When working on a particularly involving report in Microsoft Word, you may find that you need to refer to several other documents on your computer that may be in a different format such as PDF. You may also find that you need to add a PDF to the Word document you are working on. Doing this can help you avoid the long and involved process of having to copy all the content on the PDF.
If you find that you need to add PDF to Word, you can do that in one of the following ways. The method you choose will depend on the amount of content you want to add to the Word document and the size of the PDF document.
How to Add PDF to Word with UPDF
If the PDF document you want to add to Word has a lot of content, the best way to ensure that you can easily include all the content is to convert the PDF to Word. Once the PDF is in Word format, you can copy and paste the entire document into your Word project.
But if you have ever tried to convert PDF to any other format, you may have encountered problems with the formatting. To avoid messing with the original formatting of the document, we recommend using UPDF to convert the PDF to Word. Not only is this tool effective, but it is also a very accurate converter that will convert even the largest of PDF documents in a matter of seconds.
Download and install UPDF onto your computer and then follow these steps to use it to convert PDF to Word:
Step 1: Open Your PDF File
Open UPDF on your computer and then click on "Open File" to browse your computer for the PDF file that you want to convert. Dragging and dropping the PDF file into the program will also import the file into the program.
Step 2: Click the "Export PDF" Icon
Find the "Export PDF" icon and click on it.
You should see the PDF file on the next screen along with the various formats that you can convert it to. Since we are converting it to "Word" select "Word" from the options.
Step 3: Export PDF to Word
If the PDF document has numerous pages and you'd like to convert some of them, use the "Page Range" section to select the pages that you'd like to convert. To convert the entire document, select "All Pages."
Finally, click "Export" to start the conversion. Once the conversion process is complete, you can find the Word file on your computer.
Step 4: Add PDF to Word
You can then open the newly converted Word file and copy the content you want to add to your Word project. This is a much easier solution if you want to retain the formatting or there is a lot of content to add to the Word project you're working on.
UPDF can do more than convert PDF...
- UPDF is also a PDF editor to help you modify the texts and images on your PDF document.
- UPDF is a great PDF annotator, and you can add all kinds of markups to PDFs, including highlights, notes, text boxes, etc.
- It also can protect your PDFs with open passwords and permissions passwords.
- You can manage the pages of your PDF document by rotating, extracting, inserting, replacing, and deleting them.
How to Add PDF to Word as an Object using Microsoft Word
If you would rather not change anything on the PDF that you want to add to Word, you can choose to add it as is. The best way to do that is to add the PDF to Word as an object. The PDF will be part of the document in much the same way as an image would. This solution is ideal if the document is relatively small (not more than a page or two).
The process is simple and just use these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Word document that you're working on. With the cursor where you would like the PDF to appear, click on "Insert" at the top menu.
- Step 2: Click on the "Text" dropdown to choose "Object."
- Step 3: In the dialogue box that appears, click on "Create from file" and then select "Browse" to find the PDF you'd like to add.
- Step 4: When you find the PDF you'd like to add, click "Open."
- Step 5: Then click on "OK" to add the PDF to the Word document as an Object.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates