If you are looking for a way to make quick changes to a PDF document, your best bet is probably an online PDF changer. These tools are an ideal solution, not just because they are free, but also because many of them offer the necessary features to allow you to make as many changes to any PDF document.
But there are a lot of online PDF changers to choose from and it can be difficult to tell right off the bat which one is the best solution for you. After testing quite a number of these online solutions, we've come up with 5 that may be the best of the bunch. We also introduce a free desktop PDF changer- UPDF.
Top 5 Free PDF Changers Online
If you are looking to change a PDF online for free, the following are the best options to choose;
1. PDF Candy
PDF Candy is on the top of this list because it is one of the most comprehensive online PDF changers that you will find in the market. It comes with more than 44 different tools to help you create, edit, convert and export PDF documents, all for free. For example, you can use PDF Candy to rearrange the pages on your PDF, add a watermark or password to protect the document, split and merge pages, add and remove images or even edit the document's metadata.
It is also one of the few online tools that come equipped with an OCR feature that can be very useful when you want to edit scanned or image-rich PDFs. You can also use PDF Candy to convert PDF documents to a lot of different formats or extract the content to create a text document.
If you are looking for a simple, yet highly effective solution to edit your PDF documents, then PDFescape might be a good choice. Available on just about any browser, this online PDF changer has all the tools you need to read and annotate a PDF document in numerous ways including adding notes, redacting some of the text, highlighting text, and even cropping the images on the document.
It also offers you the chance to encrypt the PDF document by redacting some of the text, adding a password, or even adding a watermark. But PDFescape is also limited in several ways. To begin with, there is a limit on the size of file that you can edit at a given time as well as limitations in the font choices that you have when editing the text.
There is a reason Smallpdf is one of the most popular online PDF changers in the market. This very simple tool allows you to make significant changes to any PDF for free and from any browser. One of its most popular features is the conversion tool that allows you to convert PDF documents to a variety of other formats including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and JPEG. You can also convert any other type of file to PDF.
Smallpdf also offers a wide array of editing tools including the ability to edit the text and images on the document, add pages to and compress existing PDF documents. There are also document protection features and e-signature capabilities that allow you to add a valid signature to the document.
4. Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda PDF Editor is one of the most complete online PDF changers that you will find. It is also one of the only editors that will not add a watermark to the edited document. The whole program, along with all its tools can be loaded directly on the browser and you will find that it has a very simple "word-like" interface.
Among other things, you can use Sejda to convert PDFs to other formats including Word, Excel, JPEG, and more. You will also be able to very easily edit various aspects of the document including the text, images and even be able to rearrange the pages. It is also one of the few online solutions that will seamlessly integrate with other services to make collaboration easier.
5. PDF Bob
PDF Bob is a simple and effective way to make simple changes to a PDF document. You don't need to create an account to use it; you can just upload the file you would like to edit and make the changes. While it has very good annotation features, you will find that it lacks some of the editing features that you can use to make meaningful changes. But it can be used to convert PDFs to various formats and protect the document by adding a password.
Disadvantages of Using Online PDF Changers
While it may seem more convenient to use an online tool, there are several concerns to keep in mind, including the following:
- The safety and security of any document you upload to a website you don't control are not guaranteed.
- You will need to be connected to the internet to edit the documents.
- Sometimes these online tools do not work as advertised
- They are also limited to only a few functions
The Best Free PDF Editor for Windows and Mac
If you find online tools too limiting, we recommend using the desktop tool UPDF. This free PDF editor has a lot of features that can help you make as many changes to any PDF document as you want. These features include the following;
- View and read a PDF document as you annotate it in various ways including highlighting and underlining text, adding comments and stamps and so much more.
- You can edit the text on the PDF by adding new text, deleting existing text, and even changing the font size and color.
- You will also be able to add, delete and resize the images on the document.
- It has an OCR function that is ideal for scanned PDFs
- It also has security features that allow to add a password to the document or set up permissions.
- UPDF can also be used to convert PDF documents to other editable formats.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates