If you want to highlight your PDF notes or add sticky notes to them in order to enhance your learning and working, this article provides an easy-to-use annotator, Drawboard PDF. This tool will make you mark up PDF documents anywhere. To know more details about this PDF markup tool, keep viewing the following.
- Part 1: What is the Use of Drawboard PDF?
- Part 2: How to Use Drawboard PDF to Markup PDF on Windows
- Part 3: Steps to Use Drawboard PDF to Markup PDF Online
- Part 4: How to Markup PDF on Mac with Drawboard PDF Alternative
Part 1: What is the use of Drawboard PDF?
Drawboard PDF is a powerful tool that helps in marking up any PDF as convenient as it is with pen and paper. It is an all-in-one tool that assists in drawing different shapes, inserting signatures and images, and setting page calibrations per page on the PDF document. One can also change the background color from different present background colors.
Following are the commendable features for annotating your PDF document with the help of Drawboard PDF:
- Pen: The application provides a pen in its features through which you can add information and key points to your PDF.
- Highlighter and Eraser: You can use the highlighter to highlight the important and relatable points in a document. Moreover, the eraser can help you remove the irrelevant paragraphs from the PDF.
- Underline and Strike-Through: With the Drawboard app, you can also underline the important lines to make them prominent or strike through the text if you want to show that it's not important.
- Make Different Shapes: The user can also make rectangles, clouds, and polygons on the document. With these interesting shapes, you can highlight and make the PDF prominent.
In this part, we will learn about the step-by-step procedure involved in using the Drawboard PDF free to markup PDF on Windows:
Step 1: Download the Drawboard PDF on your system. When the software is downloaded, you don't have to create an account. Click on "I will do it later," and then tap on "Open from device."
Step 2: You can now browse through your PC to find the relevant file. After finding the file, double-click on it to open the file in Drawboard PDF.
Step 3: When the file is opened in the application, you will see the annotating tools on the right side. It will include a pen, eraser, highlighter, etc. Use them to annotate your PDF tool.
Step 4: Moreover, if you want to add other annotate tools to use on the PDF file, click on the "+" icon situated on the left side of the interface. Select an option to annotate your PDF.
Step 5: When you are done annotating the document, click on the "Save" option on the left side of the panel. Save the file on your device.
We have acknowledged the steps involved in using Drawboard app on your device. Now, let’s understand how to use Drawboard PDF to annotate your PDF online:
Step 1: Go to the Drawboard PDF online tool. Tap on “Open file from device” to select the PDF from your device. Select the relevant file and double-click on it to open the document in Drawboard PDF online.
Step 2: The annotating tools will be displayed on the right side, including a pen, eraser, highlighter, etc. You can also change the color, opacity, and thickness of the pen as per your choice.
Step 3: If you want to add other annotation tools to use on your file, press the "+" icon from the left side and use the multiple options present over there. Save your file by clicking the "Export" option from the left side of the interface.
We have discussed the working of Drawboard PDF online and Windows. To markup PDF on Mac, you can use UPDF for Mac, a free and stunning PDF tool that helps in annotating, editing, and organizing the PDF pages.
This Drawboard app alternative is completely free, so you don't have to pay for the whole service for one-time use. Moreover, the interface of UPDF is easy-to-use. Anyone can use it to annotate the PDF files. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
The interface of UPDF is quite delightful and attractive. If we talk about security, the application provides complete security to the user’s document. The annotation feature of UPDF offers the following characteristics to markup the PDF document:
- Insert Shapes: UPDF enables the addition of shapes like oval, rectangle, and eclipse in the file to highlight the important points.
- Use Marker, Highlighter, and Eraser: You can also use the marker to add a few points to the PDF and a highlighter to point out some points.
- Add Comments: One can also make comments using the strikeout texts, text boxes, and sticky notes to add important points.
- Bookmark: The bookmark management of UPDF allows you to add a bookmark so you can navigate your PDF document.
- Add Stamps: UPDF allows you to add stamps to PDF quickly.
- Various Stickers: Here are many various stickers in UPDF. You can add any beautiful stickers as reviews.
Step-by-Step Guide to Annotate PDF using UPDF Mac Tool
Now, let’s understand how to perform the annotation on our PDF files with the assistance of UPDF MacBook software:
Step 1: Open PDF File
Download the UPDF software on your MacBook and open it. Now, click on the "Open File" button to browse and open your relevant PDF file.
Step 2: Access Comment Tool
Click on the "Comment" button to open the "Annotation" tools. The tools, including text highlight, shapes, underline, and the marker, will be displayed.
Step 3: Annotate your PDF
Use the annotate tools to mark your PDF's important points or headings. You can also change the color of the annotate tools to differentiate the importance of points in the PDF. To save the PDF, you can press “Command + S” on your MacBook.
Video Tutorial on How to Draw on PDF on Mac
With the help of annotating tools, you can make your PDF files informative and understandable for yourself and the readers as well. You can underline the important paragraphs and add the meaning of difficult words via sticky notes and comments. If you are proofreading the content of a PDF, you can highlight the points that need to be edited.
For this purpose, we have introduced Drawboard PDF for Windows and Online intent. Moreover, UPDF will be used on Mac operating system.
Besides the above PDF markup tools, if you want to know more about other online markup tools, Weava highlighter is a great choice as well.