Forms are an important part of digital documents, which you have to deal with regularly. You may need to fill out PDF forms when using digital services like surveys, job applications, voter registration, tax returns, etc. For your work, you might also need to create PDF forms from scratch. All these situations require you to have the best PDF form filler for Mac. Here are the top 6 choices for you and at the end of the article, we compare the 6 tools in detail from every aspect.
Part 1: 6 Best PDF Fillers on Mac
There are many PDF form fillers for Mac available in the market. If you want to know which tool is the best for you to use, it depends on your requirements. Below, we have discussed the top 6 PDF filler available on Mac with their core features, pros, and cons:
1. UPDF for Mac
UPDF is the best PDF form filler for Mac available in the market. It has many premium features at low-cost that you can use to view, read, annotate, convert, protect, OCR, and share PDF files. Multiple options are available when creating PDF forms from scratch to give your PDF forms a professional look.
You can sign your PDF forms using handwritten signatures using this tool. It also allows you to add customized watermarks and stamps to your PDF documents. During the editing process, you can also add links to PDF.
- Using the highlight feature of this tool, you can add notes to highlighted sentences in your PDF documents to differentiate them.
- It allows you to add comments in PDF documents in the form of sticky notes. The sticky notes can be added in multiple colors and anywhere in your documents.
- If you want to protect your PDF documents, it allows you to add multiple security options. You can add a password to the whole document or add restrictions on different functions in the PDF documents.
- You can use its OCR feature to convert scanned PDF forms to editable PDF forms saving you from the trouble of creating these from scratch.
- You can convert PDF files into Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Image, Text, HTML, XML, and other formats.
- You can also edit the metadata of your PDF documents to provide a professional look and easy to sort and store.
- The best thing about this PDF form filler is that you can use its one license on all your devices. This makes it the best cost-efficient PDF tool.
- The processing speed of PDF files with UPDF is blazing fast, so you can handle multiple PDF edits easily.
- This PDF form filler has a delightful interface, making the process smoothen and entertaining.
- The OCR tool of this tool supports 38 languages which is the largest number of supported languages in all the available OCR tools.
- When using the UPDF, you can convert 5 scanned PDFs to editable formats for free.
2. Adobe Acrobat for Mac
Adobe Acrobat for Mac is the oldest PDF editor in the market that can also work as a PDF filler on Mac. Using it, you can fill out a PDF form on Mac according to your requirements. You can add, create, delete, enable, and drag and drop fields anywhere in PDF form. It can also identify static fields in PDF form and convert these to editable fields by using its OCR tool.
- When organizing PDF files, you can add, delete, or change the page order using this tool. It also allows you to crop, rotate, and export pages in PDF documents. The PDF documents can also be combined or split depending on your needs.
- You can secure your PDF forms and other documents using digital and electronic signatures. Digital signatures are safer and more secure than e-signatures. The signatures in this tool can be customized.
- The PDF converter feature of Adobe Acrobat is highly compatible with the MS Office suite. It can convert your PDF document to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- You can convert web pages to PDF using its HTML-to-PDF conversion feature. It is possible to convert an entire web page or a specified portion to a PDF. If you need, you combine multiple web pages to create a single PDF file.
- It is also possible to remove security restrictions from a PDF document or form using this tool. The password on a PDF file and the security restriction inside the document can be removed.
- This Adobe Acrobat for Mac will cost you over US$239.88 per year, which is very expensive.
- Its interface is crammed with features that can be overwhelming.
- It is hard for beginners to master and learn.
3. Preview for Mac
Preview for Mac is the default program for viewing PDF documents on macOS devices. It also works as a free PDF filler for Mac when dealing with PDF forms. Since its primary functionality revolves around viewing PDF and other files, the PDF editing features in this tool are limited. While you can fill an interactive or editable PDF form using Preview for Mac, it is not possible to create a PDF form from scratch inside it.
When dealing with PDF forms, you can use this tool to find text and interact with text in pictures. It also provides you the ability to sign your PDF forms.
- You can compress your PDF documents to resize them when exporting a PDF document. There will not be any loss in document quality when using compression.
- When using the annotation features in Preview for mac, you can use options like sketching, drawing, signing, changing text color, changing the border color, etc. It also allows you to redact parts of PDF documents depending on your needs.
- It is also possible to add speech bubbles and notes in your PDF document when adding comments. You can use features like highlighting, underlining, and strikethrough on text in a PDF document or form to fully utilize the comments feature.
- There is also an option to add different color effects to your PDF forms or documents. You can use quartz filters in Preview for Mac to change the PDF color to black and white. You can also apply a "Sepia Tone" to PDFs.
- Preview for Mac is primarily a viewer tool, so its functions regarding editing, annotating, and organizing PDF files are lacking compared to other PDF editors.
4. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a PDF form filler for Mac that you can use to fill or create PDF forms. It allows you to fill out text and number fields in PDF forms easily. When filling calculation fields, all you need to insert are numeric values, and PDF Expert will automatically calculate the results and update the fields. The checkboxes and radio buttons are also supported when filling out a PDF form.
It allows you to sign and redact any information in your PDF forms. If the PDF form is non-interactive, you can use its OCR tool to make them editable or use annotating tool to fill out the form.
- PDF Expert allows you to add stamps to your PDF forms or documents. You can also create customized stamps suitable for your workflow.
- When editing a PDF document, you can change text, modify images and add links. You can also add or remove pages to resize a PDF document.
- Using its PDF converter tool, you can convert your PDF files to Word, Text, Image, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- It provides different enhanced scan options to fix distortions in your PDF documents. You can also remove shadows and improve contrast in PDF files.
- The OCR tool of PDF Expert can recognize text in scanned PDFs and images and can search, highlight and copy text.
- PDF Expert is only available for devices in the Apple ecosystem, like Mac and iOS devices.
- Compared to UPDF, PDF Expert lacks the feature to convert PDF to HTML, XML, Text, and RTF, etc.
- It charges US$79.99 per year, which is more expensive than UPDF which only charges US$39.99 per year.
5. PDF Form Filler for Mac
PDF Form Filler for Mac is a dedicated PDF form filler tool. Due to being a dedicated tool, the process of filling out a PDF form using this tool is simple and fast. It provides the three primary features add text, image, and checkboxes needed to fill out the majority of PDF forms.
All the actions performed in PDF Form Filler for Mac are embedded into documents. The tool is very lightweight and extremely efficient. It also allows you to add signatures to PDF forms.
- The Add text feature allows you to easily fill out the text and numerical fields in PDF forms. When adding text, you can change font style, size, and color to your needs.
- You can use the image feature of PDF Form Filler to add, rotate and crop images in a PDF form.
- Checkmark buttons are essential to any PDF form, and you can easily add or edit them using this tool.
- The interface of the PDF form filler is very simple and user-friendly as it is a dedicated PDF form-filling tool.
- When done with filling out your PDF forms, you can easily share them via email attachment with others.
- The PDF Form Filler is only available for Mac and has very limited functionalities for filling out PDF forms.
6. Cisdem PDFMaster for Mac
Cisdem PDFMaster for Mac is a PDF editor that can be used to fill PDF forms. It provides support for easily filling out different fields within a PDF form. Multiple annotation tools are available for you to use when creating a PDF form. You can also sign a PDF form with customized signatures to prove your identification. Your PDF forms can be secured using multiple options like adding document-password, introducing function restrictions, changing metadata, etc.
- The PDF converter feature of Cisdem PDFMaster provides support for converting PDF to a wide array of formats like EPUB, RTF, KEY, HTML, TXT, etc.
- You can use the Pencil tool to draw and sketch different details on PDF forms and documents. It is especially helpful when dealing with non-interactive PDFs.
- Depending on your needs, you can merge multiple PDFs into a single PDF file or split a large PDF file into multiple PDFs.
- You can remove editing, printing, and copying restrictions from PDF documents. If you have forgotten the password, you can use the brute force method to remove all restrictions.
- It supports the batch creation of PDF files from multiple files with different file formats. The formats supported for PDF creation include Text, RTFD, HTML, EPUB, CHM, images, Word, Excel, etc.
- The editing and annotating features in Cisdem PDFMaster are lackluster compared to other premium PDF tools.
Part 2: Compare the 6 Best PDF Form Fillers for Mac
We have above mentioned the top 6 PDF form fillers for Mac in detail. However, to make it easier for you to understand, below is a comparison table of these 6 PDF tools:
|Tools||UPDF||Adobe Acrobat for Mac||Preview for Mac||PDF Expert||PDF Form Filler for Mac||Cisdem PDFMaster for Mac|
|Annual: US$239.88||Free||Yearly: US$79.99|
|Systems||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Online||Mac||Mac, iOS||Mac||Mac|
|Fill Out PDF Forms|
|Create PDF Forms|
|Edit PDF Text|
|Convert PDF||support to converting PDF to Word, Excel,PPT, Text, Images (PNG, JPG, GIF), RTF, HTML, XML, PDF/A, CSV, BMP, TIFF||not support CSV, BMP, GIF||Can't convert PDF||not support converting PDF to RTF, HTML, XML, PDF/A, CSV, BMP, GIF, TIFF||support converting PDF to PPT, Excel, Word,||support converting PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, Image, EPUB, HTML, RTF, Text|
|Easy to Use||4.8||3.9||4.2||4.3||4.5||4.3|
Compared 6 tools listed in the chart above, UPDF clearly stands out among the other 5 form fillers. It has all the features that users need but with lower price, which is definitely cost-effective for users.
FAQs about 6 Form Fillers on Mac
1. Is There a Free PDF Form Filler for Mac?
Yes, many free PDF form fillers are available for Mac in the market, but they are not professionally distinct and can disturb the formatting of your PDF form. If you want an effective PDF form filler for your Mac at a low cost, you can use UPDF, as a single license of this tool can work on all the devices it supports, including Windows, Android, and iOS.
2. How Do I Fill in a PDF That is Not Fillable?
If you want to fill a PDF form that is not fillable, it can be done with the help of UPDF's robust tools. You can use the "Text Box" feature of this PDF form filler to add text to the form's fields. The added text can also be customized, which includes changing the font size, style, or color.
3. How Do I Create a Fillable PDF Form for Free on Mac?
If you want to create a fillable PDF form on Mac for your business or personal work, we will recommend you use UPDF. This tool will allow you to add text boxes in multiple colors or sizes. Along with that, you can add shapes with this tool to make your PDF form more professional.
With the world slowly moving towards being paperless, PDF forms will become a staple for every job application to every survey. The ability to create fillable PDF forms and fill them is a hassle-free activity that frees you from using printers, pens, fax machines, etc. Since users' need for filling PDF forms will increase with time, it is best to get a great PDF editor with versatile form-filling features.
UPDF is the tool we recommend you to download and use as it offers a wide variety of premium features at a meager cost. With regular updates, UPDF will always be there for you when you need to perform any edit in the PDF.
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint