HEIC to PDF conversion has been a bit of a problem for several years now. Apple's unique file format for images gives users crisp and realistic shots, but only at the cost of not being compatible with major OS platforms like Windows and Android. Thankfully, we now have tools to convert files from HEIC to PDF, which makes them easier to share or send via email because the recipients won't have compatibility issues.
Method 1. How to Convert HEIC to PDF on iPhone and iPad
Rather than exporting your files and then converting them to a more universal and shareable format, it's better to complete the process on the device in which the photos were shot. In other words, directly on your iPhone or iPad. For this, we'll be using a robust HEIC to PDF converter called UPDF. Although it is a vast and comprehensive tool designed to manage files and folders on iOS and iPadOS devices, it comes with a lot of extras such as file conversion from images to PDFs. In the first instance, let's use UPDF to convert an HEIC screenshot into a PDF file.
Step 1: Import HEIC File to UPDF
UPDF gives you the flexibility to import image files from your Photos app, from local files on your device, or even from your computer. In this scenario, we'll do a simple import from Photos:
- Step 1. Launch UPDF and tap the + symbol, then choose Photos as your import source.
- Step 2. When the Photos app opens, select the HEIC file - you can also choose multiple files by sliding your finger across the required files.
- Step 3. Tap the "Add" button at the top to import the image files.
Step 2: Convert HEIC File to PDF
The next step is to convert the imported HEIC file to PDF. Follow the steps below to do this:
Step 1. Tap the "…" icon next to the HEIC file, or long-press the HEIC image.
Step 2. In the extended menu, tap on "Convert to PDF".
That’s it! A new PDF file will be created in the same location as the original HEIC file and with the same name but a different file extension.
Method 2. How to Convert HEIC to PDF with Google Chrome
Google Chrome supports both image and PDF viewing, so we can use this native feature to convert an HEIC file into a PDF without any additional tools. The process is as simple as dragging the image file into a new Chrome tab and then using the Print dialog in Chrome to convert the file to a PDF. Here are the steps.
Step 1: Drag an Image File into Chrome
- Go to an Explorer window and locate the HEIC file.
- Drag the file, toggle to any Chrome window and drop it - it will open in a new tab.
- Click the Print option to open the default Print dialog in Google Chrome.
Step 2: Convert HEIC to PDF
- Select "Save as PDF" from the available destination options.
- Save the file to the desired folder as a PDF.
Method 3. How to Convert HEIC to PDF Online
There are many online HEIC to PDF converter, and you can choose whatever you like. I will take one of the tools as an example (But actually, you can use any online tools to do it.) Zamzar is a powerful online file conversion website with a wide range of useful tools to convert files from one format to another. The conversion process is straightforward, as shown below:
Step 1: Upload the HEIC to Zamzar. Head to the Zamzar URL for HEIC to PDF conversion. Click the "Add Files" button to import the file.
Step 2: Choose the output format. Make sure that PDF is selected as the output file format. Check the box if you require an email to be sent on completion.
Step 3: Convert HEIC to PDF. Click the "Convert Now" button. Click "Download" and save the converted PDF file to a local folder or a cloud storage service.
Method 4. How to Convert HEIC to PDF on Mac
Since Mac is part of Apple's OS ecosystem, it natively supports HEIC files through the Preview app. You can use this to convert HEIC to PDF on Mac, as described below:
Step 1: Open HEIC in Preview
Right-click your HEIC file and select "Open with" to choose "Preview" - if that's your default image viewer, simply double-click the file.
Step 2: Convert from HEIC to PDF
Click the "File" menu and select "Export Selected Images" - you can also choose "Export as PDF" in that same menu. Save the file to a local folder - you can change the filename if you need to.
In Conclusion: You now have multiple methods to convert HEIC to PDF. If you're on an iPad or iPhone, the best option is UPDF, which not only provides powerful conversion options for images to PDF but also includes a robust suite of tools to help you manage files and folders on your iDevice. One thing to remember here is that not all these different methods will yield the same results. While UPDF maintains the resolution of the original image, you may experience some quality loss with other methods. That's why it's important to have UPDF installed on your iPhone or iPad, where the HEIC image is generated. This way, you don't need to transfer or upload the image anywhere - just import it into UPDF and convert it in a lossless manner.
- How to Ssave a Google Doc as PDF?
- How to Highlight & Add More Highlight Colors in Word – A Comprehensive Guide
- How to Be More Productive at Home, Work, Study, and Life
- How to Annotate and Markup Different Documents - Word/PDF/Excel
- How to Concentrate at Work and Study to Boost Your Productivity
- How the AI-Powered Microsoft 365 Copilot Brings Revolution to Document Productivity
- 5 Best Free PDF Editors for Students (100% Free)
- How to Improve Writing Skills for Students? (6 Proven Ways)
- The User Guide for UPDF Enterprise Plan
- The Ultimate Student Discounts List For All Your Needs
- 10 Best Book Review Examples for College Students
- 14 Most Profitable Skills to Learn for Students
- How to Buy Microsoft Office for Mac Student Discount? A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Get Foxit PhantomPDF Student Discount? (Save 76%)
- How to Get Adobe Acrobat Student Discount? (Detailed Guide)