As the creator of the PDF format as we know it today, Adobe Acrobat has long been the go-to solution for most people seeking to create and edit PDF documents. But as the market has expanded, numerous other tools have appeared on the market with their own perspective on how to create and edit PDFs on Mac.
Therefore, you don't have to use Adobe Acrobat for Mac if you don't want to. Instead, you can choose from one of the following Adobe Acrobat Mac alternatives.
A-List of the Best Adobe Acrobat Alternatives on Mac
UPDF is one of the new and revolutionary PDF management tools to hit the market with the main aim of simplifying how you create and edit PDF documents. It is a completely free-to-use and all-in-one editor, meaning that you will not need to install any additional programs to support its functionality. Whatever you need to do for your PDF document, UPDF can help you accomplish it.
It also doesn't hurt that the user interface is designed to make it easy for you to find any tool you need. You don't need any technical skills to use UPDF and there is no learning curve. The following are some of its key features:
- It is the most efficient PDF editor that you can find. It allows you to edit the text (add and delete text, change font type, size, and color) and also edit images (add, delete crop, rotate and replace images).
- It is also one of the best ways to read PDF documents, complete with annotation tools that you can use to highlight and underline text, strikeout text, and even add comments and notes.
- It allows you to reorganize the pages on your PDF document by rearranging them or even deleting some of the pages.
- The advanced OCR function allows you to easily edit scanned PDF documents.
- You can also use it to protect your PDF document in numerous ways. You can choose to add a password and other permissions to restrict access.
- It is the best way to create and fill PDF forms.
- It also comes with a built-in PDF converter, allowing you to convert PDFs to other formats and vice versa.
2. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a complete PDF reading and editing tool that you can use in place of Adobe Acrobat for Mac. On top of allowing you to edit all aspects of the document including the text and images, PDF Expert can also be used to annotate the PDF by adding notes, and comments and highlighting the text on the document. It has e-signature capabilities, making it a great solution when you need to sign contracts electronically as all signatures added using this tool are all valid and binding.
The user interface is friendly enough that you can create and edit PDF documents even if it is your first time using the program. It also integrates with other tools to make collaboration easy.
- It has a very user-friendly interface that makes it very easy to use
- You can manage the pages of the PDF document and even merge multiple documents into one
- It can convert PDF documents to other formats
- It allows you to easily transfer files between your Mac and other iOS devices
- The free trial version is very limited
- It lacks document protection features
PDFpen for Mac is a great alternative to Adobe Acrobat for Mac with many useful features that will allow you to create and edit PDF documents in various ways. Although the user interface may not be very user-friendly, all the tools you need to make changes to the document are available to you.
There are a lot of annotation options that allow this program to be one of the best tools you would need if you want to collaborate on a document. It also has an OCR function that you can use to edit scanned PDFs.
- It is a powerful way to create and edit PDF documents
- You can redact personal information from any PDF document for security reasons
- It is also one of the best ways to scan and fill forms
- It is also one of the best ways to annotate any PDF document.
- The free trial version will add a watermark to the document
- The user interface on PDFpen is not very easy to use
4. Foxit PhantomPDF
Like Adobe Acrobat, Foxit PhantomPDF is a tool designed to help you through the entire process of creating and editing PDF documents. It is also one of the oldest tools in the market with the necessary expertise to provide the best PDF management experience of any tool in the market.
You can use it to create, edit, convert PDFs to other formats and even merge PDFs to a variety of formats. It has a simple user interface that makes it easy to use, although it is very expensive.
- This Adobe Acrobat mac alternative can be used to create and edit PDFs, including fill PDFs
- It integrates with other programs to facilitate easy collaboration
- It has powerful annotation features that will come in handy when reading a PDF document
- It comes with a free trial, but the premium version is expensive.
5. Sejda PDF Desktop Pro
This Adobe Acrobat alternative for Mac comes with several editing features, designed to make document creation quick and easy. There is a limited free version of the program that only offers a handful of features, but is also quite useful in the conversion and editing of PDF text.
The full paid version of Sejda allows you to create PDFs, use the OCR function to edit scanned PDFs, and integrate with other tools for collaboration.
- It has a very simple user interface that makes editing very easy
- It is a complete solution to create, convert and edit PDFs
- You can use it to merge PDFs into a single document
- The free version is very limited in terms of functionality.
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF