Newer PDF Editors provide data hiding techniques, so you may safely share documents without worrying about sensitive information leaking out.
This article will provide you with all the information you need to know about the best and most highly rated tool available for hiding texts in PDF files, and how to redact and secure your PDF files with ease. Let’s take a look at how to hide text in PDF:
- Part 1: Why Do You need to Hide Some Text in PDF?
- Part 2: How to Hide Text in PDF with Adobe Acrobat?
- Part 3: How to Hide Text in PDF Online?
- Part 4: How to Reveal Hidden Text in PDF?
- Part 5: The Best PDF Tool You Shouldn't Miss
- Part 6: FAQs on Hiding Text in PDFs
Part 1. Why Do You need to Hide Some Text in PDF?
If you deal with documents online, you are probably aware of how important it is to create a secure environment for your data. PDF files are frequently utilized in the process of transporting documents.
This is due to the fact that they are compatible with and can be seen without difficulty on a variety of computer systems.
They also offer increased levels of safety because unauthorized people are unable to gain access to them. In addition to this, making them and working with them is not too difficult.
And because it is impossible to make changes to them, they are the best mode for saving your files and sharing them with other people.
You may easily conceal text in a PDF file to keep your files secure when sharing them over the internet, which is important given that some businesses are quite protective of their data.
This is done to prevent access to your files by anybody who is not permitted to do so, to encourage file sharing, and to guarantee that your data are safe from being accessed by the general public.
The use of Adobe Acrobat DC is the first method for hiding text in PDF documents. In addition to functioning as a PDF viewer, it also has extensive editing capabilities for PDF files.
Adobe Acrobat DC has a tool called Remove Hidden Information, which searches for any PDF material in your document and allows you to delete it. A variety of data types, including comments, metadata, attachments, and metadata, might fall within this category. To remove text, photos, and forms from a PDF file, proceed through the following steps.
Key Features of Adobe Acrobat DC:
- Remove text, pictures, and forms from a PDF file.
- Whiteout your PDF file using OCR abilities
- Find and get rid of information that was hidden.
- It can read and modify PDF documents simultaneously.
- Possesses a straightforward and easy-to-use interface
Here is how to use PDF hide text feature of Adobe:
- You need to make sure that Adobe Acrobat is installed and running on your device.
- After that, select the "Select A File" option and navigate to the location of your PDF.
- Now, use the drop-down option labeled "Mark For Redaction" to pick the type of redaction that you require.
- After you have highlighted the text you wish to hide, choose the "Apply" option.
- At this point, you should save your file as a separate PDF document.
If you prefer not to download and install software on your computer, online tools are a great option. It turns out that there are a few programs out there that provide you with the ability to redact PDFs.
We put many popular online redaction programs to the test and found PDF.online to be the most effective overall.
It is easy to use the program even if you are not particularly familiar with it because of the intuitive design of the user interface.
It encrypts your data using the latest security standards, and after half an hour, it deletes the files from the server without you having to do a thing. Here's the online process for hiding any text from a PDF:
- Go to https://pdf.online/redact-pdf
- In the free online PDF Delete Pages tool, you may select the files from which you want to hide text.
- Simply selecting the "redact" button will initiate the redaction procedure.
- You may get the revised PDF file and store it on your computer or mobile device.
Most recent releases of Adobe Acrobat provide a feature that makes it possible to view invisible text without erasing it. To read the previously hidden words, use this function to reveal them and then copy and paste the content into a new Word document.
- Select "Choose File" from the "File" menu to find the PDF with the hidden text.
- Click "Examine Document" from the "Document" menu. After selecting a PDF file, Adobe Acrobat will do an automatic scan and display a list of potential errors.
- To see the PDF hidden text, click the "Preview" button. To see a sneak peek of your changes, click the "Show Preview" button. Now click the "Show Hidden Text" button in the document preview. By clicking the two arrow buttons on the Acrobat toolbar, you may flip through the pages of your PDF.
- To copy all of the content from your PDF, including the hidden words, use "Ctrl-A" and then "Ctrl-C." Simply open up Word and hit "Ctrl-V" to paste the content into the document. The result will be a new Word document including all of the content from your PDF, including any hidden material that you have unlocked.
UPDF is works on all platforms and has an intuitive interface that makes working with PDFs a joy.
UPDF makes it as simple as clicking a paragraph and typing to modify the text and images in a PDF. Of course, you can also adjust the text's alignment, style, and color, and pick from among dozens of fonts. You can download it by clicking the download button below.
The redact feature of UPDF is not out yet, but it will be available soon. The following are the most popular features of UPDF:
- You can use UPDF's edit text content capability to make changes and edit the text just as you would in a Word document.
- It is equipped with an in-built image editor that lets you do things like crop, remove, copy, replace, move, and resize images.
- With the use of the Page management tool, you can quickly and simply add new pages, delete old ones, rearrange, rotate, and extract content from your pages.
- In addition to being able to make edits in the PDF file format, the Convert function also allows you to export your PDF file to a wide variety of different file types.
- Another fantastic future addition is the OCR function, which will allow you to copy and paste text from a scanned PDF.
Yes, you can hide text in PDF for free using tools like Adobe Acrobat. To redact, click the Tools menu and choose Redact. Select Redact Text & Images from the Edit menu to hide confidential material. Simply right-click on the desired PDF content or picture, and pick the Redact option.
You can use the above-mentioned methods to hide the text in PDF. You can also use the online tool or wait for the UPDF’s redact feature to be released. It will be more effective than the rest of the options.
- Launch the PDF file containing the text you wish to hide.
- Select Redact from the Tools menu to bring up the Secondary Tool Bar above the PDF. The Redaction Tools are a part of it.
- Select Mark for Redaction, and then click OK in the next box.
- You can black out certain sections of text by either double-clicking them or highlighting them by dragging your mouse over them.
- To apply your changes, simply return to the Redaction Tools. Confirm by clicking the OK button.
When working with confidential material that you don't want leaking to the wrong people, you can hide the text. UPDF PDF Editor is about to update the hidden text tool in PDF files. UPDF provides trustworthy tools for quickly and easily modifying, converting, and making new PDF files. In a similar manner, you may change the file's font size, color, and other properties. Now, get UPDF by clicking the download button below!