If you allow others to use your iPhone, but you have some sensitive files that you don't want them to see, you can choose to hide them in a locked folder. Anyone without authorized access to this folder would not be able to see any of the files within.
But how do you protect a folder in this way on your iPhone? Here, we will show you how to lock a folder on your iPhone using one of the best document managers for iOS. This solution is as easy to use as it is effective and we'll show you how to use it shortly.
The Best Folder Lock App for iPhone
UPDF is a document management app for iOS that does more than just allow you to move one file from one folder to another. Once it is installed on your iPhone, you will find it easier than ever to download, upload, view, share, secure, and organize all the documents on your device. It has the necessary features to make document management easier and more efficient.
Here are just some of the things it can do:
- UPDF provides one of the most secure options you have when it comes to protecting your documents by allowing you to use high-level security features like Face ID and passcodes to protect files and folders.
- The freehand drawing tool that comes built into UPDF gives users the unique ability to not just sign documents easily using a finger or stylus, but also add text, notes, draw a line or even mark up the document in numerous ways.
- It is also one of the best ways to create a PDF document. You can use the PDF scanner to easily and very quickly create a PDF document from a scanned photo, note, or document.
- You can also use it to easily organize and access your document. And, it works with all types of documents including PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photos, Videos and so many more.
- The user-friendly interface with virtually no learning curve means that you can manage and protect your documents in a few minutes and just a few simple steps.
How to Lock a Folder on iPhone
There is a particular feature on UPDF that you can use to lock any folder on your iPhone. This feature is appropriately named the Security Space and any files contained in this "space" will be inaccessible to anyone who doesn't have the passcode used to contain the folder.
It is by far the best way to restrict access to any documents on your iPhone by restricting access to these files. And it is also very easy to use. Here's how to move the folder or files into the Security Space in UPDF;
Step 1: Open UPDF and then tap on the UPDF logo at the top-left corner. Select "Security Space".
Step 2: Once you click the "Security Space", you need to provide the authentication password that you would like to use. For example, if you use Face ID to access your device, complete the authentication process.
Step 3: Now tap on the "+" symbol at the bottom right of the Security Space. Just simply tap on one of the import options to select the files from different locations that you can add to the Security Space. For example, if you want to lock photos or videos, you may choose from the "Photos" App.
And just like that the files add will only be accessible when the correct authentication is provided. In this case, they can only be opened when you provide the correct Face ID authentication.
- Top 7 Mac Software Must-Have Applications for Every Mac User
- Top 10 Must-Have Productivity Tools to Escalate Your Workflow Efficiency
- Fixing the Top 10 ChatGPT Errors: Detailed Guide
- Top 12 Best Cross-Platform Productivity Apps 2023 to Streamline Workflow Efficiency
- 20 Best Productivity Tips and Hacks to Improve Workflow in 2023
- Exploring GPT-4 and Comparing its Features with ChatGPT
- 5 Most Useful Tips to Help You Work Faster
- PDF vs Word Docx - What are the Key Differences?
- Apple Events of the Whole Year of 2023 - Everything We Know
- Everything We Know About WWDC 2023 So Far