If you have a PDF document that is so large, that you are unable to email it to anyone, you need a PDF compressor for Mac that will significantly reduce its size. But it is not enough to simply make the file smaller, you have to be able to do that without losing the original quality of the document.
This makes the choice of the PDF compressor you will use a very important one. In this guide, we seek to simplify this process for you by providing you with some of the best PDF compressors for Mac.
Top 6 PDF Optimizer on Mac
The following are some of the top PDF compressors for Mac that you can choose from:
1. UPDF - PDF Compressor for Mac
If you are looking for the best PDF compressor on Mac, UPDF is undoubtedly the best choice. The different compression modes of UPDF can better meet the needs of users. Four different options represent different compression qualities begins with "Save as Other" > "Reduce File Size" . That's sweet, right? UPDF has always been like this.
What else can UPDF do? The following are just some of the things UPDF can do:
- It is perhaps the best solution to open and read PDF documents. This is because it gives you access to a variety of annotation tools that you can use to add comments to the document, highlight text in PDF, make notes and so much more.
- It is also one of the easiest ways to edit the text on a PDF. You can change the text, fonts, size, and color of the text directly on the PDF.
- If you have any images on your document, you can use UPDF's built-in PDF editor to resize, crop, delete, replace, reposition or copy the image.
- It also gives you numerous options to organize the pages on the PDF document. You can extract, replace, insert, rotate, reorder, or delete any existing pages and you can also very easily add new pages.
Want to know how to compress PDF on Mac using UPDF? Watch this video.
2. Preview - the Default Mac PDF Compressor
Preview is an application that comes with macOS. This means that not only is it free, but it may already be familiar to you, making it a simpler solution than some third-party tools. Preview can be used to open various types of documents including PDFs and even comes with several editing tools that allow you to make various changes to the document.
Compressing large PDFs using preview is very simple. All you have to do is open the PDF document file and click on "File > Save As." In the popup that appears select "Reduce File Size" from the "Quartz Filter" drop-down menu and Preview will reduce the size of the document.
Preview is an attractive option for several reasons. It is free and very easy to use. But it lacks comprehensive editing features and you are not able to select the quality or your preferred size during the conversion.
3. Cisdem PDF Compressor for Mac
Cisdem PDF Compressor for Mac is a simple tool that you can use to change the size of any PDF document without losing the original quality of the document. It is a third-party tool and although some of its features may be available to you for free, you will have to purchase the program to use it in full.
One of the main benefits of choosing Cisdem PDF Compressor for Mac is that it can compress multiple files at the same time, allowing you to process a lot of documents very quickly. It is also very easy to use: just import the PDF that you want to compress into the program, choose a compression mode, and the compression process will start.
4. VeryPDF Compressor for Mac
VeryPDF Compressor for Mac is another very useful PDF compressor for Mac. It supports all versions of Mac and is very reliable, allowing you to compress as many PDF documents as you want without losing the quality of the document. It is also a flexible solution that gives you various options to help you compress the document just the way you want to.
If you work with numerous PDF documents at any given time, you will find VeryPDF Compressor for Mac to be a good companion and it does support batch processing. But the thing we love most about it is that it can retain the original quality, color, and presets during the compression.
5. Enolsoft PDF Compressor for Mac
Enolsoft is a third-party PDF management tool that can be used to compress large PDF documents into smaller sizes to make them easier to share. This tool does one thing very well, it compresses PDF documents. To simplify the process as much as possible, it has a very simple user interface, that allows you to compress as many PDF files as you want in 3 simple steps. To compress the PDF, simply drag and drop the file into the program's main interface, select the size and quality and the compression process will begin immediately.
It is a premium solution, so you will have to purchase the program. But it may be well worth the cost, especially if you handle a large volume of PDF documents as it supports batch compressions. It also retains both the original layout and the original quality of the document.
6. PDFOptim - The PDF Compressor for Mac
PDFOptim is a simple PDF tool that you can use to compress any number of PDF documents. Other than the fact that it is very easy to use, PDFOptim will change the overall size of the PDF document without affecting the overall quality of the document. This means that the document remains exactly as it is, including the original layout of the document
It is also an ideal solution if you want to convert more than one document at the same time as it supports batch conversions. Various compression filters allow you to choose the conversion presets so you can compress the document in your unique way.
FAQs on Compressing PDF on Mac
1. Does Adobe have a PDF Compressor?
Yes. You can easily access this PDF compressor online directly from your browser. However, we will recommend UPDF for you as the best choice, it can compress PDFs of four different qualities as your need.
2. What is the Best PDF Compressor for Mac?
While the best PDF Compressor for Mac may be Adobe Acrobat, the best one for you will depend on your particular situation. For instance, the expensive Adobe may not be a great choice for you if you only want to compress a single file, so UPDF will be your suitable choice in cost-effective way since it offers best functions also.
3. Why You Want to Compress PDF on Mac
There are a lot of reasons to compress a PDF document. But the main reason is usually to make it easier to share the file via email as many email providers can limit the size of the document you can share.
4. Is There a Free PDF Compressor for Mac?
Yes. Preview is a free PDF Compressor for Mac that comes built into macOS but only with one choice. But UPDF provides four selection according to different compression qualities.
We have introduced 6 of the best PDF compressors in this article, and you probably already have the best answer in your mind. If you haven't made a choice yet, we recommend you use UPDF, because you can't go wrong with it. Various compression modes can meet different needs. What are you still hesitating about, download and try it now.
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs
- Top 4 PowerPoint Alternatives in 2023
- How to Create a Poster in PowerPoint