Do you have some data on your iPhone that you would like to transfer to a PC? Well, when most people think of transferring data from iPhone to PC, they often think of connecting the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. This is just one of the ways that you can do it and may not entirely be efficient enough, particularly if you want to transfer a lot of files.
Here, we will share with you how to transfer data from iPhone to PC in three different ways, beginning with an easier and more effective solution.
Method 1. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to PC with UPDF
To effectively transfer data from your iPhone to a Windows PC, you will need a file manager app with the necessary features to make this happen. One of the best apps to use for this purpose is UPDF iOS app. This is an iOS file management app available for download on the App Store. It is a solution that goes a long way in allowing you to manage all documents on your device, including being able to transfer the documents from the iOS device to your computer.
The following are the benefits of choosing to use UPDF:
- UPDF is a complete solution, allowing you to upload, download, view, secure and organize all your documents in one place. You can manage all types of documents including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Images, Videos, and more.
- It is a particularly ideal solution for when you need to markup and sign PDF documents using the freehand drawing tool.
- The built-in intelligent scanner makes it very easy for you to create PDFs by scanning a photo or any other type of document. You can then crop, rotate, filter, delete or reorder the scanned image before converting it to PDF.
- The "Security Space" in UPDF allows you to adequately protect your documents using high-level security including Face ID and passcodes.
UPDF is also very easy to use, just follow these simple steps to transfer data from your iPhone to PC:
Step 1: Click "+" > "Computer"
This process will only work if both the iPhone and the PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Open UPDF on your iPhone and then click on the "+" symbol at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Then choose "Computer."
Step 2: Connect UPDF to Your PC
When both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you will see a URL on the iPhone screen.
Open a new browser window on your PC and enter this URL in the address bar. Hit "Enter."
This will connect UPDF to the PC.
Step 3: Transfer Data from iPhone to PC
When the two devices are connected, you should be able to see all the UPDF folders in your browser window.
Click on the "Download" button to download the files to your computer. This is how UPDF lets you transfer data from iPhone to PC.
To maintain the connection between the iPhone and the computer, keep the UPDF tab open on your device and the device screen remains unlocked.
Method 2. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to PC with USB
As we mentioned before, it is also quite possible to transfer data from your iPhone to PC using USB.
The process is simple. Here's how to do it:
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Turn on the iPhone and unlock it to enable the PC to detect the device.
- Step 2: Click on the "Start" button and then click on "Photos" to open the Windows Photos app.
- Step 3: Click on "Import > From a USB Device" and then follow the instructions to import photos from your iPhone and to the PC. You can choose the photos that you would like to import to your PC and the location on your PC where you would like to save them.
Once the photos are selected, allow a few minutes for the transfer process to be completed.
Method 3. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Windows Laptop with iCloud and iTunes
You can also use iCloud Photos for PC to transfer photos from your iPhone to PC. If you don't have iCloud for PC set up, you may want to do that first before you can transfer the photos to your computer.
Turning on iCloud Photos:
- Step 1: You need to download iCloud for Windows onto your PC.
- Step 2: Once it is installed, open it and sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Step 3: Click on "Options" next to "Photos" and choose "iCloud Photos."
- Step 4: Click "Done" and then click "Apply." Then turn on iCloud Photos on your iPhone as well.
Transfer your Photos and Videos from iCloud Photos:
Once iCloud Photos is enabled on both the PC and the iOS device, you will be able to see the photos and videos on your PC. To download them to your PC, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Open the File Explorer on your PC
- Step 2: Click on "iCloud Photos" in the navigation pane.
- Step 3: Choose the images that you would like to download to your PC.
- Step 4: Right-click on the selected images and then choose "Always keep on this device."
You can also sign in to iCloud on any browser on your PC, click on "Photos" and then choose to download the photos to your computer.
Transfer Data from iPhone to PC Via iTunes
The only way that you can transfer data from your iPhone to your PC via iTunes is to backup the device. This may get all your data to the computer, but it will be in the form of a backup file, meaning that you will not be able to see what is in the backup file.
To backup your iPhone in iTunes, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Step 2: Open iTunes on your PC and click on the "device" button at the top-left corner of the window.
- Step 3: Click on "Summary" and then choose "Back Up Now" in the "Backups" section.
Conclusion: now you know the three methods to help you transfer data from iPhone to PC. You can use one of the methods according to your situation. I think the easiest method for transferring data from iPhone to PC is to use UPDF app.
- Top 5 PDFsam Alternatives
- How to Merge PDFs with iLovePDF
- How to Combine PDF Files on Mac in 5 Ways
- How to Combine PDFs in Preview
- How to Split PDF in 4 Ways
- How to Change PDF Password in 2 Ways
- Top 9 PDF Encryption Software for Windows and Mac
- How to Remove Password from PDF in 4 Ways
- Top 5 PDF Unlockers and How to Unlock PDF