In recent times, PDFs have become a universal file format. This format is perfect for sharing documents across different platforms and operating systems without having to worry about compatibility and security issues. As PDF is the preferred file format, it is obvious that you will encounter situations when you need to write a PDF file from your Macbook. While there are many PDF writers for Mac available on the market, picking up the best and most suitable PDF writer for Mac is not an easy task.
You should not worry anymore as we pick up the 5 best PDF writers for Mac after testing its features. And we list all of their features, pros, and cons here. So you can make a decision according to your needs.
Top 5 PDF Writers for Mac
The list below is the pack of the best PDF writers for Mac. You can check their features, pros, and cons one by one here.
UPDF is undoubtedly the best PDF writer for Mac. It can help you write your PDF on Mac with its editing features like editing texts, adding new texts, adding images, and inserting links. You can also use its comment features to annotate your PDF with shapes, highlights, underlining, stickers, sticky notes, stamps, handwriting, signature, and more. More importantly, if you want to add a watermark, background, header, and footer, UPDF can help you do it easily.
When you write in your PDF, you can also enjoy other features provided by UPDF, like:
- Use OCR to convert scanned PDFs to an editable format.
- Convert PDF to any format you need, such as Word, Excel, PPT, image, etc.
- Organize PDF pages by rotating, inserting, deleting, extracting, cropping, etc.
- Password protects your PDF.
- Share PDFs with others via a link, QR Code, or email.
- Compress the PDF to the size you need.
- Play the PDF in slideshow mode.
- UPDF has a beautiful and user-friendly user interface that ensures zero learning curve and eliminates the requirement for video training.
- Its fast speed and high performance are unmatched by any other PDF writer for Mac.
- One license for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- It allows you to store the files in Cloud and access them anywhere and anytime via UPDFCloud.
- The price is very cheap. You only need to pay USD59.99 to get a lifetime license.
- The free version has some limitations, like converting 2 files at one time in batch processing.
2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is a cloud-based PDF writer for Mac. This software is a full suite of PDF tools that lets you view, sign, and annotate PDF documents. All PDF documents written using this software can also be stored in the Adobe Documents Cloud.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC allows users to edit PDF documents by highlighting, striking off, or underlining specific texts. You can also add comments or notes in the source file which will be visible in the final PDF document.
- The software is packed with features and is extremely easy to use.
- The app is very fast and enables quick PDF editing.
- This is industry-grade software and is recognized and used by some of the best organizations across the globe.
- Some aspects of the app are quite technical and the verbiage used may not be very easy for a layman to understand.
- There have been some past reports of file corruption in the software.
- Many features are not available to free users. These features can only be accessed by upgrading to a premium license which is very expensive.
3. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is another popular PDF writer for Mac. It helps to read, convert and change text and images on your PDF files. While this tool is fully on-premises, it allows you to sync PDF files across devices.
- The overall experience with the app is great and every feature is implemented well.
- The app is extremely easy to set up and use on Macbooks.
- Multiple PDF files can be managed easily.
- The OCR capabilities of the app are not up to the mark.
- The app is also quite expensive.
- Some of the advanced features are slightly difficult to find.
PDFpen is a comprehensive PDF writer for Mac. Users of the app can easily add signatures, text, and images and create a PDF file. The app offers OCR scanning capabilities and allows you to make changes and correct typos very easily. The PDF files you write using this app can be saved to iCloud, Evernote, and many other Cloud services.
- The advanced features of the app are available with a pro version called the PDFpenPro and this is not very expensive.
- Basic PDF actions can be easily done using this tool.
- The app does not very feature-rich when compared to other PDF writers for Mac.
- There have also been reports of the app crashing frequently on some Macbook versions.
Skim is a note taker on Mac and PDF writer for Mac. The app was designed to help manage and annotate scientific papers in PDF. However, the app has evolved into a complete PDF manager. Skim requires OS X 10.10 or higher.
- It is extremely easy to use.
- The app comes with a good set of features and has good customer support.
- The split display feature of this app allows you to view two documents simultaneously.
- The app does not offer good collaboration and sync features. This makes it slightly difficult for a team to work on the same PDF document at the same time.
- Some of the annotations done using this software are not easily visible in other PDF tools.
Indeed, Macbook owners are spoilt for choice when it comes to picking a PDF writer for Mac. And here, we list the top 5 PDF writers for Mac after testing many different apps. However, considering the features, ease of use, and cost-effectiveness, UPDF is easily the best one. You can download the free trial version of UPDF here to try.
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs
- Top 4 PowerPoint Alternatives in 2023
- How to Create a Poster in PowerPoint