PDF files are all over the web, at work and school, as well as on your iPhone and iPad. They make it possible to share information, such as documents, presentations, and brochures, in a universal format across devices. However, making notes or highlighting text in them is not possible for most people.
Hence, there are so many PDF editors for iOS on the App Store now. That being said, there are so many apps out there dedicated to making work easier and more productive, but only a select few really stand out.
We're here to make it easy for you to find the right ones. In the list below, I will share five free PDF editors for you to edit PDFs on your iPhone or iPad.
UPDF iOS app has almost all the functionalities that you need to edit PDF files on iPhone and iPad. There are a few more PDF editor apps in the App store, but it is still quite hard to find a proper app from 300+ apps.
- The app has a clean user interface, ensuring that anyone can easily use this application.
- It can also be used as a viewer and has AirPrint support, granting greater convenience to users.
- It integrates well with the cloud, which means it's easy to share your files across several devices. You can quickly jot down notes on a PDF, highlight sections, extract text, and perform other editing tasks using any machine.
- You can scan text from an image and use the camera scanner inbuilt function. It can help you create PDFs by scanning documents!
- You can also annotate your documents and add a signature.
- It can convert images to PDF files too! Moreover, if you want to convert multiple files, you can use its batch conversion features. Simply, you don't have to do the entire process for numerous files time and again.
- Security features of this app ensure that your valuable files stay secure from data thefts.
While there are free options that may work for simple tweaks and annotations, UPDF is a better choice if you find yourself regularly making other major edits.
Its intuitive layout puts the full PDF document at your fingertips -- you can scroll, flick and pinch to zoom or use two-finger rotation to easily browse multipage documents.
Making notes and annotations has never been easier:
- Choose any shape from our set of drawing tools.
- Add text boxes and images.
- Instantly share your work via email or other apps.
- Edit text, insert, move and delete images, and rearrange pages.
- Works with both single-page and multipage documents.
- It also allows you to highlight or underline text in different colors, strike out text that has been deleted, open pages in bulk or one by one.
- It also has is a complete set of redaction tools, including a magnifier, quick rectangle selection tool, and powerful text editing options.
With iAnnotate you can upload and open files directly from Dropbox or iCloud. You'll have annotations saved automatically in iCloud, which will be synced across all your devices. It is a product that allows you to read and annotate documents on your iPhone or iPad.
iAnnotate for iOS is an incredible app that allows you to add color to your PDFs, highlight text, and even make handwritten notes. It also includes a powerful bookmarking function that allows you to keep track of important pages.
- Easy and intuitive UI
- Annotate and markup your PDF documents
- Search and store PDF files on the go
- Enhance document security and privacy
- Syncs across all of your iOS devices
- You can also use the full screen mode that doubles as a presentation tool
- iAnnotate also enables you to convert scanned paper documents in PDF format into editable and searchable files on your device
Maybe you are a college student who needs to make a lot of PDFs for school. Or, you have some documents to convert into PDFs to send over email. We have just the app for you: WPS Office for Apple iOS.
WPS Office for iOS enables you to author, view, and edit documents from anywhere, anytime. It has more powerful functions than other editors.
- Quickly flip through your files with just one tap on the cover page of the PDF file.
- Print individual or multiple pages per sheet and customize your PDFs in the editable text pop-up window.
- Supports both portrait and landscape viewing modes, auto screen rotation, and extended zoom in/out function.
- You can reuse recent files quickly via the shortcuts in the drawer panel, move or copy multiple files at once, set your notification badge on or off, and much more.
Get powerful PDF editing right on your iPhone or iPad. You can view, create and annotate PDFs just like you can with Adobe Acrobat software on your computer.
- If you need to open any PDF files on your iPhone/iPad (for editing, sharing, or reading), you can use this app: it's a lightweight PDF/XPS viewer and editor.
- This app is really handy and easy to use, and it has all the functions you need (but not so many that it gets confusing).
- Bring documents into Acrobat Reader DC using AirDrop or Dropbox, or sync a folder of files with iTunes File Sharing.
- Get to work right away - sign and fill forms, add comments and redact sensitive data with the touch of a finger.
No one can deny that there are times you need to work with PDF files, whether it's a scanned document or an important e-book.
If you are looking for a reliable PDF editor on your iPhone and iPad, UPDF is the easiest way to go. It's totally free, can create new or edit existing PDF files, and last but not least, it's the only one with an offline file viewing mode with pagination.
Using UPDF is the most natural and easy-to-use iPhone PDF app. The interface is very intuitive, and it's the best way to edit, annotate, or proof PDF on your iPhone without breaking a sweat. Try it today!
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books
- Share PDF
- Annotate PDF
- How UPDF Help Students Improve the Productivity of Reading PDF Books?
- How Teachers can Improve the Productivity of Reviewing PDF Papers?
- Most Common PDF File Errors and Solutions
- Add Watermark
- Add Link
- Add Bookmark
- Why Use PDF File Instead of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Files