Signing a PDF document is a way to rubber-stamp the content or give it more credibility. In the past, this could only be accomplished by printing out the document and then scanning it after signing. This process improved gradually until there was a way to sign a PDF document on iPhone electronically. But for the longest time, the process was difficult.
But now there are dedicated tools that you can use to very easily add binding and credible signatures to any PDF document. Here, we will show you how to use one of these tools to sign a PDF document on iPhone.
How to Sign a PDF Document on iPhone
To sign a PDF document on iPhone, you need a tool that is designed for this purpose. UPDF for iOS is a document management app that has numerous features to help you create and manage your documents in numerous ways including adding a signature to the document.
This signature feature is particularly easy to use without compromising the integrity of the signature. UPDF's freehand writing tool means that you can easily add your signature to the document using your finger or the stylus. Once the signature has been added to the document, you can move the signature to any other location on the document very easily.
UPDF is however more than just a PDF signing tool. It is also capable of the following:
- You can also use it to annotate a PDF document in a variety of other ways including adding notes, adding a straight line, or highlighting text.
- It also has an intelligent PDF scanner that makes it easy for you to create PDFs from a photo, note, document, business card, receipt and so much more.
- UPDF is also a very effective way to secure the documents on your device. You can add the documents to the "Security Space" in UPDF and use FaceID or your passcode to protect them.
- UPDF is also the best way to keep all your documents organized. It allows you to access and manage all types of documents including PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Videos and so many more.
UPDF also has a very simple user interface that allows you to find any feature you may be looking for. The following is a step-by-step guide to help you sign a PDF document on your iPhone using UPDF:
Step 1: If you don't already have UPDF on your device, start by installing it. Open UPDF and then tap on the PDF file you want to sign to open it.
Step 2: With the document open in UPDF, tap on the "Pen" icon in the top-right corner.
Step 3: Tap on the "+" symbol and choose "Signature".
Step 4: Use your finger or stylus to write in your signature. Click "Done".
The signature will be added to the PDF file. You can then move the signature to any position on the document and use the blue border to adjust its size if necessary. Once you save the document, the signature will be part of the document.
How to Sign PDF on iPad
Signing a PDF on iPad is also very easy if you have the right tool. The following is how to use UPDF to sign a PDF on an iPad;
Step 1: Open UPDF on your iPad and tap on the PDF file to open it.
Step 2: Select the Pen tool icon on the top right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Then tap on the "+" symbol and choose "Signature."
Step 4: You can then use the stylus or your finger to write in your signature. When you are happy with the signature, tap "Done" to save it.
Step 5: The signature will be added to the document. You can then move it to the desired location on the document or even adjust the size of the signature by dragging the blue border.
How to Sign PDFs on iPhone Gmail
If you would rather not open the PDF document on your device before signing it, you can sign an emailed document by previewing it in the mail app. This process is simple and will allow you to draw in the signature, just as you would if you were using a signature app. Here's how it works:
- Step 1: To begin, you will need to preview the attachment in the Mail App.
- Step 2: With the preview open, tap on the toolbox icon and then select the "Signature" button in the Markup preview.
- Step 3: Use your finger to sign the document and then tap "Done".
You will however not be able to move the signature to any other location on your document, so be sure to add the document in the specific location where you want it to appear.
- How to Fill in a PDF Form in 3 Methods
- Top 6 Super-Easy PDF Form Fillers on Mac
- How to Create a Fillable PDF on Mac
- How to Fill Out a 1099 Form - Miscellaneous Income
- How to Fill out a W-4 Form- Employee's Withholding Certificate
- How to Create a Fillable PDF in 3 Methods
- Top 50 Happy New Year 2023 Wishes, Greetings, and Messages
- How to Fill Out a PDF Form on Mac in 3 Methods
- How to Create a Fillable Form in Word
- Top 10 Fillable PDF Creators You Can't Miss