UPDF lets you set the preferences for UPDF. You can set your preferences according to your need. It offers the following selections:
To open the preferences settings, click on the "UPDF" from the menu and select "Preferences", or you can press "⌘ ," to open the preferences settings.
In the General tab, you'll find the following settings:
- Show Menu Bar Extras: You can enable or disable the quick PDF creation feature on the Mac screen.
- Quit UPDF when all windows are closed: This option is disabled by default. Enabling this feature will end the application if you close all the PDF windows in UPDF.
- Align elements automatically: You can enable or disable a switch in elements auto-alignment by long pressing the "Option" key shortcut.
Show Menu Bar Extras in Options settings enables the extra features on the menu bar right above your Mac's screen. It includes the following features:
- Blank Page: This option can help you create a blank PDF document and open it with UPDF.
- PDF from Selection Capture: This option will help you create a PDF from Selection Capture and open it with UPDF.
- PDF from Window Capture: This option will help you create a PDF from Window Capture and open it with UPDF.
- PDF from Screen Capture: This option will help you create a PDF from Screen Capture and open it with UPDF.
This option is enabled by default, and if you want to disable it, uncheck it to disable the extra menu bar feature.
The View preferences allow you to customize your viewing/reading experience. In the View tab, you can set the default page layout, default page zoom, default left panel, and default mode.
- Default Page Layout
UPDF offers four types of Page Layout (Single Page View, Single Page Scrolling, Two Page View, Two Page Scrolling). Choose any of these modes to set the default page layout. All of your PDF documents will be displayed as per your selected view.
Note: Just below the thumbnails of Default Page Layout, there's an option "Show Cover Page in Two Page View". By checking this box, it'll show the cover page of your PDF document when you use "Two Page View."
- Default Page Zoom
The "Default Page Zoom" option allows you to set the default page zoom. You can choose the page zoom by percentage or by height, width, or page fit (Actual Size, Fit Width, Fit Height, Fit Page, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, 300%, 500%).
- Default Left Panel
You can also adjust the Default Left Panel according to your preferences. The Default Left Panel offers three choices:
- Hide Sidebar: By selecting this option, you can hide the Thumbnails and Bookmarks panels by default.
- Show Thumbnails: By enabling this option, the Thumbnails will be visible to the left panel by default.
- Show Bookmarks: It'll only show the Bookmarks to the left panel by default.
- Default Mode
Default Mode contains three options: Reader mode, Comment mode, and the Edit Text & Images mode. It will enter into the corresponding modes you selected when you open a PDF by default.
Commenting Toolbar Setting
In the Commenting > Toolbar section, you can set the preferences for continuously commenting. You can decide whether you keep the comment tool selected for continuously commenting or not.
- Keep the comment tools selected: Select this option to enable the feature of adding comments continuously.
- Don't keep the comment tools selected: Selecting this option means that you don't want to add comments continuously. You can single-click on the comment tool to add once, or double-click to keep comment tools selected.
Author: Name Used for Comments
Every time you comment on the document, it will display a name with the comment. In this section, you can set the name used for commenting on PDFs.
To add or change the author's name, type the name in the text field to modify or replace it.