PDF is a great format for sharing files primarily because the recipient can see the original formatting as it was created on any device and any OS. So, it makes sense that you would want to create PDFs on your iPhone. UPDF software is designed to make it easier to create, manage and edit documents on your iOS device. Let's see how to make a PDF on iPhone using UPDF.
- Way 1: How to Create a PDF on iPhone Directly
- Way 2: How to Create a PDF on iPhone from the Photos
- Way 3: How to Create a PDF on iPhone with the Books App
Way 1: How to Make a PDF on iPhone Directly
Creating a PDF on your iPhone is a simple process and you can choose to create a blank or templated PDF. The available templates include a dotted template ideal for drawing or writing, a lined template that makes it easier to add content more accurately, and grid and graph templates for PDFs with more graphics. Follow these steps to create a PDF on iPhone:
Step 1: Make a PDF on iPhone
Open UPDF and then tap on the "+" symbol at the bottom-right corner.
Choose "Create PDF" and you will see several background options to choose from. Tap on the one that best suits your project to select it.
The PDF will be generated and saved to the most current UPDF folder. You can then open it to begin creating your document.
Step 2: Add Text to PDF
- Tap on the PDF that you just created to open it.
- Then, tap on the pen tool in the top-right corner.
- Tap "+" and then select "Text" in the menu that appears.
- To type in your text, double-tap on the text box.
- When you're done, simply tap outside the text box. You can then choose to resize the text box into the desired position.
- Tap "Done" to save your changes and repeat the steps with any other text boxes you'd like to add.
Step 3: Annotate PDF
UPDF will also give you the opportunity to do various kinds of annotations on your document. Here's how to do it:
- Tap on the PDF to open it.
- Select the annotation tool that you would like to use. The options include a marker, highlighter, eraser, outline tool, and many more. You can also change the color and style of the pen as desired.
- Annotate the document as desired.
- Then tap "Done" to save the changes and close the document.
If you would like to sign the PDF document, you can choose the "Signature" option under the "+" symbol. Add the signature you would like to use and then tap "Done". The signature will be added to the document. You can then move it around to reposition it or even resize it using the blue border.
Way 2: How to Create a PDF on iPhone from the Photos
If you already have an image that you can convert to PDF, UPDF gives you the unique ability to import the file and automatically create a PDF from it. The process is relatively simple. Here's how to it done:
Step 1: Import Photo to UPDF
Open UPDF and then tap on the "+" icon at the bottom-right. Select "Photos" and then tap on each photo that you want to add to select it. Tap "Add" to import the selected photos to UPDF.
Step 2: Convert a PDF on iPhone from Photo
Now that the file has been added to UPDF, you can go ahead and convert it to PDF format. Tap on the three dots next to the photo or long-press the file icon to select it. If you want to convert more than one photo, tap on the checkbox at the top-right and then tap on each photo to select it.
Tap on "Convert to PDF". UPDF will then generate a PDF copy of the file and save it. The file will have the same filename, but with a .pdf extension.
Way 3: How to Create a PDF on iPhone with the Books App
You can also use the Books app to create PDFs on your iPhone. Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Open the Photos app, select the photos you would like to use, and then tap "Share".
Step 2: Tap "Books" from the options on the "Share" sheet. If you don't see it on the main screen, swipe horizontally to find it.
Step 3: The selected photos will be automatically converted to PDF and will be opened in Books.
Step 4: To open the newly created PDF tap on the screen and then tap on the back arrow to go back. Tap on the three dots next to the file icon.
While there are very many ways that you can make PDF documents on your iPhone, UPDF presents the most effective solution to manage all documents on your iOS device. The following are some of the advantages of choosing UPDF over other options:
- With UPDF, you can easily upload, view, download, secure, and organize all your documents in the same place.
- The free-hand drawing tool allows you to add text, draw and even sign your documents with a stylus or your finger.
- The PDF scanner that comes built-in to UPDF allows you to create PDFs by scanning a photo, document, business card, whiteboard, or any other document. The PDF will be created automatically and you can then use UPDF to edit the document in numerous ways.
This document manager also goes a step further by allowing you to protect any document using top-level security features such as a passcode or Face ID.
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF
- The Best Back to School PDF Tool You Should's Miss in 2022
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books
- Share PDF
- Annotate PDF
- How UPDF Help Students Improve the Productivity of Reading PDF Books?
- How Teachers can Improve the Productivity of Reviewing PDF Papers?
- Most Common PDF File Errors and Solutions