The world is using smart and effective technologies to increase their workflow in less amount of time. One such example is using electronic signatures on PDFs to guarantee security and authenticity. Moreover, electronic signatures are recognized and supported globally as a legal way to indicate someone's reliability. In this article, you can learn how to sign PDFs on Mac with efficient and cost-effective tools.
- Part 1: What is an Electronic Signature?
- Part 2: When Do you Need to Use an Electronic Signature?
- Part 3: How Do I Add a Signature to a PDF on Mac for Free?
- Part 4: How to Add a Signature to PDF in Preview Mac?
- Part 5: How Can I Sign a PDF Online?
Part 1: What is an Electronic Signature?
To ease the workflow of business organizations and academic fields, electronic signatures are used as the replacement for handwritten signatures. This type of signature is used in electronic documents to show the approval, verification, or identification of a particular individual or organization. E-signatures can be in the form of anyone’s name, an image, or a hand-drawn electronic sign. The biggest benefit of electronic signatures is that they can replace traditional handwritten signatures effectively.
An electronic signature can be used in various professional fields as it is eco-friendly and cost-effective. Following are some of the areas where an electronic signature can be used:
- HR Department: The HR department of any organization can use an electronic signature to form a good impression on newly hired employees. It can accelerate the hiring process as HR officers can easily add e-signatures to the documents without any hassle.
- Legal Use: E-signatures have a huge demand in the legal field where individuals or organization can sign their contracts in a confidential way. Rather than going in person to sign certain legal documents, people can use an electronic signature to save their time and energy.
- Finance Department: The finance department can also take benefit of electronic signatures to check the purchasing orders. Finance officers can easily approve invoices or sales tax through e-signatures that ensure great security.
- Confidential Agreements: Rental and loan agreements can also use e-signatures to sign off their contracts while maintaining confidentiality. People can easily sign these important contracts while sitting at their homes to save their energy.
To add a signature to PDF Mac, the best tool you can use is UPDF for Mac, as it offers high compatibility with the Mac platform. This tool comes along with multiple options to edit and sign PDF files flawlessly.
You can type and draw the electronic signature on UPDF either through a mouse or trackpad. Moreover, you can control the thickness of the cursor while drawing the signature on UPDF. To add more creativity, you can change the color of the signature according to your preference.
- You can navigate to its editing feature to add or remove the text along with changing its alignment.
- Users don’t need to buy any subscription package or create an account to use this tool. You can reach and use its every advanced feature free of cost.
- Through its Share option, you can quickly export your PDF file across various platforms.
- UPDF enables the users to secure their documents by adding restrictions from executing editing or by adding the expiry date before sharing the PDF.
- You can add and delete PDF pages through UPDF to arrange your file in a well-structured manner.
How to Add Electronic Signature on Mac Using UPDF
Step 1: Open PDF File
Launch UPDF on your system and open its interface. Tap on the "Open File" button and browse the PDF file from your computer to upload it to this tool.
Step 2: Access the Sign Feature
Once the PDF file gets uploaded, tap on the "Comment" feature displayed above. This feature will display all the annotating options. Click on the "Sign" icon displayed on top and select the "Create Signature" option.
Step 3: Sign PDF on Mac
Then a small box will appear through which you can type or draw the electronic signature preferably. Then you can start creating your signature.
Step 3: Apply the Signature
After creating the signature, you can also change its thickness. Once done, click on the "Create" button and then put it on any specified part for applying it.
Video Tutorial on How to Sign a PDF on Mac
Preview is a built-in app for Mac users to open and edit PDF files. The user interface is simple and easy to operate and open the documents in their original quality. As it’s a built-in app on Mac, it offers fast processing speed and executes the given task in a timely manner.
Along with editing and opening PDF files, you can use the Preview app to sign PDF on Mac. Read the below instructions to add a signature to PDF Mac through Preview.
Step 1: Open the main user interface of the Preview app and import the PDF file that you want to sign. After importing the document, click on the "Markup Toolbar" from above. Now tap on the "Sign" option to create a signature.
Step 2: On the small displayed menu of "Sign," you can see two options "Camera" and "Trackpad." Click on "Trackpad" and draw your signature. You can add its description by giving it a name. Now click on the "Done" button to save it.
Step 3: Click on the signature that you have created recently and drag it to any place in the document. Apply the signature and adjust its size. Now go to the "File" button and tap on "Save" to save all the changes.
To sign documents on Mac, there are various online PDF tools. One of the best available online tools is Smallpdf. This tool ensures great results and assists the users in creating the electronic signatures perfectly. It has a great reputation among various well-recognized platforms. Moreover, you can use this tool to keep track of the unsigned documents effectively.
Hence, it's a complete online PDF tool that includes several basic and advanced functions for the users. Read the below steps to sign PDF on Mac using Smallpdf:
Step 1: Access the online website of Smallpdf and click on its feature called "eSign PDF."
Step 2: After clicking on the eSign feature, tap on the "Choose File" button. Browse the PDF file from your device and upload it to this tool.
Step 3: After uploading the file, you can see various options displayed on the right side to add a signature to your document. You can either type, draw, or upload the electronic signature instantly on this tool. Once done, click on "Finish and Sign" to end the process. Now you can download the PDF file by selecting the "Download" button.
Many Mac users are unaware of how to sign a document on Mac through reliable platforms. This article has opted for a simpler approach to signing PDF on Mac by using well-trusted tools. However, to access the best facilitating features, UPDF is at the top of the recommendation list.