A while back, I wanted to convert an important image into a PDF file before sharing it with someone. This made me look for a reliable photo to PDF app that can directly scan images and convert them to PDF documents. While there are plenty of free and paid apps that can do the same, most of them are not that reliable. Therefore, to help you find the best iOS app to convert photo to PDF, I have handpicked 6 professionally recommended solutions here.
6 Best Photo to PDF App on iOS
Pick 1: UPDF: The Best Photo to PDF App for iPhone/iPad
UPDF for iOS is an all-in-one PDF creator and document management application that would certainly come in handy to you. It is the best photo to PDF converter app for iOS devices that you can use to scan your images or directly convert them to PDF documents. Besides that, there are several other document management features that you can access in UPDF to secure your data.
Besides that, you can tap on the "+" icon on UPDF and choose the "Scan" feature. Now, the photo to PDF converter app will let you take images of anything, scan them, and directly convert them to a PDF file.
If you are running short on time, then you can load multiple images from your device's storage and convert them into a PDF document in one go.
Apart from being a photo to PDF app, UPDF can also be used to manage your folders and PDF documents. You can compress your files and even protect them by creating dedicated security spaces.
- Tons of PDF creation and management features
- Supports batch processing
- Can also scan images to PDF on iPhone right from the app
- Supports UPDF Cloud
- Make annotation on PDF
- Edit PDF, edit text and images on PDF
More info about UPDF Photo to PDF App >>
Pick 2: Photos to PDF
As the name suggests, this is a dedicated app for photo to PDF conversion that you can use on your iOS devices. There are three ways to create PDF documents in the app – you can upload images, take photos, or scan them.
If you want, you can preview and edit your documents first before converting them to a PDF file. Apart from that, there are also additional options in this best photos to PDF app to sign PDF documents and share PDF with others.
- Fast and easy to use
- Can also scan your documents
- Limited add-on features compared to other tools.
- The free version of the PDF converter app will leave watermarks.
More info about Photos PDF Scanner Converter >>
Pick 3: JPG to PDF Converter
For all those who are looking for a lightweight and free app to convert photo to PDF, this would be an ideal pick. You can directly load any JPG file from your iOS device and convert it to a PDF document with the photo to PDF app.
Apart from that, the application also offers an inbuilt feature to scan your images and make minor edits to them (like adding comments or highlighting sections). Since it offers an inbuilt OCR feature, its converted PDF documents would be of high quality.
- Fast conversion and easy to use
- Offers an inbuilt OCR reader
- Limited document management and sharing features
- Premium features are not available for free
More info about JPG to PDF Converter >>
Pick 4: PDF It All: Document Converter
This is another resourceful photo to PDF app that provides a wide range of document conversion features. Ideally, you can use the application to convert your images, Word documents, presentations, and several other file formats into PDF.
There are dedicated options in the app to convert photo to PDF, load images from your device, or directly take their pictures. You can also scan web pages, sign your PDF files, and even split or merge them to meet your requirements.
- It offers a wide range of PDF-related operations
- Extensive support with different file formats
- A bit expensive ($2.99 monthly)
- Its free version will leave a watermark on your PDF files
More info about PDF It All Document Converter >>
Pick 5: Microsoft Lens: PDF Scanner
Developed by Microsoft, Lens is one of the best free solutions to convert or scan images to PDF documents. You can directly take pictures of anything (like notes or bills) and let the application convert them to PDF files.
The free app to convert photo to PDF supports OCR features that can scan handwritten notes as well. Apart from PDF, it is also compatible with other Office formats like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Freely available
- Supports other Office formats too
- Limited features
- No PDF signing or security options
More info about Office Lens >>
Pick 6: PDFMaker: JPG to PDF Converter
Lastly, you can also consider using PDFMaker as an ideal app to convert photo to PDF in different scenarios. You can directly import your JPG files from your device and export them as PDF documents.
Using PDFMaker, you can also directly scan a document by taking its image. The photo to PDF converter app features a sophisticated OCR option to scan characters easily. There are also additional options to merge, split, reorder, and manage your PDF pages.
- Fast JPG to PDF conversion
- Comes with an OCR PDF feature too
- Even though it has an OCR feature, it isn't that effective
- Limited features in its free version
More info about PDFMaker JPG to PDF Converter >>
There you go! After getting to know about all the above-listed solutions, you can certainly pick the best photo to PDF app to meet your requirements. To make things easier, I have listed both premium and free apps to convert photo to PDF in this post. Out of them, I would recommend using UPDF as it is the best photo to PDF app that you can use to scan your photos or directly load them from your device. Apart from instant photo to PDF conversion, UPDF also provides other document security and management features, making it a must-have iOS app.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF