Pictures and visuals help us retain more than plain text. This is one of the main reasons that modern documents almost always contain pictures. Since PDF format has become the standard for sharing documents these days, it is likely that you will need to include pictures in PDF documents as well. Sometimes, you may also be required to insert a picture into PDF on Mac. This article details how you can add images to PDF on Mac.
The Best Tool to Add Image to PDF on Mac
If you are looking to add photos to pdf on Mac, the UPDF - PDF editor is your best bet. UPDF is a software that enables you to edit text, images and links in PDF format. It is an extremely powerful tool that helps you accomplish almost any action you wish to with a PDF document.
UPDF is a modern tool that enables you to edit images very easily and quickly. You can resize, reposition, replace, copy, delete or crop the images in a PDF document. All these actions require a zero learning curve. The interface of the tool is extremely intuitive and comes with helpful snap-to guidelines.
UPDF can also help you to organize your pages in the PDF document very easily. One can reorder, add, delete or rotate pages inside a PDF document. This tool has gained immense popularity since its launch because it allows you to easily view and edit the text in PDF documents. You can also annotate PDF document using this tool.
The best part of this tool is that it works seamlessly for small and large files alike. The tool is available on Windows and Mac operating systems and has some great reviews to its credit.
How to Add Photo to PDF on Mac
If you are looking to add a picture to a PDF on Mac, UPDF editor can help you within a few clicks. Follow the below steps to quickly insert a picture into a PDF on Mac.
Step 1 - Open a PDF
Launch the UPDF app on your Mac, and click the "Open File" button that appears on the main interface of the app. This button launches an explorer window from which you can select the PDF file into which you wish to add an image to PDF Mac.
Step 2 - Edit Mode
Now click on the "Edit PDF" button that appears on the top toolbar or on the left sidebar. Both these options render the same function of revealing the PDF editing tools. We will use this section to add images to PDF Mac.
Step 3 - Add Picture to PDF on Mac
You can now easily add photos to PDF Mac. Simply click on the "Image" icon as shown in the below screenshot and select the images from your MacBook to insert.
Step 4 - Edit the Picture
Now that you were able to successfully add pictures to PDF on Mac, you can also edit the pictures in the PDF document. UPDF allows you to easily edit the position and size of the images. You can also choose to crop the images in the PDF documents as your requirements.
Video Tutorial on How to Add an Image into PDF on Mac
How to Insert Images to a PDF with Preview Mac
You can add images to PDF on Mac using MacBook's Preview feature even though copy-paste of images is not allowed in this app. There is a hacky way to add images to PDF on Mac. You may follow the below steps to accomplish this in Preview Mac -
- In Mac Finder, locate the image to add to your PDF file. Right-click on the image and select "Open With" > "Preview" from the menu.
- When Preview opens, press "Command + A" on your Mac keyboard and select the entire image.
- Now you may press "Command + C" to copy the image. You can now press "Command + V" to paste the image, and the new copy of your image covers the original image. While both images look the same, the one that you just pasted has now become an object that can be pasted into a PDF if we copy it again.
- Copy this object image by pressing "Command + C".
- Next, find the PDF that you want to paste the image into in Finder. Open this file in the Mac Preview tool. Scroll to the PDF page that you want to add your image to and paste the image by pressing "Command + V".
- You can now close the document and your changes will be saved.
Indeed there are several ways to add photos to PDF on Mac. However, using the Preview feature to achieve this is quite hacky and cumbersome. Other alternatives like Adobe Reader are very expensive and heavy. UPDF stands out as the perfect PDF image editor which is extremely cost effective and produces very high quality results. In addition to the PDF editing options, UPDF also provides password protection and electronical signature features which makes it much more superior than other tools available in the app stores. UPDF is a great tool choice and makes PDF editing easy and enjoyable.
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint