PDF, the Portable Document Folder, is a widely used file format for exchanging and presenting data. This versatile file format is easy to read and create and helps protect the document with passwords, etc.
If you work with Excel files as a part of your job, you might get stuck with converting an Excel file to a PDF. If that's the case, we have got you covered! In this article, we have described different ways to convert Excel to PDF, either online or offline. Dive in to learn about them!
Why Do You Need to Convert Excel to PDF?
Excel is the most fantastic way to keep track of different data and documents. You may build a report of hundreds of data points using the software's many capabilities and features. This is why many organizations and enterprises utilize it as their primary data collection and analysis tool. Spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel, is a powerful tool for directing your corporation.
These spreadsheets, however, are complex. When you employ a formula to input data into the file, you must ensure that these facts will not be changed.
This is when the PDF version of your paper comes in handy. Excel to PDF conversion has several advantages. Some examples are shown below.
1. Permanently Pertain to The Encoding And Calculation
Since it is an uneditable document, PDFs retain all of the calculations previously established on your Spreadsheet. It will just transform the information on the sheet and store it as a PDF document. It's analogous to digitally printing your Excel file. Furthermore, PDF preserves spreadsheet formatting, such as font size and cell color. You will format it like an e-book, which is ideal for prolonged saving.
Additionally, it retains the original document's quality. If your Spreadsheet contains tables and charts, you may still see them in a high-quality PDF format.
2. Password-Protect Your Document
You may encrypt a password on the converted PDF file to give security to your spreadsheet. You may only share the password with the appropriate authority with the file's rights. If your PDF contains a password, a dialogue window will appear before you open it. This implies that if someone not permitted to view the file attempts to read it, they will be unlikely to do so without a passcode.
3. Keep Your Data Safe and Unaltered
PDFs are long-lasting files. It's similar to an imaging finish on a document, where a user can readily examine the data but can't alter it immediately. It's an inexpensive way to ensure that no matter who visits your spreadsheet, it will change no information. Once you've finished the report, you may convert it to PDF. The converted file can be used as a permanent record in your accountancy.
4. Make Your Data Look More Polished
If you are required to share your spreadsheet with your superiors or clients, show them a confusing spreadsheet. While Excel is a very effective data collection program, it appears daunting to the average user. If you change it to PDF, the user can readily grasp its contents because it will seem like any other document. You can go into a bit of depth regarding the intricacies of the formula. A PDF document is self-contained.
5. You May Access Your Spreadsheet at Any Time from Any Place
Both desktop and mobile devices support PDF. If you have a PDF copy of your Excel file, you may quickly process it even if your device does not have spreadsheet software. It also works with all operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac, and all browsers, including Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. It provides a more manageable way to handle your reports and information.
Method 1 - How to Save Excel as PDF for Free Directly
One may save or convert your files to PDFs via Office products, so you can transfer them or write them using business printers. You won't need any additional software or plug-ins.
- Open the file in Microsoft Excel.
- Go to the "File" option, and click "Save as." Choose a location for the PDF file.
- There will be a Save As popup. In the "Save as type" area, choose "PDF (*.PDF)".
- Enter a file name.
- Then click the "Save" button.
Pros and Cons of Using This Method:
MS Excel only allows you to save excel as a PDF. However, if you want to edit the file further, you must opt for a professional PDF editor, like UPDF. This tool allows you to convert Excel to PDF, edit the text, annotate, organize, and add comments to the document.
Method 2 - How to Convert Excel to PDF Online with iLovePDF
iLovePDF is an online platform that has converted files to and from PDF formats. You may import files from your PC, Dropbox, or Google Drive here. Converting Excel to PDF via iLovePDF is a simple process. You are only a few taps away from your output file before you begin. The instructions below demonstrate how to use iLovePDF to convert Excel to PDF.
- Go to the Excel to PDF iLovePDF website in your browser.
- Select the target Excel file by clicking the "Select EXCEL files" button.
- After uploading the Excel file, click the "Convert to PDF" option.
- The conversion must proceed immediately. When finished, click the "Download PDF" button to download your new PDF file.
Pros and Cons of Using This Method:
- The features of iLovePDF are basic and only support a few file types.
- iLovePDF cannot function without an online connection.
- You can only upload files up to a specific size with iLovePDF. The majority of them do not support batch conversion.
- It is inappropriate for sensitive data since putting files on the internet raises the danger of hacking.
- When you download a converted file, you run the risk of installing harmful applications that will destroy your data and harm your device.
Therefore, UPDF is the ultimate option for your PDF tasks. Unlike online software, you can easily access it offline and annotate, organize, add comments or simply edit the text of your PDF documents without hassle. You can even secure your data with the encryption feature that will protect your document from hackers.
Method 3 - How to Convert Excel to PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC also is also an Excel to PDF converter. To understand how to do it, follow these simple steps:
- Drag and drop a file into the program or you can click the "Tools" button on the top toolbar and select the "Create PDF" option.
- Then click the "Select a file" button above.
- Choose the file to convert from XLS or XLSX to PDF format.
- Click the button "Create", and Acrobat automatically transforms the Excel sheet to PDF format when it is uploaded.
Pros and Cons of Using This Method:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC costs money to convert effortlessly.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC needs significant time to convert Excel to PDF format.
- Because photos are not editable, it occasionally crashes when many of them are present.
UPDF can be the best option for your PDF game. Because it has a user-friendly interface that enables you to perform PDF tasks with ease and minimum effort. On top of it, it isn't pricey, and neither requires 24/7 internet connectivity.
The Best All-in-one PDF Editor and Converter
After you convert excel to PDF format, if you encounter a text problem or you still want to make changes to the PDF document, then UPDF can be the best solution for you. You can easily edit the text, change images, and annotate your converted PDF document.
UPDF is the shortest, smoothest, most powerful, most efficient PDF editor accessible. It has the most effective approach among PDF converters. Its interface is simple and intuitive, allowing fast access to all the functionality needed to generate and alter PDF documents.
UPDF's goal is to make it simple to organize, read, alter, authorize, and share high-quality PDF files by offering a wide range of powerful yet user-friendly features. You may try it for free by downloading it.
UPDF comes pre-loaded with a wide range of customized text editing options for your simplicity.
Whenever users utilize such features, they can modify a text in any way they see fit, correcting a grammatical error, a misspelling, or a term the consumer needs to alter. This feature allows users to alter a text in whatever way they see fit.
PDF Conversion and Annotation
Converting PDF files into different formats is a simple procedure with this program. It allows you to convert PDF to Word, Excel, CSV, PowerPoint, Text, HTML, XML, RTF, and other formats.
It also has robust annotation features, such as highlight, strikethrough, underline, sticky note, text box, pencil, shapes, stamps, etc.
It has a robust optical character recognition (OCR) tool that can assist you in converting scanned PDFs into searchable and editable texts.
Show PDF as a Slideshow
UPDF allows you to display a PDF in the style of a slideshow. It is a new feature introduced by UPDF. Moreover, this feature reduces the need for your presentation to use PowerPoint slides. PDFs may also be displayed as a slideshow using UPDF.
Advantages of UPDF
- The program uses cutting-edge technology to speed up reading and editing operations.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Editing, organizing, converting, annotating, OCR, and encrypting PDFs are just a few of the many features contained in the program, among many more.
- You can convert up to 5 documents without incurring additional charges.
- It is highly secure, dependable, and user-friendly software.
- UPDF's user interface is primary and enjoyable.
- It features relatively reasonable pricing levels.
Converting Excel to PDF is more complex than it sounds, mainly when working with crucial data that must be error-free. You want to obtain a balanced result on financial or academic paperwork. In this scenario, you will need to find an Excel to PDF converter.
Evaluating which format best fits your needs while exchanging documents is critical. PDFs are usually the best solution. UPDF is our recommendation for all of your PDF reading and editing requirements. Its powerful OCR tool will assist you in recognizing text in scanned PDFs in 38-plus languages. It transforms your scanned PDF into an editable, searchable document with the highest accuracy and outcomes. Moreover, it is easy to use and you don't need any learning curve to begin to use it.
- Top 12 Best Cross-Platform Productivity Apps 2023 to Streamline Workflow Efficiency
- 20 Best Productivity Tips and Hacks to Improve Workflow in 2023
- Exploring GPT-4 and Comparing its Features with ChatGPT
- 5 Most Useful Tips to Help You Work Faster
- PDF vs Word Docx - What are the Key Differences?
- Apple Events of the Whole Year of 2023 - Everything We Know
- Everything We Know About WWDC 2023 So Far
- How to Make Time Go Faster at Work in 5 Ways
- Google Bard Vs. Bing ChatGPT: The Battle for AI Search Engine Supremacy
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Work Performance