PDF is a trendy digital format used in various cases to share documents, etc. There are numerous PDF readers that are available across different platforms, like iOS, Windows, Mac, Android, etc., that assist you in opening PDF files on them.
Yet those who want to read PDF on android devices need help finding the best app to do the job. That being the case, introducing this article which has chosen the best PDF software for you and how you can use it to your benefit on your Android device. So, without further ado, let's dive right into it!
Part 1. How to View PDF on Android?
There is a misconception about the reading feature of a PDF reader. A wide range of audiences perceives that reading PDF on the phone only means opening a PDF file and viewing it. However, there's more to it.
PDF readers that are efficient and serviceable become game changers for PDF users. They not only allow their users to view PDF files but also annotate PDF files while reading. In addition, it should have plenty of reading modes that can give the users a clear view while reading PDF files.
Sadly, not all PDF readers provide you with the top-notch PDF features you're searching for. However, UPDF for Android does that! UPDF can make you read PDF on android in a Split screen mode and full-page view mode.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Want to know how you can do the same while using UPDF to view PDFs on android? If yes, then you've landed just right! Here's a step-by-step guideline to use the competitive PDF on your Android device.
Read PDFs in Different Layouts
With UPDF for Android, you can view PDF files in different page payouts. Here are the steps to view in PDF in multiple layouts with UPDF.
- Open PDF with UPDF and then click the three-dots icon on the top-right corner.
- Select the "View Settings" option.
- Then you can choose Page Layout (Single Page or Two Pages), Scrolling Direction (Horizontal or Vertical), Disable scrolling in the other direction, and Continuous Scrolling.
Go to the Specific Page
If you want to go to the other specific page directly, just click the three-dots icon and choose the "Go to Page" option. Then you can enter the page number and tap the "Confirm" button.
Read PDF in a Split-Screen Mode
Here’s how you can view PDFs on an android device in split-screen mode.
- Start by opening your PDF file by tapping on any PDF that you want to view.
- The split-screen mode allows the user to open 2 PDFs and view them simultaneously.
- Now, long press on the screen when selecting a PDF document.
- Search for "Open in multi window" and tap on it!
Voila! You've just finished the last step on how to read PDF on Android in split-screen mode. This way, you can match both files and read them together.
Select/Search/Translate/Copy Text in PDF when Reading
When you read your PDF document, if you have some questions about the content, you can select the text and search for it in the browser directly. Or if your document language is a foreign language, you can select the content and translate them quickly.
Make Annotations when Reading PDF Files
Sometimes you can’t just read PDF notes just like that. Instead, you need to make notes while reading that can help you in active revision. With UPDF, you'll be able to make your file more readable and convenient. Here’s how you can do it with UPDF.
Open any PDF file you want using UPDF.To initiate annotation, tap on the "Markup" icon and proceed.
- Highlight Text: Click on the "Highlight" option at the top of the interface and hover your pointer/ finger on the text you want to highlight. Also, if you want to change the brush's color, long-press to change it.
- Add Strike-through, Underline, and Squiggly line to your Text: Select the strike-through icon on the top to add the strike-through effect to the text. Then repeat the same steps above to add both strike-through strike-through and underlining effects.
- Add Sticky Notes: Click on the "sticky note" icon at the top of the interface to add sticky notes. Choose the style and color you want to pick and add text freely.
- Add Shapes: To add shapes to your PDF file, click on the "shapes" icon and choose the type of shape, color, thickness, and transparency according to your liking.
Part 2. What's the Best PDF Reader for Android?
So, for those who want to hear what's the best app to read PDF books on Android, here's an answer to your query. It is UPDF! Yes, you got it right! If you want an elite experience while reading PDF files on an Android device, then UPDF is the best choice for you.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
It has valuable features that you can utilize to not only read but also perform various functions, including PDF management, annotation, and more!
Despite being called a PDF reader on Android devices, there is much more to it. Here are some of the top-rated features of the UPDF reader that you need to know about.
- Annotation: There are plenty of annotation tools available on UPDF that serve the best purpose. You can use a pencil eraser, add sticky notes on a PDF file, and add various shapes where you can change the thickness and color of it.
In addition, you can add a squiggly line, strike-through, and underline your text by only hovering on the text that you've selected.
- PDF Manager: UPDF has useful file manager features that you can use to efficiently manage your PDF files with ease. You can delete, duplicate, print, share, copy, rename, and even add your PDF file to your favorites.
By adding it to your favorites, you won't have to undergo the trouble of locating the file on your Android device. Instead, it will be present on the favorites list of UPDF.
- View and Read PDFs on Android: One of the basic needs of every android user is to view and read PDFs on Android easily. UPDF takes PDF reading a step ahead of other PDF software. It has four reading modes and a separate split-screen mode that allows you to view two PDF files simultaneously.
Moreover, you can easily zoom into and out of your PDF file to get a clear and convenient view of the text.
Unlike popular PDF software like Adobe Acrobat, UPDF doesn't have a complex and complicated user interface. You can easily access UPDF and perform all PDF-related tasks quickly.
The placement of icons and buttons makes it so convenient that even a 7-year-old can successfully use the UPDF software without any trouble.
Despite the top-rated functionality of the software, it is available for free. Yes, you’ve heard it right! You can annotate, read, and even manage your PDF files using UPDF for free!
Work on All Platforms
UPDF is available across all popular platforms Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. It supports Android 5.0 and above.
Part 3. FAQS about Reading PDF on Android
1. Why can't I read PDF files on my Android?
It is the most common issue that most users face when they want to read PDFs on phones. The problem occurs when UPDF doesn't support the file you're trying to read/ view. Gladly, UPDF can support all PDF formats like PDF/ A and regular PDF. However, you can check the file's extension if it's other than .pdf.
2. Is there a free PDF reader for Android?
Those who want a free PDF reader for android can bless their eyes by reading this news. UPDF is the number one PDF reader for your Android device. It allows the users to read PDF files in four modes and utilize the split-screen mode to read two files simultaneously.
In addition, it has other top-quality features like annotations where you can add sticky notes, use pencil and eraser, highlight, underline, and strike through the text at the same place for free!
3. What app do I need to view PDFs?
There are plenty of android PDF applications available on the Google Play Store that one can use to view PDF files. However, if you want to know the best app to read PDF books on android devices and annotate PDF apps, UPDF is the best choice for you.
It allows the reader to read PDF files in 4 different modes and annotate them while reading them. You can highlight, underline, and add squiggly lines and sticky notes to your PDF file.
4. How do I enable a PDF reader on Android?
If you want to know how to view PDF files on Android, the first step is to learn how to enable it on your device. Take UPDF as an example and follow these steps to enable a PDF reader on your Android phone.
- Go to the Play Store.
- Search for the PDF reader that you want to download, like UPDF.
- Click on the download button and proceed to install it.
- Next, whenever you’re opening a PDF file, tap to open it with your PDF viewer, and you're done!
5. Why is my PDF not readable?
This issue is often addressed when your PDF file is in the wrong/ different format. For instance, you won't be able to open an Excel file using your PDF reader. Another reason might be corrupted, which is why your PDF reader is unable to read it.
A PDF reader is a basic necessity for every android user. You can use it to open, view, and read your PDF file. For those looking for PDF software that takes you a step ahead of the average PDF reader, UPDF is worth the pick.
It not only allows you to read but also annotates and manages your file efficiently. So, download it today, and enjoy the journey with it!
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure