Filling out PDF forms digitally is the best way to prevent the use of pen and paper at work. Only some people are fans of chunks of writing. It's the best and quick way to solve modern problems.
As technology progresses, you will have to deal with types of situations. Preparing yourself ahead for the future is a clever way to outsmart your competitors. That's why you need to learn how to fill out a PDF form on Mac. This article will guide you on how to do it with three methods, and at the end of the article, you will find a detailed comparison of the three methods.
- Method 1. How to Fill in a Non-Interactive PDF Form on Mac with UPDF
- Method 2. How to Fill Out a PDF Form on Mac with Preview
- Method 3. How to Fill Out a PDF Form on Mac with Acrobat
Method 1. How to Fill in a Non-Interactive PDF Form on Mac
Non-interactive PDF forms are about marking the checkboxes or filling out the static fill-in-the-blanks. Filling in a non-interactive PDF form on Mac is pretty easy if you have a PDF editor. PDF editors are the only way to penetrate any PDF file. You can't access or edit its content without having a PDF editor. For this purpose, we'll use UPDF.
UPDF is an all-in-one PDF software that allows you to view, read, annotate, convert, organize, and much more. The user interface is so friendly that no one has to learn how to use it. The tool itself is explanatory. More importantly, it's a powerful tool and can handle heavy tasks. Currently, it doesn't have the feature of filling out interactive forms. Still, you can edit and fill the non-interactive PDF forms using its editing tools.
- Edit PDF: It allows you to edit every content present in the PDF document. From text to images, you can easily insert, delete, edit, copy, cut, and paste them.
- Read PDF: You will get one of the best reading experiences. It provides different viewing modes to read PDF documents.
- Convert PDF: It allows you to convert your PDF files to other formats, such as Word, Excel, PPT, image, HTML, XML, etc.
- Organize PDF Pages: You can also rotate, replace, insert, extract, split, crop, reorder or rearrange the pages by dragging and dropping the page's thumbnails.
- OCR: With Optical -Character Recognition (OCR), you can scan scanned PDF documents and convert them into editable PDFs.
Well, these are some features that you'll find in UPDF. Now, move forward on how to fill out a PDF form on Mac using it:
Step 1: Open a PDF
To fill in a PDF form, you need to open the file. Click on the "Open File" button and select the file from your device. Click the "Open" button to open the PDF file on your Mac.
Step 2: Fill in PDF Form with the "Text Box" Tool
Click on the "Comment" icon on the left vertical toolbar. You'll see different markups at the top of the page.
Now, you can add text boxes and fill text in the box where you want to make a statement or point. Simply click on the "Text Box" icon above and place it where you desire.
Step 3. Fill in PDF Form with the "Text" Tool
Alternatively, you can go to the "Edit PDF" mode. There is also a "Text" option for you to add text to the PDF form.
That's how simple it is to fill in the non-interactive PDF forms on Mac. Here I want to show you several images of the PDF form I use UPDF to create and fill. I think it is very simple to use this tool to do the task.
Form Example 1:
Form Example 2:
But if your PDF form is an interactive form, you can use the following 2 methods.
Method 2. How to Fill Out an Interactive PDF Form on Mac with Preview
There's another method to fill out an interactive PDF form on your Mac device, and it's completely free. But this method has some disadvantages as well. You can't wholly rely on Mac's Preview app. It doesn't have the kind of advanced features like OCR that you would find on UPDF or Adobe Acrobat DC.
Steps of Filling out Forms on Mac Preview:
- Step 1: Open up the PDF form on the Preview app you want to fill.
- Step 2: Click the "Show Form Filling Toolbar" button.
- Step 3: Everything is now set for filling in the empty spaces. Check on the fields and start typing your text. After filling it out, you can save and export it to PDF format.
Using the Mac Preview app to fill out PDF forms may also come with some disadvantages.
- Accessible and straightforward to use
- Built-in Mac application
- Limited features
- Some restricted sharing options
- Only available on Mac Platforms
- It doesn't detect objects on scanned PDFs
- Limited shapes.
Considering that there are no advanced features in Preview, you can switch it to UPDF. UPDF offers more features, including the AI-powered OCR feature to turn scanned PDFs into searchable and editable PDFs, the smooth editing feature to let you make changes to the existing text and images, the convert feature to enable you to convert PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Try it now.
Method 3. How to Fill Out a PDF Form on Mac with Adobe Acrobat
Filling out PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat is almost similar to UPDF. Here's the step-by-step guide on how to fill out PDF forms on Mac using Adobe Acrobat:
- Step 1: Open Adobe Acrobat and import the PDF document file that needs to be filled.
- Step 2: Click the "Fill & Sign" button on the right toolbar.
- Step 3: Now, select text boxes and fill the form by adding text into fields. You can also add checkmarks to fill the checkboxes or radio buttons.
- Step 4: After finalizing the forms, you can save and share the PDF with others.
As we all know that Adobe Acrobat is very expensive, and you need to pay $239.88 per year for the Pro DC version. So many people switch to an Adobe Acrobat alternative to enjoy the same feature but at a much more reasonable price. UPDF is one of the best choices, as it is the most cost-effective one among all the competitors, and it offers a complete PDF toolkit. Give it a shot. If you still have doubts, you can check the comparison chart among the three tools to make a wise decision.
Comparing the Three Methods to Fill out PDF on Mac
So far, you've seen how to fill out PDF on Mac using three different tools. You would be wondering which way to go. That's why we've prepared a comparison table of these tools to help you to find the right one.
|Platforms||Pricing||Ease of Use||Interface||OCR||Edit PDF||Convert PDF||Slideshow||Stickers|
|UPDF||$29.99/Year||4.8||UPDF has a friendly and attractive interface to give users a delightful experience.||Yes||Yes||PDF to Word, Excel, csv, PPT, HTML, XML, Text, RTF, Images (JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF)||Yes||Yes|
|Preview||Free||4.6||General||No||No||PDF to JPEG and PNG||No||No|
|Adobe Acrobat||$239.88/Year||4.3||A little complicated to use, especially for beginners.||Yes||Yes||PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, HTML, XML, Text, RTF, Images (JPEG, PNG, TIFF)||No||No|
Every tool has its own set of features that helps users to fulfill their tasks. Similarly, every user has requirements that can only be fulfilled by a specific tool that holds the elements required to complete the job. Some people prefer to work with multiple free tools. To save money on tools, they put productivity at high risk. Don't be shy about spending a bit on tools; it'll help you increase productivity and workflow.
In the same way, the article on how to fill out PDF forms on Mac gives you three choices to make. It's up to you which way you want to go. Seeing the comparison chart closely, UPDF would be an exciting choice for filling out your PDF documents on Mac. It comes with a low-price tag and has the many same features as Acrobat. You can check the detailed comparison between Adobe Acrobat and UPDF. UPDF has more advanced features when compared with Preview, and it has a more cost-effective price when compared with Acrobat. What are you waiting for? Try it now.
- Sign PDF
- Top 30 Best Birthday Wishes for Love
- Top 30 Best Birthday Wishes for Grandson
- Top 30 Birthday Wishes for Your Sister
- Top 30 Birthday Wishes for a Friend
- Top 30 Birthday Wishes for Sister-in-Law
- How to Fill in a PDF Form in 3 Methods
- Top 6 Super-Easy PDF Form Fillers on Mac
- How to Create a Fillable PDF on Mac
- How to Fill Out a 1099 Form - Miscellaneous Income