You need to send someone a file that's too big to email. Unfortunately, the file you want to send is so massive (and important!) you don't want to put it at risk by attaching it to an email. So...what do you do?
Of course your first thought is that you could print the document and snail-mail it. But who wants to be tied down to a paper trail these days? And of course, there's the cost of printing and postage. So, you look online for other options and find the "Compress" button in the iOS Mail app. Unfortunately, when you push it, nothing happens-no menu opens, no pop-up menu appears with a bunch of options for compressing the doc and attaching it to your message in the appropriate format.
We've searched far and wide for answers about how to zip files on iPhone and iPad, and here's what we found.
Which is The Best App to Zip Files on iPhone?
UPDF for iOS is the best app to zip files on iPhone and iPad, and we'll tell you why.
We know how important it is to keep your files safe, so we recommend UPDF with you in mind.
The UPDF app comes with a variety of features:
- Zip and unzip files quickly, and create zip files really fast
- Protect your files, as it's safe to use and developed with top security features
- You can use the in-built image scanner if the app to create digital documents
- Comes with a dark mode
- Works with multiple file formats like images, document filles, videos, music files, audio files
- It is a picture to PDF app and you can convert your photos into PDF easily.
- Scan to PDF from paper document, receipt, etc. It is very easy to scan image to PDF with UPDF.
- Annotate PDF: add text or electronic signature on PDF document, etc.
- You can use UPDF to share the PDF document with others.
How to Zip a File on iPhone and iPad?
UPDF allows you to zip a group of files so they can easily be shared with others over the internet or as an email attachment. Let's take a look at how to zip files on an iPhone with the UPDF iOS app.
Step 1. Tap the small box in the top right corner of your screen.
Step 2. Select all the files to be zipped on your iPhone or iPad. You can also select only one file for zipping.
Step 3. Now, tap on the "More" option on the bottom menu.
Step 4. Now you have to tap the "Compress" option to begin the compression process. Next, you can save them as an archive file.
Step 5. Now you can rename the ZIP file as per your convenience. Additionally, you can also share it, and perform other actions on it.
That's all the steps you need to follow and your files will be zipped under 2 minutes!
If you do not have an app like WinZip or WinRAR on your device, and you need to create a password protected zip file, which is common - UPDF's app makes it easy.
You can zip, unzips, compresses and decompresses zip files right on your iPhone and iPad using UPDF mobile app. You can also create password or protected zip files, compress multiple file types, and can email the zip file right from your mobile phone!
Try the app for free today.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF