Do you ever 'get the shivers' whenever you see that someone sent you a ZIP file to your iPhone or iPad? ZIP files are notoriously hard to deal with because you need a different application to first unzip the file before you figure out how to view ZIP files on iPhone. The App Store does have a ton of those, but why waste time learning how to open ZIP files on iPhone when there's an app that can do everything for you? Here's an iOS app that can help you manage your files, compress them to ZIP, instantly unzip and view them, and even protect them with a passcode and Face ID security.
UPDF for iOS is a flexible application to help unify several iPhone and iPad tasks, such as file management, file security, sharing, compression (Create ZIP and open ZIP on iPhone), merging, etc. It offers multiple file import options, supports an array of file formats, and effectively acts as a gatekeeper for your most private media, documents, and other files. Here's an overview of UPDF features.
- Import and organize files into folders
- Manage files - Upload, Rename, Rotate, and perform other functions
- Create ZIP and unzip - Compress files to create ZIP files; easily unzip a file just by tapping it!
- File Security - Move folders and files into Security Space and protect them with all available hardware security measures
- Annotations and Signing - Mark up images and PDFs, and even add your signature to documents
Step 1: Import the ZIP Files to UPDF
Tap the + icon and bring in your ZIP files from the computer, or the Photos or Files app on your device.
Step 2: Tap a ZIP File to Open and View It
A simple tap on any ZIP file is all you need to instantly create a folder with the same name.
Tap into the folder, and then open and view the uncompressed content, such as videos, images, etc.
Just import the file and tap to open and view - it doesn't get any simpler than that. However, you're probably wondering, "Can you open ZIP files on iPhone using any other method?" Yes, you can, and here's how to do that.
The steps are essentially similar when using the native Files app on your iPhone, with a few important differences in terms of functionality, which we discuss after this section.
Step 1: Open the ZIP Location in Files
Launch the Files app.
Navigate to the folder where your ZIP file is stored.
Step 2: Tap to UNZIP Files on iPhone
Tap the ZIP file to unzip it and create a folder with uncompressed files.
Tap the folder to get into it.
Tap the content to open it in a supporting app.
The functional advantage of using UPDF rather than the native Files app is that you get access to a lot of useful tools like Security Space, annotations, scan to PDF, file compression, importing from a computer, and so on. It can perfectly complement your use of the Files app by providing a secure storage location where it's easy to organize and maintain your most important files, videos, photos, and more.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates