If someone sends you a PDF document on your iPhone and ask you to share your opinion on the content, it may make more sense to share your thoughts directly on the PDF. But how do you do that? To write on a PDF on iPhone, you will need a tool that is designed specifically for this purpose.
These tools provide you with a wide range of annotation tools that will make it easy for you to mark-up certain aspects of the document and therefore give direct feedback. Here, we will be looking at one such tool and share with you how you can use it to write on a PDF on your iPhone.
The Best App to Write on PDF on iPhone
How successfully you write on a PDF depends on the app that you choose to use. One of the best is UPDF for iOS. This tool is specifically designed to manage documents like PDF directly on your iOS device and will therefore have all the features you need to write on the PDF easily and clearly.
But unlike other PDF tools that only allow you to read and make small annotations, UPDF is a valuable solution for those who work with numerous documents. It is the go-to solution when you want to manage your documents like a Pro and therefore a must have for anyone who uses a lot of documents.
Here are some of its most notable features:
- UPDF takes annotation to the next level. You can use its freehand drawing tool to add text, add notes, draw markups, highlight or even underline the text. It is also a useful feature when you want to sign a PDF document.
- This document management tool also makes it very easy to create a PDF in the first place. The built-in smart scanner can create a PDF document from a scanned photo, document, note, business card, receipt and many more.
- You can also use it to securely protect your PDF documents using high-level security features like Face ID and passcodes.
- It is also by far the best option you have when you want to keep all your files organized and easily accessible. You can access and view all types of documents including PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and most image formats.
How to Write on PDF on iPhone and iPad
UPDF also has a very simple user interface, meaning that you can very easily write on any PDF even if you have never used a similar tool before. Here's how to do it:
Steps for Writing on a PDF on iPhone
If you are looking to add text to the PDF document, follow these steps;
Step 1: Open UPDF and then tap on the PDF document to open it.
Step 2: Tap on the pen tool at the top and then tap "+" to select "Text."
Step 3: A text box will appear. Double-tap on it and then input the text you'd like to add.
Step 4: When you're done adding text, tap outside the text box to close it. Resize it or reposition it as desired and then tap "Done" to save the changes.
Steps for Writing Annotations on a PDF on iPhone
If your goal is to annotate the PDF, follow these steps:
Step 1: Tap on the PDF in UPDF to open it.
Step 2: Choose an annotation tool that you would like to use from the options available. Whatever tool you choose, you can change the color and style of the pen to suit your needs.
Step 3: Apply the annotation however you want and then tap "Done" to save the changes.
- Print PDF
- Print PDF
- How to Open PDF in Chrome
- How to Open Password Protected PDF in 3 Ways
- How to Open Multiple PDFs at Once
- How to Compare PDFs for Free (3 Ways)
- How to Open PDF in InDesign on Mac
- How to Add Bookmarks to PDF
- 10 Best Software for Lawyers to Improve Productivity in 2022
- Exploring the Automation of Audit Trails