any content. You can change the font style, size, and color of the text by simply selecting the text.
You can just as easily edit any images that may be on the document. The built-in image editor allows you to reposition, resize, replace, copy, crop, and even delete the images on the document very easily.
- Manage PDF Pages
If you have a large PDF file with numerous pages, you can use UPDF to manage the pages in various ways. You can extract some of the pages to create a new PDF document. You can also rotate, reorder, delete, and even add new pages to the document very easily.
The program's intuitive and very simple-to-use interface makes it a very simple and reliable solution even for beginner users.
If you want to compress PDFs, this article shows you 4 methods to compress PDFs on Mac. You can choose anyone to compress PDF. But if you want to select one way which is safe, fast, and great, you can select UPDF. Its powerful compression feature will compress your PDF file easily.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF