PDF Editors provide data-hiding techniques, so you may safely share documents without worrying about sensitive information leaking out. This article will provide you with all the information you need to know about the best and most highly rated tool available for hiding texts in PDF files, and how to redact and secure your PDF files with ease. Let's take a look at how to hide text in PDF.
Part 1. How to Hide Text in PDF with UPDF?
PDF documents have become an important source of delivering crucial information, correspondingly, protecting private informations appear to PDFs is an inevitably action for users. You can protect messages with reliable PDF editor - UPDF. Here are 2 simple steps to accomplish it!
Step 1: Use Black Block to Conceal Information
Open the PDF file, choose "Comment" function in left panel, then click "Rectangle" in the top menu bar, select black as the chosen color.
Cover the private information on the specific section with black block .
Step 2: Merge Black Block with Original File
Then choose "Save as Flatten" from "Save as Other" in the right sided menu, this step is aimed for merging black block as the 'background' with orginal file to make sure the information cannot be seen or modified by other people.
Then choose "Flatten Annotations and Forms" and "Save As" in the bottom to be the last step for saving the PDF files with private information protected.
Part 2. How to Hide Text in PDF with Adobe Acrobat?
The use of Adobe Acrobat DC is the first method for hiding text in PDF documents. In addition to functioning as a PDF viewer, it also has extensive editing capabilities for PDF files.
Adobe Acrobat DC has a tool called Remove Hidden Information, which searches for any PDF material in your document and allows you to delete it. A variety of data types, including comments, metadata, attachments, and metadata, might fall within this category. To remove forms, photos, and remove text from a PDF file, proceed through the following steps.
Key Features of Adobe Acrobat DC:
- Remove text, pictures, and forms from a PDF file.
- Whiteout your PDF file using OCR abilities
- Find and get rid of information that was hidden.
- It can read and modify PDF documents simultaneously.
Here is how to use PDF hide text feature of Adobe:
- You need to make sure that Adobe Acrobat is installed and running on your device.
- After that, select the "Select A File" option and navigate to the location of your PDF.
- Now, use the drop-down option labeled "Mark For Redaction" to pick the type of redaction that you require.
- After you have highlighted the text you wish to hide, choose the "Apply" option.
- At this point, you should save your file as a separate PDF document.
Part 3. How to Hide Text in PDF Online?
If you prefer not to download and install software on your computer, online tools are a great option. It turns out that there are a few programs out there that provide you with the ability to redact PDFs.
We put many popular online redaction programs to the test and found PDF.online to be the most effective overall.
It is easy to use the program even if you are not particularly familiar with it because of the intuitive design of the user interface.
It encrypts your data using the latest security standards, and after half an hour, it deletes the files from the server without you having to do a thing. Here's the online process for hiding any text from a PDF:
- Google search "Hide Text in PDF online"
- In the free online PDF Delete Pages tool, you may select the files from which you want to hide text.
- Simply selecting the "redact" button will initiate the redaction procedure.
- You may get the revised PDF file and store it on your computer or mobile device.
Part 4. The Best PDF Tool You Shouldn't Miss
UPDF - PDF editor works on all platforms and has an intuitive interface that makes working with PDFs a joy. UPDF makes it as simple as clicking a paragraph and typing to modify the text and images in a PDF. Of course, you can also adjust the text's alignment, style, and color, and pick from among dozens of fonts. You can download it by clicking the download button below.
The redact feature of UPDF is not out yet, but it will be available soon. The following are the most popular features of UPDF:
- You can use UPDF's edit text content capability to make changes and edit the text in PDF just as you would in a Word document.
- It is equipped with an in-built image editor that lets you do things like crop, remove, copy, replace, move, and resize images.
- With the use of the Page management tool, you can quickly and simply add new pages, delete old ones, rearrange, rotate, and extract content from your pages.
- In addition to being able to make edits in the PDF file format, the Convert function also allows you to export your PDF file to a wide variety of different file types.
- Another fantastic future addition is the OCR function, which will allow you to copy and paste text from a scanned PDF.
- It also allows you to lock PDF files from editing and copying via passwords.
Part 5. FAQs on Hiding Text in PDFs
Can I hide text in PDF for free?
Yes, you can hide text in PDF for free using tools like Adobe Acrobat. To redact, click the Tools menu and choose Redact. Select Redact Text & Images from the Edit menu to hide confidential material. Simply right-click on the desired PDF content or picture, and pick the Redact option.
How do I hide text in PDF?
You can use the above-mentioned methods to hide the text in PDF. You can also use the online tool or wait for the UPDF’s redact feature to be released. It will be more effective than the rest of the options.
How do I hide text in Adobe Acrobat DC?
- Launch the PDF file containing the text you wish to hide.
- Select Redact from the Tools menu to bring up the Secondary Tool Bar above the PDF. The Redaction Tools are a part of it.
- Select Mark for Redaction, and then click OK in the next box.
- You can black out certain sections of text by either double-clicking them or highlighting them by dragging your mouse over them.
- To apply your changes, simply return to the Redaction Tools. Confirm by clicking the OK button.
Why Do You Need to Hide Some Text in PDF?
- PDF files offer increased levels of safety because unauthorized people are unable to gain access to them.
- You may easily conceal text in a PDF file to keep your files secure when sharing them over the internet, which is important given that some businesses are quite protective of their data.
- This is done to prevent access to your files by anybody who is not permitted to do so, to encourage file sharing, and to guarantee that your data are safe from being accessed by the general public.
How to Reveal Hidden Text in PDF?
Unfortunately, reveal hidden text is impossible once it is redacted. Redaction is made for protecting users' private information, so it is irreversible after applying redaction.
When working with confidential material that you don't want leaking to the wrong people, you can hide the text. UPDF PDF Editor is about to update the hidden text tool in PDF files. UPDF provides trustworthy tools for quickly and easily modifying, converting, and making new PDF files. In a similar manner, you may change the file's font size, color, and other properties. Now, get UPDF by clicking the download button below!
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint