Being able to easily transfer files from your iPhone to Mac can be valuable for several reasons. For instance, you may be looking to transfer files to your Mac to make it easier to continue editing them or to save storage space on your iPhone.
Whatever the reason, there are several ways to do it. In this article, we will share with you the most effective solutions and show you how to transfer files from iPhone to Mac. Let's start with a simple and highly effective solution.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to MacBook with UPDF
The best way to transfer files from iPhone to Mac is to use an iOS file management app and the best app to use for this purpose is UPDF for iOS. UPDF is not just easy to use but is also a complete document management solution that will allow you to do more than just transfer files from your iPhone to a Mac.
It is the go-to solution if you work with documents remotely as it allows you to manage all types of files on your iPhone in numerous ways. You can use it to upload and download files from your device, it will create PDFs from images and other scanned documents, and you can even use it to add a valid signature to any PDF document. It allows you to manage other types of files as well including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, all types of images, XML, Videos, and more.
Transferring files from iPhone to Mac can easily be accomplished by connecting the Mac and the iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network. These simple steps show you how to do it:
Step 1: Import the Files to UPDF
With UPDF installed on your device, open the app and then click on the "+" symbol to add the PDF file or files that you want to transfer to the Mac.
Select and import location and tap on each file to import them to UPDF. You can add the files to a folder to make the transfer process easier.
Step 2: Connect Your iPhone and Your Mac
Make sure that both the iPhone and the Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then click on the "+" symbol at the bottom right of the screen.
- Then choose "Computer" to begin the transfer process.
- You should see a URL displayed on the iPhone screen.
- Enter this URL in the address bar of a new browser tab on your computer and hit "Enter" to connect UPDF and the Mac.
Step 3: Transfer Files from iPhone Mac
Now, you should be able to see all the files and folders in UPDF on the browser on your Mac.
Use the "Download " button to download the files you'd like to transfer on your Mac.
Note: To avoid interrupting the transfer process, it is important to keep the UPDF tab and your device unlocked until the process is complete.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac Using USB
You can also transfer files from your Phone to Mac using a USB connection. Here's how to do that with the photos on your iPhone:
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable
- Step 2: Open the Photos app on your Mac. You should see an import screen on the Photos App showing all the photos and videos that are on your device. If this import screen doesn't automatically appear, click on the device's name in the sidebar.
- Step 3: When prompted, unlock the iOS device, and when asked to "Trust this Computer," tap "Trust" to continue.
- Step 4: Select the location on your Mac where you would like to save the imported files. You can choose an existing album or create a new one.
- Step 5: Now simply select the photos that you would like to import and then click on "Import Selected" or if you want to import all photos device, click "Import All New Photos."
Wait for the import process to be completed and then disconnect the iPhone from the Mac.
How to Send Files from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop
Another way that you can copy files from iPhone to Mac is via AirDrop. AirDrop is easy to use, but you must ensure that the following conditions are met to ensure a successful transfer:
- Ensure that the Mac is within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range and is close to the iPhone.
- Ensure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on the Mac. If Personal Hotspot is enabled on either device turn it off.
- Check if the Mac has AirDrop set to receive from "Contacts Only" although this shouldn't be a problem if you own the Mac. To avoid any issues, set the AirDrop settings to "Everyone."
Now use these steps to how to move files from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop:
Step 1: Open an app on your iPhone and tap on the "Share" button. If you are sharing photos from the "Photos" app, you can swipe left or right to select multiple photos.
Step 2: Select "AirDrop" and then tap on the AirDrop User (the Mac) that you want to share the files with.
Step 3: On the Mac, you should see an alert indicating that the files have been sent, along with a preview of the files. Tap "Accept." If the Mac you are sending to is your own device (that is, it is connected to the same Apple ID), you may not see this notification, instead, the files will be automatically sent to the appropriate app.
Once you hit "Accept," the files will be sent through the same app they were sent from. If you are sending photos, they will open on the "Photos" app on the Mac. You can then go ahead and save the received files on any location on the Mac.
Please note that both devices must have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on to use AirDrop.
Conclusion: After introducing the 3 methods to transfer files from iPhone to Mac, you should know that, UPDF is the best choice for you. It doesn't require a USB cable, and it doesn't require an Apple ID. Great, right? Start to send files from iPhone to Mac now!
- Simple Methods to Edit Link in PDF
- Top 10 PDF Link Editor
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF