In this digital transformational world, every industry and institute is going paperless. All the documents are now digitalized; the most common are PDFs. PDF fillable forms are also a common term to know these days because a user can use them in multiple ways. Whether you are doing your final year project survey by using it or taking reviews from your clients, these fillable forms come in handy.
However, it would be best to use an efficient and cost-effective tool to work with them. The best tool that fits this scenario is UPDF, a universal PDF tool that can work on all the major operating systems. Moreover, by the end of this article, you will know how to save a fillable PDF on your device.
Part 1. Can You Save a Fillable PDF?
Yes, you can save PDF fillable forms expertly on your device by using a higher functionality tool named UPDF. Digital tool holds both merits and demerits, but there is no such thing in this tool because all it can do is best for the users. Editing and saving fillable PDF forms seems to be a tiresome task, but this tool makes it easy beyond your expectations. There are many PDFs tool present on the web, but not all of them can give you satisfactory results like UPDF.
Thus, high productivity and professional outlooks are the basic parts of UPDF. Its specialty not just ends with filling forms as it can make your simple-looking PDF file a creative and personalized masterpiece smoothy. It is like a marketplace with a wide range of tools that work together to create a unique and state-of-the-art PDF file. It works the same for fillable PDF forms, which is a good deal for both students and businesspersons.
Key Features of UPDF
This intuitive PDF tool supports all types of exemplary features so the user can do all types of work on PDF in one place. You can know what else UPDF can do for you by looking at the key feature listed below:
- Fillable out PDF Forms: PDF format is widely used as fillable forms, and this tool can make it a special experience for you. You can open your PDF file and fill out it directly. The process is very smooth and simple. It can also help you to make the fillable forms more interactive. You can also easily customize text boxes, checkboxes, and a dropdown list of your fillable PDF forms. In short, it is the best tool to work on PDF fillable forms without interruptions.
- Edit PDF: There are many leading editing metrics present in this tool that can enhance the outlook of your PDF fillable forms. Here you will not only learn about how to save a fillable PDF, but you can also learn how to edit PDF files. With it, you can edit text, images, and links in a file swiftly and smoothly.
- Annotate PDF: Annotation not only makes your PDF more engaging, but it also helps in making essential points more notable. Every annotation tool in UPDF is advanced, which can also upgrade your file's readability. You can also use this feature to make the fillable PDF forms more user-friendly and engaging.
- Convert PDF: Sometimes, you create a fillable PDF form, but because of institutional requirements, you have to change its format. Worry no more because this can also be done effectively with this PDF converter. It can help you convert PDFs into major formats like Word and Excel. XML, HTML, PDF/A, and many more.
Part 2. How Do I Save a Fillable PDF Form on Windows and Mac
If you want to save PDF with fillable fields, you need to work with a reliable tool to work on fillable PDF forms on Mac, and the same goes for Windows because Windows doesn't have any built-in PDF tool. This part will help you with a query like how to save a fillable PDF on Mac and Windows. For this, follow the steps listed underneath:
Step 1. Open your PDF with UPDF
Download UPDF on your Mac or Windows computer from the official website of this PDF editor. After this, launch this application and import the fillable PDF form into it.
Step 2. Fill out PDF forms
Once the file is imported, read the form carefully and fill it out according to your understanding. With this tool, you can work with text fields, checkboxes, and dropdown menus in a fillable PDF form.
Step 3. Save PDF with Fillable Fields
Now that the form is filled, you can save it on your device. For this, click on the "File" tab from the above panel and then click on the "Save As" button to save the filled form. If you want to implement changes on the original file, go to the "Save" button.
Part 3. How to Save Fillable PDF as Read-Only Protection
Sometimes a PDF fillable form is loaded with sensitive information that only authorized persons should see. You can customize the forms to read-only PDF with the help of UPDF. To know how to save fillable PDF as read-only without any problem, look at the steps listed here:
Step 1. Fill out the PDF form with UPDF
For initials, open UPDF on your device and import the form. After this, fill out the forms by following the instructions on them. Make sure you read all the instructions carefully before marking your answer.
Step 2. Add a Permission Password to PDF
After filling out the form, the next step is to make it read-only. Now, click on the "Protect Using Password" button from the right toolbar. From the prompt window, select the "Permissions" button. Following this, add the password and confirm it.
Step 3. Save Fillable PDF as Read Only
Afterward, click on the "More Options" dropdown menu and mark all the tabs as "Not allowed." Select "Apply," and following this, hit the "Save" button. Choose a path to save the form and again click on the "Save" button to create a new protected PDF form.
As this article discussed, fillable PDF forms are very common in multiple domains, and users need to work on them with a reliable tool. The PDF tool should hold all the features to make the forms more creative and customized. A tool that fits this criterion is UPDF because it has all the advanced tools needed to work on fillable forms. It will also help with questions like how to save PDFs with fillable fields.
You can follow the simple steps discussed in this article to save fillable PDF forms on Mac and Windows. It can also help with making these forms read-only, as you can set permission passwords to them. Moreover, you can also rely on UPDF for modifying PDF files by editing, converting, and annotating it.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates