Have you ever been asked to convert PDF to TIFF in 300 dpi or higher resolution? If you haven't got a clue, don't worry - you're definitely not alone. If you're a designer or you work in a related creative field such as publishing or printing, you may know how to do this. But are you using the right tool for the job? Are you conscious of document security concerns? These are tough questions, but we'll try to answer them in this article, which is primarily about how to convert PDF to TIFF securely using the best and easiest method.
- Part 1. The Best PDF to TIFF Converter for Windows and Mac
- Part 2. How to Convert PDF to TIFF Step-by-Step
- Part 3. Video Guide on How to Convert PDF to TIFF
- Part 4. Knowledge: What is TIFF and the Benefits of TIFF Format
The Best PDF to TIFF High-Resolution Converter
If you want to convert PDF to TIFF in high quality, then UPDF should be the first stop, in your search for the best ways to convert PDF to TIFF. UPDF is a dedicated PDF converter that supports more than a dozen file formats, including several image formats such as TIFF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, and GIF.
It's easy to use, comes with advanced OCR, and takes a few clicks to get any conversion job done quickly and accurately. Once rendered, you'll notice the TIFF file's content attributes, such as alignment, layout, fonts, etc. have been preserved exactly as in the original PDF source.
Main Features of UPDF
- UPDF is an all-in-one PDF editor which supports viewing, editing, organizing, and converting PDFs. It can edit text and images in PDF documents. Meanwhile, you can process PDF conversion options - images, Office formats, web formats, PDF/A, and more.
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android (The PDF converter feature is only available on Windows and Mac currently.)
- Advanced OCR to convert scanned PDFs and image-based PDFs into editable Word, Text, and other files.
Advantages of Using UPDF
- Securely convert to 14 output formats offline
- Fast and accurate conversions
- Intuitive user interface
- One-stop PDF solution that you can edit PDF documents in every aspect.
How to Convert PDF to TIFF on Windows and Mac
Let's take a look at how you can convert your PDF to tiff format with UPDF.
Step 1: Open the PDF File You Want to Convert
First, download and install the UPDF software on your device. After launching the application, open the PDF in the UPDF software that you want to convert. On the right side of the UPDF interface, you will see an "Export PDF" icon. Click on it.
Step 2: Choose TIFF as the Output Format
Now, you will see a list of formats. Select the "Image" format from the list to convert your PDF to an image.
A pop-up window will appear where you can select the "TIFF" format from the image dropdown.
Step 3: Start PDF to TIFF Converting
Now, you can select your preferences such as page range. When ready, click on the "Export" button, select the folder, and your PDF will be converted to tiff.
The converted TIFF file will be saved in your local folder and you can find it easily.
Video Guide on How to Convert PDF to TIFF
If you don't want to read the text to learn the instructions on converting PDF to TIFF, then you can watch the video tutorial below:
Strictly speaking, rather than being an actual file format, TIFF, or Tag Image File Format, is a container file with raster images. As opposed to vector images that don't lose clarity when scaled up to a larger size, raster images tend to pixelate when expanded or stretched. However, raster images are more suitable for photographs and such graphical content, especially when you need to store them in a high resolution but don't want the bulkiness of a large image file. TIFF was developed by a company called the Aldus Corporation, which was later acquired by Adobe Systems, so Adobe essentially has proprietary ownership over this image container format.
The TIFF format offers several key advantages:
- Perfect for storing high-resolution images with lossless compression
- Ideal for storing raster images such as JPG and PNG
- Supports transparencies and layers for composite images
- High image quality
- Ideal archiving format for high-resolution raster images such as photographs
So TIFF is clearly the perfect container format for high-quality photographs and similar content, and when you need to convert PDF to TIFF, make sure you have UPDF installed on your PC or Mac.
- 3 Different Methods to Merge Images into PDF
- 2 Ways to Combine Images into PDF on Mac
- Top 5 Free PDF Editor Android in 2023
- The Best Tool to Convert Multiple JPG to PDF
- How to Merge PNG to PDF Using the Best PDF Combiner
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly