Adobe Acrobat remains the go-to solution for most people when creating, editing, or converting PDF documents. Because it is designed to be the premier tool to manage PDF documents, it comes with all the tools you need to do so. So, when you want to convert PDF to Word, it is natural for you to turn to Adobe Acrobat first.
But Adobe Acrobat has also been known to be quite confusing and you may find that you are unable to find the conversion tool you need. In this guide, we share with you how you can use Adobe Acrobat to convert PDF to Word easily.
How to Convert PDF to Word with Adobe Acrobat Alternative
Before we look at how you can use Adobe Acrobat to convert PDF to Word, we thought we'd share with you a simple, more effective solution. UPDF Converter is designed to simplify the conversion process so you can convert PDF files to Word and other formats in a matter of seconds. The conversion process that you complete using UPDF Converter will retain the original formatting consistently even when converting more than one document.
Here's how to use UPDF Converter to convert a PDF document to Word format:
Step 1: Add Files
Open UPDF Converter on your computer and then click on "Add Files" at the top to select the PDF document that you would like to convert. You can also add files by simply dragging and dropping the file into the program's main interface.
Step 2: Select the Output Format
This software supports many output formats including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Text, Images, RTF, HTML, XML, PDF/A. In this situation, you can select "Word". And there are three options for the output Word document (Flowing, Continuous, Exact).
If the document has more than one page, but you don't want to convert all the pages, you can use the "Page Range" section on the right to choose the pages you want to convert. Click on the three dots next to the document and set the page range for conversion. To convert the entire document, select "All Pages."
Step 3: Convert the PDF to Word
Now, click "Go", select the output folder, and the conversion process will begin immediately. You should see the conversion progress indicated next to the document. The whole process should be over in a few seconds.
How to Convert PDF to Word with Adobe Acrobat Desktop Solution
Converting a PDF document to Word on the desktop version of Adobe Acrobat is a relatively simple process. Follow these steps to do it:
Step 1: Open Adobe Acrobat on your PC and then use it to open the PDF file that you want to convert. You can also find the file on your computer, right-click on it and select "Open With" to choose Acrobat.
Step 2: Once the document is open in Acrobat, click on the "Export PDF" tool on the right.
Step 3: Select "Microsoft Word" as the format and then choose "Word Document."
Step 4: Click "Export" to begin the conversion. If the PDF is scanned or contains scanned content Acrobat will run text recognition before converting the document.
Step 5: Name the converted file and choose a DOC or DOCX extension before clicking on the "Save" button to save the newly-created Word document.
How to Convert PDF to Word with Adobe Acrobat Online Solution
If you don't want to install Adobe Acrobat on your computer, you can choose to use its online solution. Available on most browsers, this online version is just as effective as the desktop version. Here's how to use it:
Step 1: Go to Adobe Acrobat PDF to Word online website to access the online version of Adobe Acrobat. On the home screen, click on "Tools" and then select "Export PDF." You may need to scroll through to find this tool.
Step 2: Drag and drop the PDF file that you want to convert into the window that opens. You can also click "Add a file from your device" to choose the PDF file.
Step 3: Once the file has been added, check that the "Export to" section has "Microsoft Word" selected. This is also the section that you can use if you want to convert the document to any other format. Just select the preferred format from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: With everything in order, click "Export to DOCX" to start the conversion process. In a few seconds, you should see the Word version of your document on the screen. You can choose to download it to your computer or view it in Microsoft Office Online.
Comparison Between UPDF Converter and Adobe Acrobat
To make it easier for you to choose between these tools, we thought we might offer a comparison. And since each tool has its own strengths and weaknesses, there is no better way to compare them than to outline each tool's pros and cons.
UPDF Converter Pros and Cons
- UPDF Converter has a simple user interface that makes the conversion process fast, efficient, and very easy.
- The formatting in the original PDF document will remain consistent even when converting more than one document at the same time.
- It supports batch conversions without compromising on the speed of the conversion process.
- It supports the conversion of PDF documents into a variety of other formats including Excel, PPT, images, HTML, and XML
- Its OCR module makes it easier and more efficient to convert scanned or image-rich documents
- It is only a converter and may not have the necessary tools to edit PDF documents directly
Adobe Acrobat Pros and Cons
- It is one of the most complete PDF managers in the world, allowing users to create, edit and convert PDFs
- Conversion is very accurate and retains the original formatting
- You can convert your PDF documents to other formats such as Excel, HTML, PowerPoint, and more
- It can be used to convert bulk documents at the same time
- The user interface can be difficult to use and may not immediately be interpreted by beginner users.
- though it comes with a lot of useful tools, this program can be expensive and out of reach of many.
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF