Apple often comes up with new versions of macOS and each incremental version comes with new and upgraded features. The beta program provides users a chance to try out the new OS and its features. However, it is likely that once you have tried out the beta version and the generally available macOS version is out, you will need to install macOS 13 Ventura or remove macOS Ventura Beta. This article details how to install macOS 13 Ventura and how to remove macOS Ventura Beta from your MacBook.
- Part 1. How to Install macOS 13 Ventura
- Part 2. Warnings and Tips for Installing macOS 13 Ventura
- Part 3. How to Remove macOS Ventura and Downgrade to macOS 12 Monterey
- Part 4. The Best PDF App for Mac (Compatible with All macOS Systems)
You must remember that whenever you are upgrading or installing a new macOS version, you are dealing with all your data and programs installed on your macOS. Therefore, it is imperative that you are extremely careful and ensure to backup your Mac and all the files on your MacBook. Only once you have taken a backup of the programs and data should you actually proceed to install macOS 13 Ventura.
You may follow the below steps to install macOS 13 Ventura on your MacBook.
Time Machine is a built-in backup feature in macOS. This feature allows you to backup all your apps, pictures, music, documents, and personal data. Follow the below steps to backup your Mac with Time Machine -
- Firstly, you must connect an external storage device like a USB or Thunderbolt device to your MacBook.
- From the upper left corner of your screen, click on the apple menu and select system preferences. Launch Time Machine feature.
- Click on Backup disk.
- Select the name of your disk and click on 'Use Device'.
- Time Machine now creates a disk backup.
You may also choose to backup your data with iCloud Drive if you have enough storage capacity by following the below steps -
- Launch system preferences.
- Click on Apple ID and select iCloud.
- Click on 'Options' associated with iCloud drive.
- Check the box for Desktop & Documents Folders and click "Done" to finish.
You may now sign in to your apple account and find macOS 13 Ventura on the downloads page.
- Find "macOS 13 beta" and you may click on "Install Profile" next to the listing and the .pkg file will download on to your system. You may now double-click the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg to run the macOS Ventura installer.
- In the pop up Do you want to allow downloads on "developer.apple.com"? You need to click the "Allow" option.
- Open your downloads folder on your Finder and double click the file named "macOS13DeveloperBetaAccessUtility" and you may now launch the installer and follow the installer to install macOS 13 Ventura.
It is important to take note of some warnings and tips as you install macOS 13 Ventura -
- It is extremely important to ensure that your MacBook system can support the new operating system version. Therefore, it is imperative to check system and operating system compatibility prior to installing the new macOS 13 Ventura.
- It is very important to take a full backup of all your files and applications as any operating system install time failure could lead to a permanent loss of your data.
- While installing macOS 13 Ventura you must ensure to plugin your MacBook and keep it charging. This is extremely important as the system reboots several times during the installation process.
- It is always a good idea to create a second volume or external drive and install the macOS 13 Ventura onto this volume to avoid any disruption to your existing system and corresponding operations.
If your latest update to macOS Ventura is causing you havoc because your applications or system is not functioning as expected, it is likely that you will want to downgrade to the final version of macOS 12 Monterey. Below are the steps to achieve the downgrade -
If you are enrolled in the macOS 13 Ventura Beta program and you wish to downgrade to the final version of macOS 12 Monterey, you must first leave the beta program. This can be done from the Software Update section in System Preferences.
- First, you need to open the "System Preferences" on your Mac computer.
- Second, find the "Software Update" option and click on it.
- Third, under the cog icon, you can click the "Details…" option now.
- Then you need to click the "Restore Defaults" button to leave the macOS 13 Ventura.
- Once you opt out of the program, you will no longer receive beta updates. However, it is important to note that this does not downgrade your system to macOS 12 Monterey.
It is now time to remove the macOS 13 Ventura Beta from your Mac. There are a few ways to do so. The method you pick must depend on the specific version of macOS you wish to revert to and whether you made a backup.
It is easy to downgrade from a beta to macOS Monterey or an earlier macOS. However, downgrading to anything predating High Sierra is difficult because Apple deployed a new file system from High Sierra. The simple way is to install the current version of macOS via Software Update.
Follow the below steps to reinstall macOS 12 Monterey -
- Click the "System Preferences" from the Mac menu bar.
- Again, you need to click on the "Software Update" option.
- Your Mac will start searching for the update. When you see a confirmation that an update is available for your Mac, you can click on "More info" to get the lowdown on what the update brings. Click "Update Now" when you are ready to update your Mac.
- You will see a different prompt to update and restart your Mac. You can choose Not Now or Restart, depending on whether now is a good time for your Mac to be out of action for half an hour or more.
If you are looking for the best PDF app for Mac, your best bet is to choose UPDF. UPDF is a modern tool blessed with a delightful interface. UPDF makes your work with multiple PDF documents very seamless. All types of users can quickly get started with the tool.
UPDF offers almost any action that you would like to perform on a PDF document. You can edit text, read the PDF file in a very eyes-friendly PDF reader, convert the PDF to other formats, annotate PDFs, organise PDF pages and even easily manage PDF files and navigate through them.
UPDF is a cross platform tool that enables you to edit images very easily and quickly. You can resize, replace, extract, insert, delete or crop the images in a PDF document. All these actions require a zero learning curve. The interface of the tool is extremely intuitive and comes with helpful snap-to guidelines.
UPDF is explicitly designed to meet the desire of most users for a stunning yet very comprehensible interface that is not just only for beginners. Start to use it today!
- Simple Methods to Edit Link in PDF
- Top 10 PDF Link Editor
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF