Do you ever 'get the shivers' whenever you see that someone sent you a ZIP file to your iPhone or iPad? ZIP files are notoriously hard to deal with because you need a different application to first unzip the file before you figure out how to view ZIP files on iPhone. The App Store does have a ton of those, but why waste time learning how to open ZIP files on iPhone when there's an app that can do everything for you? Here's an iOS app that can help you manage your files, compress them to ZIP, instantly unzip and view them, and even protect them with a passcode and Face ID security.
Introducing The Best App to Open Zip Files on iPhone
UPDF for iOS is a flexible application to help unify several iPhone and iPad tasks, such as file management, file security, sharing, compression (Create ZIP and open ZIP on iPhone), merging, etc. It offers multiple file import options, supports an array of file formats, and effectively acts as a gatekeeper for your most private media, documents, and other files. Here's an overview of UPDF features.
- Import and organize PDF files into folders
- Manage files - Upload, Rename, Rotate, and perform other functions
- Create ZIP and Unzip - Compress files to create ZIP files; easily unzip a file just by tapping it!
- Share PDF - You can share PDF files with others; setting "Disable Copy/Download/Print" or "Expiration Time"
- File Security - Move folders and files into Security Space and protect them with all available hardware security measures
- Flatten PDF - You can flatten multiple layers (annotation, written text and data) in PDF files into one layer.
- Annotations and Signing PDF - Mark up images and PDFs, and even add your signature to documents
How to Open ZIP File in iPhone
Step 1: Import the ZIP Files to UPDF
Tap the "+" icon and bring in your ZIP files from the computer, or the Photos or Files app on your device.
Step 2: Tap a ZIP File to Open and View It
A simple tap on any ZIP file is all you need to instantly create a folder with the same name.
Tap into the folder, and then open and view the uncompressed content, such as videos, images, etc.
Just import the file and tap to open and view - it doesn't get any simpler than that. However, you're probably wondering, "Can you open ZIP files on iPhone using any other method?" Yes, you can, and here's how to do that.
How to Open ZIP Files on iPhone with the Files App
The steps are essentially similar when using the native Files app on your iPhone, with a few important differences in terms of functionality, which we discuss after this section.
Step 1: Open the ZIP Location in Files
Launch the Files app.
Navigate to the folder where your ZIP file is stored.
Step 2: Tap to UNZIP Files on iPhone
Tap the ZIP file to unzip it and create a folder with uncompressed files.
Tap the folder to get into it.
Tap the content to open it in a supporting app.
The functional advantage of using UPDF rather than the native Files app is that you get access to a lot of useful tools like Security Space, annotations, scan to PDF, file compression, importing from a computer, and so on. It can perfectly complement your use of the Files app by providing a secure storage location where it's easy to organize and maintain your most important files, videos, photos, and more.
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today