Annotation is a method of adding notes, ideas, or comments to your text in order to create a dialogue between you and the person with whom you are sharing the document. Applying annotations to your PDF files is a small but important step in creating an understandable document. This article will look at the different features provided by PDF annotator Mac in the market and how they help you create high-quality documents.
Top 5 PDF Annotators for Mac
Getting started with the PDF annotator Mac can be a little overwhelming. There are so many PDF tools available in the market to select from. It can be hard to decide which annotation tool is right for you. In this article, we'll go over the top 5 PDF annotators for Mac, so you can decide which one is right for you.
If you want to know more about other PDF Annotation tools on Windows, here are the top 10 PDF annotators on Windows. You can check them if needed.
- #1. UPDF - Free PDF Annotator Mac
- #2. Preview - Default PDF Annotation APP for Mac
- #3. PDF Expert - PDF Annotator for Mac
- #4. PDF Reader Pro
- #5. Adobe Acrobat Reader
#1. UPDF - Free PDF Annotator Mac
UPDF is a completely free PDF annotator on Mac. Their approach is quite thorough; they not only allow you to add sticky notes and text boxes with ease but also provide options for sketching out your thoughts using shapes and highlightes.
UPDF for Mac also allows you to add various stickers to PDF files. You can save your annotations in a file that you can keep and forward along. UPDF has a user-friendly, delightful interface design for both new and experienced users who want to edit, annotate, and share PDF files.
- You can add as many shapes and diagrams in your PDF as you want to relate to your text.
- It allows you to strike out unimportant sentences or words to make your PDF more relevant.
- Add bookmarks and sticky notes to your pages to continue where you left off.
- It is available to add stamps to PDF files with ease.
- You can save the changed file without watermarks.
- It is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android systems.
- There are no limitations for document processing in UPDF.
- UPDF doesn't offer an OCR feature currently to its users.
#2. Preview - Default PDF Annotation APP for Mac
Preview is the default app on Mac for viewing images and PDF files. It's also a free annotation app for Mac. You won't need to print your PDF files in order to fill out forms and add signatures to them. You can also use this opportunity to make markup changes where necessary or jot down notes that are much easier to read than scribbled handwriting.
Use a trackpad to put up your signatures on the PDF document just by moving your fingers. Using the Redaction selection tool, you can edit or remove the text from your document.
- Use your Mac built-in camera, and hold the signature facing the camera to add it to your PDF document.
- Preview allows you to increase or decrease the stroke of the shapes.
- Diverse tools to use to create extra highlights and colors for the text.
- This PDF Tool doesn’t allow the user to edit the PDF text.
#3. PDF Expert - PDF Annotator for Mac
PDF Expert is the best PDF annotator Mac that helps its users to edit, annotate texts and fill out the forms and make changes on PDFs across all Mac devices. No matter what you want to work with, PDF Expert has got you covered. It is an excellent tool for students and professionals who need a highly functional and secure tool for editing their PDF files from anywhere.
Touch bars on Mac can be used to access annotation tools very easily. Annotations that are made in PDF Expert can be saved in a document and can be shared with colleagues and friends.
- Use the Text markup tool to make your text customized. Use your own colors, fonts, and brush sizes.
- Its clean and intuitive interface is simple to master and will allow you to annotate your PDFs in no time.
- Add shapes and diagrams to make your text reader-friendly and fun.
- You can’t create multi-line text custom stamps using this PDF annotator.
#4. PDF Reader Pro
If you are looking for an app that is not just a PDF reader but also an easy-to-use annotation app for Mac, then you should try PDF Reader Pro. It's useful for writing PDF documents, creating and editing annotations, and adding various content to PDF files.
It provides Mac users with various annotation tools like pens, shapes, highlighter, and sticky notes that make your reading experience delightful. It does reading and annotating any PDF easier than ever. Insert tables with rows and columns to add text and customize it accordingly.
- Use the Markup tool to underline, and highlight sentences or paragraphs with different colors.
- Add various stamps to your PDF document or create customized stamps of your choice.
- Best PDF note-taking app Mac with sticky notes in between the paragraphs with one click.
- The size of your PDF file will decrease when you add a note to it.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the best PDF annotator Mac which makes it easier than ever to edit and convert PDFs into file formats like Excel and Word. If you are not sure where you left off reading, just use bookmarks to keep track of your place. You can also use the search tool to find exactly what you're looking for quickly.
Make comments directly on your documents using Adobe Acrobat Reader annotation tools. Draw anything anywhere on your PDF to make it relevant to the text.
- It provides a Redact tool to hide any sensitive information inside your PDF.
- Note-taking can be fun with using sticky notes and highlighters to color important text.
- It uses bookmarks in a way that makes it stand out from the other applications in its category.
- It doesn’t allow you to use any feature without a subscription.
A PDF Mac annotator can be a great way to get more information from your documents, whether you are using them for work or school. There are so many PDF annotators Mac out there that you can find one that will be the best fit for you. We hope that this blog has helped you get a better sense of some of the different kinds of PDF annotators out there.