Summarizing articles helps to learn the key takeaways of the article and cut down minutes and probably hours of reading time.
Luckily, we live in an era with websites where you can summarize articles within seconds and get to know the major points.
In this blog, we will walk you through the top 10 article summarizer websites in 2023 and also introduce you to a better alternative tool that you can use to take article summarizing offline.
Summarizing an article manually by yourself involves a lot of time and effort. It can be done efficiently by utilizing a few smart steps. Nevertheless, it isn’t as efficient as using an article summarizer online.
Article summarizers provide benefits such as:
- Saving hours from reading and getting summaries of lengthy articles instantly.
- Instantly receiving the key takeaways and most important points from the article.
- Being able to get summaries that are easy to comprehend from complex and lengthy articles.
- Receiving summaries that are plagiarism-free.
- Receiving summaries that do not contain irrelevant and redundant information from the article.
Most article summarizers use AI tools to instantly go through the document, analyze the information, and generate automated summaries that provide value to those looking for it.
Using article summarizers with AI capabilities is a game changer for your workflow. There are many great tools that specialize for this purpose and can help solve users’ problems instantly.
However, having a tool that can take your article summarizing needs offline is crucial. Moreover, it would be great if you had a tool that can also offer more than just summarizing.
That’s why UPDF can be your most efficient alternate tool to address your summarizing needs and also other PDF-related needs. It is an effective PDF editing and management software.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Follow these steps to use UPDF and its AI feature to summarize your articles effectively:
Step 1. Save the article in a World document first. Then, launch UPDF and select File, then Create, then PDF from Word (.docx) to have it converted as a PDF and opened in UPDF.
Step 2. Click the UPDF AI icon that is located at the bottom right corner of the UPDF interface to access the AI chat.
Step 3. Once the chat box opens, select the Ask PDF tab and Get Started. Within seconds, you will get an automated article summary of the entire document.
Step 4. For specific requests, you can enter prompts in the chat box to adjust summaries. For example, if you want to summarize a specific paragraph, simply select, copy, and type on the chat: "Summarize this: [paste the paragraphs]". Then, press Enter.
Step 5. If you want to polish the generated summary, you can ask the chat to "Polish the generated summary for me". Then, it will execute it.
UPDF AI supports summarizing articles through a web link with the Chat feature so this adds a plus for making it easy for you to summarize articles. Besides summarizing articles, you can make use of the Translate, Explain, and Write features to understand articles better and optimize them in your own words.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
As you can see, UPDF AI provides amazing benefits. Nevertheless, there are also many other AI-equipped article summarizers you should definitely try out. Here is a list of 10 article summarizers that shouldn’t go unnoticed, along with their pros and cons:
A list of AI article summarizers cannot start without mentioning ChatGPT. Yes, this powerful AI interface can also be used for summarizing lengthy articles. All you need to do is access the conversation box, type "TLDR" (It means Too Long Didn’t Read), then paste the article content after it, and hit send. ChatGPT will instantly provide you with a short and efficient summary of articles.
- Provides summaries within seconds and in a structured form.
- Summarize articles from multiple languages such as English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, etc.
- The free GPT model has a limit of around 3,000 words.
- It takes time to copy and paste content from an article. With ChatGPT Plus (GPT 4), you can only paste the link and ask it to summarize the article. It is not possible in its free version.
- Cannot upload any external file and ask it to summarize the article.
TLDR This is a simplified interface where it allows you to simply paste the article’s URL and instantly get article summaries, making it very easy to use.
- Extract important keywords.
- Provides various summarizing modes.
- No advertisements in its free version to disturb the users when summarizing articles.
- Can instantly get it as a Chrome extension.
- The free version only gives up to 10 summaries. Pricing starts at $4 per month for Starter and $8.25 per month for Professional.
- The paid version doesn’t even provide unlimited AI summaries.
- Doesn’t allow you to set the number of words to use for the generated summaries.
Similar to TLDR This, SMMRY is also another convenient summarizing tool where you can paste the article’s URL, and also upload the full article from a text file.
- Completely free. No paid plans.
- Can upload files and summarize PDF and TXT documents.
- Highlights most critical sentences and paragraphs with its heat map.
- You can set a sentence limit for the generated summaries.
- The generated summaries can be inaccurate sometimes as it is not powered by the latest AI technology.
- It can take some minutes to summarize longer articles.
- It only allows up to 100 inquiries daily.
QuillBot is quite a versatile article summarizing tool that can be used on the website and also as a Chrome extension. Its major feature is to summarize the articles and highlight key sentences logically.
- Provides extensions for Chrome, Word, and macOS.
- Can get most done in its free plan version. No signup or credit card information is required.
- Can upload files easily for summarizing.
- Provides the option to translate languages and check grammar.
- You only get two summarizing modes in its free plan version.
- There is a limitation in characters for both free and paid plans.
- It doesn’t have AI content detection ability.
AppZaza is another article summarizer that helps to generate summaries from long articles quickly. It has an easy-to-use interface and is beginner-friendly. It’s another summarizing tool that is worth a try.
- Completely free tool to use.
- It doesn’t have any character limit.
- You can instantly access the tool without any registration.
- You cannot upload files or export generated summaries.
- There are too many ads that can disrupt the user flow.
- Doesn’t allow you to adjust the words for the generated summaries.
Paraphraser is another online tool that helps to summarize long articles into condensed summaries. It offers the option to upload documents of long research papers, articles, and even books.
- You can upload files and get accurate summaries instantly.
- It supports languages including English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Dutch, Turkish, and Indonesian.
- It provides the option to check grammar, plagiarism, paraphrase, and rewrite the generated summaries.
- The free version has limitations. For example, its Creative, Smart, and Shorten modes are only available in its paid plans.
Summarizer is an online tool that can summarize articles you get online quickly. It is another versatile summarizing tool that is worth exploring and using.
- It is a completely free online tool to use.
- You can upload files from your computer.
- It supports various languages such as English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, and Indonesian.
- It can provide summaries in the form of bullet points and also reveal the "best line" of the content.
- It allows you to set the number of words for the generated summaries.
- Only 6 languages are supported.
- Sometimes it fails to analyze files.
Scholarcy is mainly used as a research tool for academic-related needs and it does a fine job of summarizing articles, reports, and several pages of a document.
- You can upload documents conveniently. It can also analyze Excel and images.
- It can create links for cited sources and prepare referenced summaries.
- It can extract the main points instantly from long papers.
- It can offer you a free trial period. Subscription starts at $7.99 per month.
Summarizing Tool helps to generate short summaries from long articles and texts without altering the original meaning of the text. It also provides the option to upload files of various formats.
- It is free to use.
- It supports multiple languages such as English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Swedish, Indonesian, and Turkish.
- Able to support different file formats when uploading the document.
- There is no character limit for summarizing.
- It lacks the ability to analyze a file that contains charts.
Resoomer is a French-based article summarizer that is easy to use online and also generated quick summaries.
- You can upload documents for summarizing.
- It protects your data based on European data protection regulations.
- Supports languages including English, French, Spanish, Italian, and German.
- No signup or registration is required to start using it.
- Its pricing plan starts at 4.90€ per month.
Also Read: Bing Article Summarizer Review
All the 10 AI-based article summarizers that were mentioned are pretty cool. However, if you want something more than just summarizing and doing more such as addressing PDF and other document needs, then UPDF AI is the full package that can help you do more in your daily work and study routine.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure